PDA

View Full Version : Bill Burr @ Prince’s Island Park June 2022

Darell_n
05-25-2022, 12:56 PM
Anybody get tickets for this in June? (Great Outdoor Comedy Festival) I have 2 VIP table spots available to me but the show says to bring your own chair?? Anybody been to a major comedy show outside with no shelter? Just concerned about wind, baking in the sun and ambient noise compared to $150 tickets.

ThePenIsMightier
05-25-2022, 01:41 PM
That sounds awesome!
I have nothing valuable to contribute aside from that.
Maybe a bunch of people will boo his opener and he'll come out swinging like that time in Philly!

Buster
05-25-2022, 01:51 PM
I looked at the tickets briefly. Some friends and I were going to pick up a table.

Then I realized it's in a park, in the sun, in the middle of the day, on a sunday, with like rows of tables or some shit?

No thanks. Comedy is best in a dirty club late at night. Maybe the jube if it's the right act.

Darell_n
05-25-2022, 02:05 PM
I looked at the tickets briefly. Some friends and I were going to pick up a table.

Then I realized it's in a park, in the sun, in the middle of the day, on a sunday, with like rows of tables or some shit?

No thanks. Comedy is best in a dirty club late at night. Maybe the jube if it's the right act.

That’s what I was thinking. The 2 shows are at 3pm and 7:30pm, sundown end of June is like midnight.

Buster
05-25-2022, 02:11 PM
That’s what I was thinking. The 2 shows are at 3pm and 7:30pm, sundown end of June is like midnight.

Burr is flying in in the morning on a non-prime day (sunday in the summer), making a few bucks, and then flying out. Good for him, but that's not how I want to see Burr.

rage2
05-25-2022, 02:22 PM
Summer is here, stop sitting inside watching hockey. If it's cold as shit outside, may as well watch something on TV. But not when it's nice.

Buster
05-25-2022, 02:36 PM

Contradictions are a way of life.

Darell_n
05-25-2022, 02:56 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Contradictions are a way of life.

There is only right and wrong. ie: Calgary Flames are wrong.

Sentry
05-25-2022, 03:04 PM
I caught him a few years back and he was awesome, but yeah this whole vip table setup outside was not for me. May go drink beer by the river and see if I can hear the show for free like with folk fest lolol