PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Insurance

gmc72
02-27-2022, 03:58 PM
I am looking at a bike, and am looking to get an insurance quote. Who would beyond recommend?

I have a call out to someone I know, but am looking for other quotes as well.

Thanks

ExtraSlow
02-27-2022, 04:01 PM
Always worth getting a quote from touchstone.

killramos
02-27-2022, 04:36 PM
Touchstone was able to save my brother a huge amount on his bike when he had it

ThePenIsMightier
02-27-2022, 05:02 PM
I have a "super sport" bike that became difficult to insure and TD Meloche Monex was able to get me insured through Primmum. If you elect to skip theft insurance, it's cheaper than dirt.
Apparently, many companies started refusing to insure certain bikes.

D'z Nutz
02-27-2022, 09:42 PM
Touchstone is always on the ball. Saved me a few hundred bucks last year from the previous on my Harley.

gmc72
02-28-2022, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the info. I have submitted a request to Touchstone for a quote.

Pacman
02-28-2022, 09:29 AM
I have a "super sport" bike that became difficult to insure and TD Meloche Monex was able to get me insured through Primmum. If you elect to skip theft insurance, it's cheaper than dirt.
Apparently, many companies started refusing to insure certain bikes.

Both TD and Dejardins refuse to insure a slow as hell, 750cc moto guzzi as it's on their "list". I figured the "list" would only be reserved for high powered sport bikes.

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-28-2022, 11:55 AM
TD wanted $2200 to insure my Fireblade. Echelon wanted $900. Intact is insuring both my Fireblade, and my dirtbike for $513 combined, and that includes theft and such on the street bike.

Buster
02-28-2022, 12:09 PM
Masked Bandit got back to me in an hour or so with a quote for my new bike.

Just call touchstone and make your life easier.

Pacman
02-28-2022, 12:26 PM
TD wanted $2200 to insure my Fireblade. Echelon wanted $900. Intact is insuring both my Fireblade, and my dirtbike for $513 combined, and that includes theft and such on the street bike.

I'm also with Intact for my bike but my broker is hard to get a hold of most times. Are you able to go through Intact directly or using a broker for it?

Masked Bandit
02-28-2022, 01:26 PM
Just a heads up our website is having problems so quote requests submitted on there aren't coming through.

Bigger picture, motorcycles are WAY easier & cheaper to insure now compared to even five years ago.

P.S. - Thanks for the love guys, it's appreciated!

<3 Beyonders

gmc72
02-28-2022, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys. I got a quote from my insurance provider (Intact) and they are the cheapest so far at $375 for the year. Sometimes it pays to be an old man on a smaller bike!! HAHAHA!! I haven't bought the bike yet (closed today), so I'll still wait for any other quotes that come in.

Thanks again.

Buster
02-28-2022, 01:49 PM
Thanks guys. I got a quote from my insurance provider (Intact) and they are the cheapest so far at $375 for the year. Sometimes it pays to be an old man on a smaller bike!! HAHAHA!! I haven't bought the bike yet (closed today), so I'll still wait for any other quotes that come in.

Thanks again.

well what bike did you buy?

sheesh

Masked Bandit
02-28-2022, 01:50 PM

Thanks again.

We'd be putting you with Intact as well, just take that policy and keep everything bundled with the rest of your vehicles.

gmc72
02-28-2022, 01:57 PM
well what bike did you buy?

sheesh

Putting an offer in tomorrow on a 2020 BMW F900XR. Has 23K, but lady ridden and all maintenance up to date!

Buster
02-28-2022, 02:04 PM
Putting an offer in tomorrow on a 2020 BMW F900XR. Has 23K, but lady ridden and all maintenance up to date!

oh nice...welcome to the BMW club!

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-28-2022, 02:14 PM
I'm also with Intact for my bike but my broker is hard to get a hold of most times. Are you able to go through Intact directly or using a broker for it?

My broker I was with lost contracts with a ton of companies, and my contact left anyways, and I never got around to calling Touchstone, so all my other stuff is with TD, and I'm with Intact "directly". You can't actually go through them directly, but if you inquire directly, they set you up on... brokerlink? Anyways, if you're not a lazy pos like me, just go to Masked Bandit @ Touchstone. Intact is definitely the way to go in AB.

gmc72
02-28-2022, 02:17 PM
My broker I was with lost contracts with a ton of companies, and my contact left anyways, and I never got around to calling Touchstone, so all my other stuff is with TD, and I'm with Intact "directly". You can't actually go through them directly, but if you inquire directly, they set you up on... brokerlink? Anyways, if you're not a lazy pos like me, just go to Masked Bandit @ Touchstone. Intact is definitely the way to go in AB.

That's what another broker told me as well. If you're already with Intact, just add it through your broker. It won't be any cheaper anywhere else.

cam_wmh
02-28-2022, 03:01 PM
Love this. I’m looking at a Triumph when I’m back in the homeland. I’ll ping my broker to inquire with Intact.

Rocket1k78
02-28-2022, 03:43 PM

Good luck! Arent all used vehicles lady driven/ridden:rofl: