PDA

View Full Version : why is my boiler system jizzing

Buster
05-06-2022, 10:54 PM
Anyone have any idea why my boiler circuit for my in floor heating would be doing this? Looks like it's doing maybe 200-300ml an hour or so.

ThePenIsMightier
05-06-2022, 11:02 PM
I should know more about this, but at a glance, it looks like you're experiencing an over pressure and your pressure relief valve is lifting.
Which isn't good.
I mean... It's good in that the system is protecting itself... But it shouldn't be doing that.

Buster
05-06-2022, 11:09 PM
I should know more about this, but at a glance, it looks like you're experiencing an over pressure and your pressure relief valve is lifting.
Which isn't good.
I mean... It's good in that the system is protecting itself... But it shouldn't be doing that.

Thanks. I turned the boiler off for now

mr2mike
05-07-2022, 01:28 PM
This is a closed circuit of fluid?
Glycol in there?

Valve stuck somewhere in the line?
Almost looks like if you had low fluid and the pump is foaming it up.

Admittedly, I don't know much about those systems.

spike98
05-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Which isn't good.

Or the relief device is failing itself. This happens. I would depressurize the system and replace the valve before anything else. If it does it again, your pressure regulator/pump is failing (most likely) or the system is over heating (least likely).

Buster
05-07-2022, 03:18 PM
I don't really want to mess around with this stuff, so I think I'll call someone to risk their face instead of mine. I don't want to become Darkman.

Any recommendations? Canyon?

JfuckinC
05-07-2022, 04:14 PM
Mine was doing it too, replaced the valves no change. Is your system making any noise? My transformer for the valves is clicking super loud, but I feel like I let the air out and for a day or two it doesn’t.. I’ve been meaning to get it looked at but haven’t had time.

Let me know what you find out if someone comes for a look.

Buster
05-07-2022, 04:38 PM
Mine was doing it too, replaced the valves no change. Is your system making any noise? My transformer for the valves is clicking super loud, but I feel like I let the air out and for a day or two it doesn’t.. I’ve been meaning to get it looked at but haven’t had time.

Let me know what you find out if someone comes for a look.
tirebob has a guy...i made a couple of adjustments to the valve and we'll see if that helps

Darkane
05-07-2022, 04:38 PM
I don't really want to mess around with this stuff, so I think I'll call someone to risk their face instead of mine. I don't want to become Darkman.

Any recommendations? Canyon?

Good movie. Would you like to become Darkane?

It’s only one letter off.

suntan
05-08-2022, 09:18 AM
Your boiler system must have found your OF.

killramos
05-08-2022, 09:23 AM
Your boiler system must have found ES’s OF.

ftfy

MrFaust
05-08-2022, 09:00 PM
That's an automatic air vent mounted to an air separator, without taking a look and seeing in person my guess is that the air vent despite looking new and shiny is faulty or more likely that the expansion tank directly beneath it had its bladder fail and the air is escaping into the system.

Buster
05-08-2022, 09:06 PM
That's an automatic air vent mounted to an air separator, without taking a look and seeing in person my guess is that the air vent despite looking new and shiny is faulty or more likely that the expansion tank directly beneath it had its bladder fail and the air is escaping into the system.

thanks ya. it looks fine other than the jizz now all over it.

ThePenIsMightier
05-08-2022, 09:28 PM

That what she said...

JfuckinC
05-08-2022, 09:53 PM

Shit, this sounds like what could have happened to mine!

MrFaust
05-08-2022, 10:09 PM

Shit, this sounds like what could have happened to mine!

One of the things you can do to determine if the bladder in the tank has ruptured and whether or not the tank is water logged is to tap the bottom and top of the tank lightly with a screw driver, the part of the tank furthest from the piping connection should sound hollow when compared to the portion closest to the tank inlet, if it sounds like its full, or there is no discernable difference in sound between top and bottom of the tank it is likely water logged.