PDA

View Full Version : iMessage timestamp

Tik-Tok
06-06-2022, 04:52 PM
For those of you with iPhones, if someone sends a message, presumably in iMessage (maybe something else though), but they are out of a cell network area, will the message automatically resend when they come into network? And if so, will the send timestamp be the original time the person tried sending the message?

mr2mike
06-06-2022, 09:47 PM
Having girl problems? I feel bad for you, son.

shakalaka
06-06-2022, 10:33 PM
I believe the timestamp will be for when the receipt gets the message and not when the sender sends it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also this.

rage2
06-06-2022, 10:41 PM
If there’s no network it just fails immediately with a red !. If there’s weak network it tries for a few mins before it fails. Once it fails it won’t resend unless you click on it to try again.

Not sure about time stamp tho.

Brent.ff
06-06-2022, 10:50 PM
If there’s no network it just fails immediately with a red !. If there’s weak network it tries for a few mins before it fails. Once it fails it won’t resend unless you click on it to try again.

Not sure about time stamp tho.

Have definitely had responses from messages that say undeliverable and red ! on occasion. Typically photos

Tik-Tok
06-07-2022, 07:53 AM

Kind of. Dayhome owner problems. She was apparently closed yesterday due to illness, and NONE of the parents got the message she allegedly sent at 8:30am, until after 2:30pm, even though the stamp says 8:30.

Meanwhile my wife saw her loading up her car with camping gear on Friday afternoon...

SJW
06-07-2022, 08:03 AM
Kind of. Dayhome owner problems. She was apparently closed yesterday due to illness, and NONE of the parents got the message she allegedly sent at 8:30am, until after 2:30pm, even though the stamp says 8:30.

Meanwhile my wife saw her loading up her car with camping gear on Friday afternoon...

Time to shop around.

Tik-Tok
06-07-2022, 08:13 AM
Time to shop around.

I know, I'm just trying to make sense of how it happened. If it was just my wife who didn't see the message, I could understand it, but literally none of the parents got it until the school started calling us because all our kids weren't being picked up.

schurchill39
06-07-2022, 08:37 AM
You could test it out. Make a small home made faraday cage and throw your phone in it for half an hour after you try send a message. Take it out and and see what time the recipient got it

Swank
06-07-2022, 09:35 AM
You could test it out. Make a small home made faraday cage and throw your phone in it for half an hour after you try send a message. Take it out and and see what time the recipient got it

Or put your phone in airplane mode, not as cool though.

flipstah
06-07-2022, 09:43 AM
Sometimes it re-sends as a text message. Or is that different?

you&me
06-07-2022, 10:16 AM
I know, I'm just trying to make sense of how it happened. If it was just my wife who didn't see the message, I could understand it, but literally none of the parents got it until the school started calling us because all our kids weren't being picked up.

That's still horse shit, since she wasn't letting parents know until 8:30 AM that they wouldn't have child care that afternoon. Fuck. It's not like it's her job... oh, wait :banghead:

mr2mike
06-07-2022, 12:07 PM
On Android.

Google messages app. I've had it where it says cannot send message. But then allows for a "switch to sms" to resend option. Or you can look at settings and adjust.

I think this might be a, "please text to confirm" part. Then no reply, call people. Can't be that many people at that day home.