PDA

View Full Version : Sick of Krispy Kreme?

XylathaneGTR
04-03-2004, 11:32 PM
Is anyone else fucking, sick and tired of hearing about Krispy Kreme every 3 and a half seconds?
Like, for the past week, thats all i've heard about, Krispy Kreme this, Good donuts that.

Sorry for the useless thread, i just had to vent, and was wondering if theres anyone else that gets angry at the mention of donuts...
Like, fuck, all over the news/radio, songs about it on the radio, everyones all hyped up over them...like, shit, they're just donuts, and people are getting there at 4 in the morning to wait in line...
Blah

turbo_equiped
04-03-2004, 11:33 PM
yea man..
even though i havent even gone there yet..!!
its getting so dumb!

Ben
04-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Fuck, I was tired of hearing about it way before they even opened up.
but, such is life hey?

kaput
04-03-2004, 11:45 PM

C4S
04-03-2004, 11:47 PM
I still don't know where they r ?

in Calgary ? If there is one in calgary .. I wanna go try ! :D

civic_stylez
04-03-2004, 11:59 PM
to me... krispy kreme sounds gross anyways... i picture a krispy kreme being one of those nasty zits that have the white shit in it... " oh sick man you have a krispy kreme growing on your face!!!" thats my useless opinion.. and tim hortons is already at war with them they had them booted out of the saddldome the other night.....:drama:

XylathaneGTR
04-04-2004, 12:14 AM
Theres one located in Sunridge, and i think they're building other locations.

They even have "Security Guards" on hand incase anyone gets all hot and bothered about donuts!

BebeAphrodite
04-04-2004, 12:37 AM
MmmMMM, KRISPY KREME!!!:clap:

Redlyne_mr2
04-04-2004, 12:43 AM
If youre so sick of KK why did you start another thread about them? Why didnt you just post your opinion in one of the numerous KK threads floating around Beyond?:rofl: Now because of you there's one more KK thread on Beyond:thumbsup: ;)

KoukiS14
04-04-2004, 01:29 AM
KK can go to hell :zzz:

For those who cant get enough of it, you're all Sheep Baaaaaa ;)

roopi
04-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by NismoS14
you're all Sheep Baaaaaa ;)

Can't hardly wait! :thumbsup:

finboy
04-04-2004, 02:25 AM
no good, timmies is WAY better.

davidI
04-04-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by finboy

:thumbsup:

Ben
04-04-2004, 03:08 AM
Besides, I'd far rather support a Canadian Ccompany that helps sick kids than an American Company any day.

buh_buh
04-04-2004, 03:10 AM
I think KK is pretty good, but not as good as its hyped up to be. They are definately better than Timmy's, but eating one probably took away 2 years of my life and clogged my arteries.

googe
04-04-2004, 10:42 AM
tims donuts dont compare :D

SoSlowDx
04-04-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
If youre so sick of KK why did you start another thread about them? Why didnt you just post your opinion in one of the numerous KK threads floating around Beyond?:rofl: Now because of you there's one more KK thread on Beyond:thumbsup: ;)

Originally posted by finboy

Originally posted by Ben
Besides, I'd far rather support a Canadian Ccompany that helps sick kids than an American Company any day.

:werd:

Strider
04-04-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Ben

wasn't Tim Hortons bought out by the Wendys?

Moonracer
04-04-2004, 11:20 AM
I'm sick of hearing about it too. My g/f made me go last night....lol And when I saw all that sugery glaze being poored on the donuts I felt like :barf:ing Anyway I had a couple....woopty freakin doooo.

illeagle
04-04-2004, 11:24 AM
I just don't like the line up... my dad ate 14 glazed in one sitting!!:eek: munchies are a bad thing.....

Marsh
04-04-2004, 01:00 PM
yeah man so friggin sick of hearing about krispy kreme,,,their stupid donuts, get a life people

403Gemini
04-04-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Ben

i hear that :thumbsup: :werd:

EK 2.0
04-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by illeagle
I just don't like the line up... my dad ate 14 glazed in one sitting!!:eek: munchies are a bad thing.....

Your Pops had the munchies??...Sure buddy...:D

*picking up the phone to call Crimestoppers drug tip-off line*...Kidding Bro...

XylathaneGTR
04-04-2004, 09:36 PM
haha, Yeah, Redlyne, i thought aobut that...but...oh well.
Anyways, yeah, a buddy of mine went last night, and at 1 in the morning, there was a 40 car line up.
Another guy was at the drive thorugh and they asked "How many dozens would you like?" hahaha

KELSTAR
04-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Found these "nutritional facts" on kk website.. Does anyone else think these numbers for an original glazed seem kind of low??

Nutrition Facts

Per 1 doughnut (52 g)

Amount % Daily Value

Calories / Calories 200
Fat / Lipides 12 g 18 %
35 % Saturated / saturés 3 g
+ Trans / trans 4 g
Cholesterol / Cholestérol 5 mg
Sodium / Sodium 95 mg 4 %
Carbohydrate / Glucides 22 g 7 %
Fibre / Fibres 1 g 4 %
Sugars / Sucres 10 g
Protein / Protéines 2 g
Vitamin A / Vitamine A 0 %
Vitamin C / Vitamine C 2 %
Calcium / Calcium 6 %
Iron / Fer 6 %

izzoblitzo
04-04-2004, 10:08 PM
isnt the original glaze supposed to be more fattening then two big macs?

kenny
04-04-2004, 10:09 PM
I don't even know why people compare Timmy's donuts to Krispy Kreme.

Quick Lesson of the day:

Timmy's for soup & sandwich
KK for donuts!

End of lesson. :D

lam-boy
04-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by kenny

Quick Lesson of the day:

KK for donuts!

:werd: AND CHILLI BREAD BOWL!

finboy
04-05-2004, 12:52 AM

Quick Lesson of the day:

KK for donuts!

hell no, KK is GROSS man, i almost puked after 4, i can usually pack away 6-7 timmies before i even slow down.

timmies ownz all

Benny
04-05-2004, 01:24 AM
I havn't even been and probably won't go for a month or so. I sure as hell ain't waiting half an hour for some damn donuts.

accordboi_02
04-05-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Strider

wasn't Tim Hortons bought out by the Wendys?

Yep, you're right, so Tim Hortons is no longer a Canadian company - it's only Canadian in name now.

CalgaryB5
04-05-2004, 01:36 AM
If everyone hookup with KK. They will look like......:eek:

http://www.glossynews.com/artman/uploads/krispy_kreme_bbw.jpg :barf:

Me...Me.....

Kobe
04-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
MmmMMM, KRISPY KREME!!!:clap:

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: There MMMMMM

rage2
04-05-2004, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Benny
I havn't even been and probably won't go for a month or so. I sure as hell ain't waiting half an hour for some damn donuts.
What lineup? :dunno:

I went thru the drive thru this morning to buy some KK for work, I was the only one in line. Took a whopping 40 seconds to pickup 2 dozen.

C4S
04-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
Theres one located in Sunridge, and i think they're building other locations.

WHat ? Sunridge ? near costco ? NE ? wow .. that is so far ! that is why .. I know nothing about it ! :(

E36M3
04-05-2004, 04:53 PM
They are both publicly traded companies that are mostly American owned, and both help kids, so I think that is a lame excuse.

But, if you want to continue to enjoy the crap that spews out of Tims, be my guest.

Originally posted by Ben

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-05-2004, 04:56 PM

Quick Lesson of the day:

and coffee.

KK's coffee was brutal. :eek:

ninjak84
04-05-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by kaput
they don't really 'melt' in your mouth so much as they dissolve from all the sugar.

omg someone cracked the code!!!
krispy kreme uses so much sugar. but i don't think that's any reason to not eat there. in comparison, a chocolate bar and a coke is 10x worse for your body than a couple sugar donuts.

illeagle
04-05-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

Your Pops had the munchies??...Sure buddy...:D

*picking up the phone to call Crimestoppers drug tip-off line*...Kidding Bro...

I know where you sleep... j/k And yah, my dad had the munchies.. how else can you eat 14 donuts?:barf:

sti_power
04-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I haven't tryed krispy kream yet but Ireally want to! but ya all the shit about it is getting annoying and all the fat fags waiting in line? like come on there doughnuts I rather go to timmys untill the hype dyes dow nthen go try them out!:thumbsup: :drama:

Strider
04-05-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by C4S

WHat ? Sunridge ? near costco ? NE ? wow .. that is so far ! that is why .. I know nothing about it ! :(

south parking lot of sunridge, kinda by the cheesecake cafe

Tim hortons coffee is no good either... their version of a cafe mocha is half hot chocolate, half coffee :barf: :barf:

rage2
04-05-2004, 08:34 PM
It's where the old Chi Chi's used to be... if you're old enough to remember that :).

OK an easier way to see this...

| | <- c train
| |
Shell | | Superstore
--------| |-------------

--------| |-------------
Condos | | Krispy Kreme
| |
| | <- C train

EK 2.0
04-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Wow Rage are you moonlighting over at Mapquest??...lol

BigMass
04-06-2004, 09:40 PM
Tims has good coffee and sandwiches but their donuts suck ass. They just warm up frozen donuts, not fresh like KK. KK donuts are far superior but that's all the KK has going for them. Tims is good because they have more then just donuts. If they made their donuts fresh i dont think they would have a problem with KK competing

GingeRRRBeef
04-16-2004, 12:27 AM
I just bought some KKs and I must say ... i don't find them all that hype :thumbsdow ... it's got WAY too much sugar ... honestly i prefer Tim Horton's ... and anybody that find donuts soooo euphoric really needs to get a life

I will probably never buy another donut from there again.

sputnik
04-16-2004, 07:21 AM
tim hortons...

- frozen donuts that arent made fresh anymore
- sandwiches have hard dry bread
- salty chili
- now an american company
- i dont drink coffee

Overall their quality has dropped DRAMATICALLY... to the point where i would rather buy donuts at Sobeys... so KK is a welcome arrival. Its good to see companies that are concerned about the quality of their food and not just milking their "loyal" customers.

KK bought out a couple american sandwich chains last year and are going to start having more of a cafe menu soon.

googe
04-16-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
tim hortons...

- frozen donuts that arent made fresh anymore
- sandwiches have hard dry bread
- salty chili
- now an american company
- i dont drink coffee

Overall their quality has dropped DRAMATICALLY... to the point where i would rather buy donuts at Sobeys... so KK is a welcome arrival. Its good to see companies that are concerned about the quality of their food and not just milking their &quot;loyal&quot; customers.

KK bought out a couple american sandwich chains last year and are going to start having more of a cafe menu soon.

another

-their brown bread is white, and white bread is whiter

962 kid
04-16-2004, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

- salty chili

the last chili we got there had the consistiency of their chicken noodle soup

roopi
04-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by googe

another

-their brown bread is white, and white bread is whiter

nobody likes cracka ass bread :rofl:

hjr
04-16-2004, 03:06 PM
krispy kreme tastes like semen. kinda sweet n sour but salty too.

1badPT
04-16-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by hjr
krispy kreme tastes like semen. kinda sweet n sour but salty too.

owned in every forum!!

pinoyhero
04-16-2004, 04:53 PM
Man I can't believe a guy can get so bent out of shape over things like that, who cares guy. Beside they are good, hehe.

XylathaneGTR
04-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Meh, i had one that had been sitting in a plastic bag in the sun for 6 hours in my friends car...
And i have to say... it wasn't half bad.

btw, Cracka Ass Bread = good.

rage2
04-18-2004, 04:46 PM
You know what I'm sick of? The frickin' lineups in the daytime haha. Man, I stopped by twice picking up the wife from work, the the lineups are horrible! I can't get my KK fix till she works the next night shift! :rofl:

buh_buh
04-18-2004, 05:10 PM
i went at around midnight like a week or so ago and I had to wait 20 minutes in line still:eek:

Ben
04-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
and anybody that find donuts soooo euphoric really needs to get a life

Well said.