PDA

View Full Version : VW Appoints Porsche CEO to Succeed Diess After Tumultuous Tenure

ganesh
07-22-2022, 11:02 AM
I wonder how this will affect Porsche's entry to F1 ?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-07-22/vw-ceo-diess-to-leave-post-porsche-s-blume-named-successor

Buster
07-22-2022, 11:24 AM
Wait, Porsches are just fancy VWs?

AND LAMBORGHINIS TOO?!

what the fuck is going on!

The_Penguin
07-22-2022, 12:53 PM
Wait, Porsches are just fancy VWs?

And some VWs are cheaper Audis. Welcome to German cars.

Buster
07-22-2022, 01:01 PM
And some VWs are cheaper Audis. Welcome to German cars.

I remember making fun of the US car companies for being brand engineering whores. No it's the Europeans that are the worst.

Inzane
07-22-2022, 04:32 PM
I remember making fun of the US car companies for being brand engineering whores. No it's the Europeans that are the worst.

Nah, you can’t beat GM pushing the same outdated platform across 5-6 brands for 15-20 years.
3800 v6 check, 4 speed auto check, delco stereo check, couch soft seats and suspension check, etc.

danno
07-22-2022, 05:41 PM
Seems to work for Toyota.

davidI
07-22-2022, 09:37 PM

Seat, Skoda, and VW all make the same type of vehicle on the same platforms with the same engines but different build/material quality, technology, luxury, etc.

While vehicle shopping here I actually quite liked it once I understood it since you can basically determine the vehicle style / engine you want and then just decide on the body style you prefer based on their basic, moderate, or luxury kit (not that VW is "luxury" per se but they're pretty solid vehicles).