PDA

View Full Version : O’toole is out. It’s happening.

Pages : [1] 2

Darkane
02-02-2022, 12:25 PM
https://globalnews.ca/news/8588503/erin-otoole-ousted-in-caucus-revolt/amp/

How soon until we can reasonably see a new leader speak?

Shlade
02-02-2022, 12:27 PM
There is more honour among thieves than there is in government.

JRSC00LUDE
02-02-2022, 12:27 PM
If only ANYONE could have seen he was a complete fucking O'fool right from the start and his selection would guarantee more Liberal bliss for years to come. Oh wait......

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 12:30 PM
There is more honour among thieves than there is in government.

Politics, regardless where that politics happens.

Interesting to see who is suited to be interim leader. Also sounds like his handling of the convoy play a role in the final vote. So truckers won?

Although, rumor that CPC members have been pissed ever since O'Toole let Conversion Therapy ban passed without resistance on Jan 7th. So he had it coming in many ways.

Ca_Silvia13
02-02-2022, 12:38 PM
https://globalnews.ca/news/8588503/erin-otoole-ousted-in-caucus-revolt/amp/

How soon until we can reasonably see a new leader speak?

Isn't it fairly clear Brian Jean will be taking over?

lasimmon
02-02-2022, 12:48 PM
If only ANYONE could have seen he was a complete fucking O'fool right from the start and his selection would guarantee more Liberal bliss for years to come. Oh wait......

Wait till you see the next leader…

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 12:49 PM
Wait till you see the next leader…

Jason Kenney

Serious tho, who does CPC got on the bench?

PP and Rempel?

Would McKay come back after watching what O'Toole has gone thru?

Would Kenney be free after his own review?

Would Brad Wall come out of retirement?

KLCC
02-02-2022, 12:54 PM
Michelle Rempel or Pierre Poilievre

vengie
02-02-2022, 12:57 PM
Poilievre is the most logical choice.
Rempel is a headcase.

We shall see.

SJW
02-02-2022, 12:58 PM
Rempel is a headcase.

We shall see.

I vote for Pierre.

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 01:01 PM
Rempel is a headcase.

We shall see.

I think PP has done way more self promotions over the years than Rempel. Always thought Rempel is more of a follow the leader type of MP, don't really think she can lead.

PP would be an interesting choice but the prairie provinces may work against him tho.

Darkane
02-02-2022, 01:04 PM
I want Rempel, but she doesn’t speak La Francé.

PP, at least then it’s hair v hair.

02-02-2022, 01:07 PM
We need a woman leader for gender politics. Candace Bergen or Michelle Rempel

msommers
02-02-2022, 01:09 PM

Pierre would be great.

90_Shelby
02-02-2022, 01:21 PM
PP would be an interesting choice but the prairie provinces may work against him tho.

Even though he’s Calgarian?

ZenOps
02-02-2022, 01:30 PM
If there ever was a man who needed a social media presence.

On his way in and on his way out, Who?

JRSC00LUDE
02-02-2022, 01:32 PM
They have no one who will win.

ThePenIsMightier
02-02-2022, 01:37 PM
I personally hope that PP has the sense to wait for the next two leaders to flop before taking the reins. It will take $5/L gasoline to get rid of Trudeau and we are not there yet. We will be, but not yet.

*How the fuck do you pronounce Pierre's last name?

ZenOps
02-02-2022, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't go for Pierre. He is far to mired in reality with ideas like inflation. Which means he is a poor fit for the dreamers.

Idea being that you want dreamers for growth, even if they fail. Pierre would work as a leader of an Asian country.

Kg810
02-02-2022, 01:40 PM
Pierre Poilievre is awesome. I hope he steps up.

jutes
02-02-2022, 01:45 PM
We need a woman leader for gender politics. Candace Bergen or Michelle Rempel

Harriette Winslow would fill the woman and diversity tickbox.

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 01:46 PM
Even though he’s Calgarian?

You mean like Freeland is an Albertan?

But I do think PP has the best chance. If I were him tho, I will wait one more round before throwing my name out.

bigboom
02-02-2022, 01:47 PM

He's a tool...went to high school with him.

JRSC00LUDE
02-02-2022, 01:51 PM

He is awesome for sound bites and entertainment but he is not going to win the next Federal election.

- - - Updated - - -

Judging someone based on who you knew them to be in high school is not a valid form of criticism and is as emotionally immature as old JT himself.

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 01:51 PM

Sounds like Trudeau found his equal. :D

Disoblige
02-02-2022, 01:53 PM
You gotta be some kind of special to be a politician. It's a cliche saying because it's true.

Buster
02-02-2022, 01:55 PM
You gotta be some kind of special to be a politician. It's a cliche saying because it's true.

It's show biz for ugly people

SJW
02-02-2022, 02:02 PM
Just testing my new signature.

Masked Bandit
02-02-2022, 02:11 PM

My vote would be PP but MR wouldn't surprise me either.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2022, 02:21 PM
He is awesome for sound bites and entertainment but he is not going to win the next Federal election. CPC isn't winning next election even is Dwayne Johnson himself decided to run. They need to not go backwards, start looking competent, and they have a hope for the one after that.

duaner
02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
Harriette Winslow would fill the woman and diversity tickbox.

Or Leslyn Lewis. Too bad the CPC are too short-sighted to see the benefit of a minority female as leader against Trudeau. If identity politics is the game Trudeau plays, may as well play, at least for a little while.

suntan
02-02-2022, 03:05 PM
Or Leslyn Lewis. Too bad the CPC are too short-sighted to see the benefit of a minority female as leader against Trudeau. If identity politics is the game Trudeau plays, may as well play, at least for a little while.

Canadians will never vote for a minority leader, let alone a female one.

Hey that Candice Bergen chick is hawt.

dirtsniffer
02-02-2022, 03:08 PM
from the CBC

O'Toole has time and again betrayed the party's socially conservative base with his support for abortion, LGBT ideology, oppressive lockdowns, and liberty-destroying passports for abortion-tainted vaccines," said Jeff Gunnarson, the president of the Campaign Life Coalition. "It's about time this fake conservative was given the boot."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otoole-leadership-vote-1.6336336

I wold ask how the quote made it in the article, but it's obvious

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 03:20 PM
CPC isn't winning next election even is Dwayne Johnson himself decided to run. They need to not go backwards, start looking competent, and they have a hope for the one after that.

I don't know how this could be accomplished. O'toole tried it and he held his own IMO. CPC need another Harper to silence a portion of the party.

But it's going to be way harder now than back in the 2000s.

Sentry
02-02-2022, 03:27 PM

ShermanEF9
02-02-2022, 03:27 PM
Never trust a man named Erin.

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 03:39 PM
I wold ask how the quote made it in the article, but it's obvious

Even National Post "opinion" piece reads like an article from the onion.
https://nationalpost.com/news/politics/the-leading-candidates-to-replace-erin-otoole-should-he-lose-his-job

JRSC00LUDE
02-02-2022, 03:41 PM
Just testing my new signature.

I think it's a winner! And mine remains as relevant today as it was in days of yesteryear.

I just keep snowcat's there as a constant reminder of the hypocrisy in his homophobia.

googe
02-02-2022, 03:45 PM
Pierre could win and is top choice but doesn't want the job. And who could blame him.

The only people power hungry enough to want the top position are exactly the type you don't want to have it.

dimi
02-02-2022, 04:48 PM
This is good in the long run. To me it’s not about the left vs. right in the party, as everyone seems to be depicting. He won the leadership, disappeared for a year, reappeared to run a marginal campaign and lose seats, and has been radio silent since. His MPs make more noise and have more reach than him. Flipped flopped on almost every position he had. At least have some conviction and act in the capacity of the opposition.

The guy is not a leader. Period.

lasimmon
02-02-2022, 05:01 PM
The best thing to come from this would be to actually kick all the regressive losers out and then actually become a fiscally conservative socially progressive party. I bet you would gain way more voters than you would lose in that case.

Instead they will elect some regressive loser like Lewis and get mopped in the next election again.

Buster
02-02-2022, 05:13 PM
The best thing to come from this would be to actually kick all the regressive losers out and then actually become a fiscally conservative socially progressive party. I bet you would gain way more voters than you would lose in that case.

Instead they will elect some regressive loser like Lewis and get mopped in the next election again.

You would see a new grassroots party spring up to divide the vote.

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 05:26 PM
fiscally conservative socially progressive party.

Sounds good but Canada never had one, Harper's rein was closest.

killramos
02-02-2022, 05:26 PM
Socially Progressive Fiscally Conservative is far more of an oxymoron than most are willing to admit.

The foundation of the “socially progressive” platform is giving special interest groups free shit paid for by other people and building a massive government bureaucracy to support it.

The idea of having a social welfare state that’s fiscally conservative is a fallacy.

90_Shelby
02-02-2022, 05:40 PM
You mean like Freeland is an Albertan?

But I do think PP has the best chance. If I were him tho, I will wait one more round before throwing my name out.

Not like Freeland, no.

I don't think she would be a good candidate to run for leadership of the Conservative party, despite also being from Alberta.

As a liberal, probably not a great fit for her.

Buster
02-02-2022, 05:46 PM
Socially Progressive Fiscally Conservative is far more of an oxymoron than most are willing to admit.

The foundation of the “socially progressive” platform is giving special interest groups free shit paid for by other people and building a massive government bureaucracy to support it.

The idea of having a social welfare state that’s fiscally conservative is a fallacy.

I think people are talking about gay marriage and love-your-trans type stuff.

finboy
02-02-2022, 05:55 PM

Based on what was actually in the conversion ban law vs what it was labeled is, I don’t really trust any “socially liberal” government to not mean “culturally woke” or “esg considerate”

How about fiscally responsible (but not fully libertarian), socially libertarian?

Buster
02-02-2022, 06:00 PM
Based on what was actually in the conversion ban law vs what it was labeled is, I don’t really trust any “socially liberal” government to not mean “culturally woke” or “esg considerate”

How about fiscally responsible (but not fully libertarian), socially libertarian?

People love being libertarian when it suits them ("her body her choice!"), and then not when it suits them ("unless vaccine, then not her body her choice!")

g-m
02-02-2022, 06:10 PM

That is 100% what's going to happen. I would put large sums of money on it

killramos
02-02-2022, 06:24 PM

You mean like spending public dollars on gender affirming surgery, or grants for affirmative action hires, massive government ministries dedicated to special interest groups etc.

You could go all Laissez affaire Libertarian and let anyone do anything they want, but as we know most don’t have the stomach for that though because if there is something “progressives” love it’s telling people what to do or think.

Morons love imposing their moronic views on others. That’s the real problem. Layer money into it and you get government.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2022, 06:25 PM
Your body my choice.

Buster
02-02-2022, 06:29 PM
You mean like spending public dollars on gender affirming surgery, or grants for affirmative action hires, massive government ministries dedicated to special interest groups etc.

You could go all Laissez affaire Libertarian and let anyone do anything they want, but as we know most don’t have the stomach for that though because if there is something “progressives” love it’s telling people what to do or think.

Morons love imposing their moronic views on others. That’s the real problem. Layer money into it and you get government.

That's what I'm sying, what people say is "socially liberal" is too wide ranging to be useful.

I think a LOT of the time, people are actually wanting to say "socially libertarian", but that doesn't sound good at dinner parties. Obama was against gay marriage for half of his presidency, meanwhile libertarian types (like you and me), were advocating for gay marriage being a thing LONG before that.

killramos
02-02-2022, 06:33 PM
Deciding what social issues are in vogue has always been very important to modern Liberals.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2022, 07:51 PM

Buster
02-02-2022, 07:54 PM
The problem isn't who the conservatives select. And it isn't Trudeau.

the problem is Canadians.

You guys are arguing over irrelevancies.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Irrelevancies are beyonds favourite asset class.

redline
02-02-2022, 08:48 PM

This

They are going to go farther right and never win a election …

Buster
02-02-2022, 09:12 PM
This

They are going to go farther right and never win a election …

If they do win, what do you expect to be the outcome of that from a policy perspective?

darthVWader
02-02-2022, 09:35 PM
Candice Bergen is the new interim leader.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2022, 09:40 PM
Am I the only person who can't stop thinking of Murphy Brown? I liked that show. And I apparently cannot not connect this.

03ozwhip
02-02-2022, 09:42 PM
Am I the only person who can't stop thinking of Murphy Brown? I liked that show. And I apparently cannot not connect this.

I said this to my wife. She had no idea what I was saying. It's the only thing I think about.

ThePenIsMightier
02-02-2022, 10:09 PM
https://youtu.be/zqKs5F-YeLY

Xtrema
02-02-2022, 11:03 PM
Not like Freeland, no.

I don't think she would be a good candidate to run for leadership of the Conservative party, despite also being from Alberta.

As a liberal, probably not a great fit for her.

I meant in a sense that they have roots here but have not represent Alberta for a long time.

SkiBum5.0
02-03-2022, 11:12 PM
Fak I can’t read 4 pages. Brad Wall is not entering politics again. Had a LI message today saying that very clearly. Has his son’s career and his own ranch dreams to worry about

rage2
02-03-2022, 11:37 PM

2Legit2Quit
02-03-2022, 11:47 PM
Jerusalem never got a shot yet again

googe
02-04-2022, 02:37 AM
The real problem with the conservative party is their mindset shift from holding strong principles and selling those, to basically doing audience testing (poorly) and going whichever way the wind blows. AKA "If the poll says they want virtue Signaling, I'll virtue signal" O'Toole. That's why he thought he was safe to snub the convoy before they left and then did his biggest belly flop yet once he realized his data was clearly wrong.

This makes it pretty obvious why Bernier left, and says a lot about his character, whether you agree with him or not. But the truckers I talked to all said they can't vote for max or the libs will keep their seats.

I don't even live there but I'd like a country to come back to some day :rofl:

ZenOps
02-04-2022, 09:22 AM
The problem with O'toole is that noone knew who he was to start with, he didn't do anything memorable in the short time he was in, and I don't think anyone is going to notice when he is gone.

Sort of like hiring a Gen Z, ahaha.

SJW
02-04-2022, 09:47 AM
Your body my choice.

It was even creepier when you said this whilst putting on the rubber gloves.

ExtraSlow
02-04-2022, 09:53 AM
It was even creepier when you said this whilst putting on the rubber gloves.

This is the dirtiest thing anyone has said to me so far this morning. thx.

mr2mike
02-04-2022, 01:08 PM
I personally hope that PP has the sense to wait for the next two leaders to flop before taking the reins. It will take $5/L gasoline to get rid of Trudeau and we are not there yet. We will be, but not yet.

*How the fuck do you pronounce Pierre's last name?

This.
I love Pierre Pollievre but he needs to wait a bit longer.
It's spoken like "Poly-Ev".

Surprisingly, I am liking how Murphy Brown presents and speaks. Maybe it's an "anything is better after O'toole" mentality.
Agree a woman would work for the gender card.

Nice interview a buddy did with Pollievre.

https://youtu.be/PUE_1I_K8zU

Xtrema
02-04-2022, 01:19 PM
This.
Surprisingly, I am liking how Murphy Brown presents and speaks. Maybe it's an "anything is better after O'toole" mentality.
Agree a woman would work for the gender card.

She was interim leader when Sheer was pushed. But she keep getting pushed into interim role means she either has no chance within the party or doesn't want it?

Seriously, a female leader would really kill Liberal's momentum. But if Murphy Brown won't step up, I don't anyone else left on the bench can. Definitely not Lewis. Rempel like PP, it's a bit early.

ExtraSlow
02-04-2022, 01:21 PM
Canada tends to prefer leaders who are a bit more reserved and I wonder if PP fits better as weapon of the party, not the face of it, like he's been playing for the last few years. I think a woman is a good idea that helps deflect a few of the low-blow identity politics objections, but that's a small thing. I don't know much about the candidates though.

killramos
02-04-2022, 01:37 PM
I think we should elect an absolute bae prime minister.

Is Elisha Cuthbert available?

Xtrema
02-04-2022, 02:47 PM
The real problem with the conservative party is their mindset shift from holding strong principles and selling those, to basically doing audience testing (poorly) and going whichever way the wind blows. AKA "If the poll says they want virtue Signaling, I'll virtue signal" O'Toole. That's why he thought he was safe to snub the convoy before they left and then did his biggest belly flop yet once he realized his data was clearly wrong.

This makes it pretty obvious why Bernier left, and says a lot about his character, whether you agree with him or not. But the truckers I talked to all said they can't vote for max or the libs will keep their seats.

I don't even live there but I'd like a country to come back to some day :rofl:

In reality, if you think holding onto principle is ideal, people who doesn't like O'Toole should have switched to PPC. I think they are more aligned there and may even do a merge with BQ to be a force to be reckon with.

SJW
02-04-2022, 03:30 PM
I think we should elect an absolute bae prime minister.

Is Elisha Cuthbert available?

Is Nenshi available to teach her how to be woke AF?

killramos
02-04-2022, 03:32 PM
That would be an entertaining mansplain

mr2mike
02-04-2022, 03:56 PM

It's the only remaining manly quality Nenshi had.

Yolobimmer
02-04-2022, 11:19 PM
Thanks truckers!!!

Destory the cpc, strengthen Trudeau.

I bet that was the false flag plan the whole time.

Buster
02-04-2022, 11:42 PM

Xtrema
02-05-2022, 12:04 AM
Thanks truckers!!!

Destory the cpc, strengthen Trudeau.

I bet that was the false flag plan the whole time.

Like Ron Liepert say, the middle political spectrum is pretty juicy right now as Trudeau gone further left in a minority gov. But the far right elements just won't let the party settle down and fight again in probably less than 2 year's time.

Yolobimmer
02-05-2022, 07:52 AM
Like Ron Liepert say, the middle political spectrum is pretty juicy right now as Trudeau gone further left in a minority gov. But the far right elements just won't let the party settle down and fight again in probably less than 2 year's time.

Liberals are far right. Just left of cpc though. Not quite witch burners, but still oligarch lovers.

killramos
02-05-2022, 08:02 AM
Who the fuck invited Toma back

finboy
02-05-2022, 06:19 PM
https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1490115382157398030

Pierre is in

killramos
02-05-2022, 06:23 PM
Too bad. I agree he’s not ready, or at least that timing is bad.

Who knows though, Trudeau is polling terribly anyone might be able to win against him.

90_Shelby
02-05-2022, 06:28 PM
https://twitter.com/PierrePoilievre/status/1490115382157398030

Pierre is in

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!

mr2mike
02-05-2022, 06:32 PM
I don't think he's ready. This might blow up badly.

https://youtu.be/5ZaVfEHxs30

ExtraSlow
02-05-2022, 06:33 PM
Well, PP ain't boring.

googe
02-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Oh he's ready

tirebob
02-05-2022, 06:37 PM
He's got my vote out of anyone possible.

finboy
02-05-2022, 06:40 PM
Coming weeks will be make or break, lots of variables at play and he will have to get a strong first impression. Blanchette has hinted at talking to the truckers, I could see Poilievre cucking to BQ to trigger an election in the future like Harper did previously. 6 months down the road, I suspect people will forget about covid quickly which will leave us with a meh economy, horribly over priced houses, inflation, and a lot of people tired with woke platitudes.

Yolobimmer
02-05-2022, 06:43 PM
Oh good. More easy fodder.

sabad66
02-05-2022, 06:59 PM
Coming weeks will be make or break, lots of variables at play and he will have to get a strong first impression. Blanchette has hinted at talking to the truckers, I could see Poilievre cucking to BQ to trigger an election in the future like Harper did previously. 6 months down the road, I suspect people will forget about covid quickly which will leave us with a meh economy, horribly over priced houses, inflation, and a lot of people tired with woke platitudes.

I don’t think cpc and bq alone can trigger an election without ndp support.

That said I do like PP for the job. If not him then who else?

ianmcc
02-05-2022, 07:01 PM
Oh he's ready.
But are we ready?

Yolobimmer
02-05-2022, 07:08 PM

Just close up shop.

After their support of the insurectionists, they are done for at least 10 years.

finboy
02-05-2022, 07:18 PM

I have no skin in the game as I don’t think the conservatives will actually do much to help Alberta, but Reddit Canada is triggered so at least there’s that

arcticcat522
02-05-2022, 07:49 PM
We have a front runner for the new leader....104361

Edit...too late

02-05-2022, 07:59 PM
He’s got nice hair!

MrFaust
02-05-2022, 08:50 PM
I have no skin in the game as I don’t think the conservatives will actually do much to help Alberta, but Reddit Canada is triggered so at least there’s that

When I read those reddits it feels like these individuals don't want to put in the effort to reach certain goals or lack the tools to begin figuring out for themselves what they need to do to get past the hurdles life throw's their way so they choose to demand the bar be lowered to the lowest height and they be lifted over it at everyone else's expense.

They are the result of society's idea that we are born special and can never fail, when we have to create and build our own value in society, what they fail to realize is if we do nothing and are nothing here and now, we will be less than nothing in any other social construct if we do not improve ourselves.

redline
02-05-2022, 11:19 PM
Too bad he does not know what country he is in… in Canada you don’t run for PM …

He is running for the leadership of that dumb shit bag party , if he actually wins , he has to win his seat … then they need win an election, which is doubtful at best …