PDA

View Full Version : Weeping Tiles

TimG
07-26-2022, 02:29 PM
Hi All,

looking to have one of my basement windows enlarged to meet egress. this involves a core cut and installing a window well in front of the new opening.

is there an easy way to tell if the house has an existing weeping tile? The house was built in the late 90s and has no sump pump.

Misterman
07-26-2022, 08:17 PM
Hi All,

looking to have one of my basement windows enlarged to meet egress. this involves a core cut and installing a window well in front of the new opening.

is there an easy way to tell if the house has an existing weeping tile? The house was built in the late 90s and has no sump pump.

Can bust out a shovel and start digging.

Not sure on your specific situation, but I had to change windows for the purpose of egress as well. I was able to just change to a one piece hinged window, instead of half pane sliders, and my existing window framing was big enough to accommodate the legal requirement. I was worried I would have to cut out bigger openings as well. Maybe worth thinking about for your project.

ExtraSlow
07-26-2022, 08:31 PM
I went to the expense of having a window enlarged for egress when I did my basement into a nanny suite. Recall it was a significant extra cost. Fucking bullshit because I never had a live-in nanny. I guess that one kid of mine sleeps down there now, but kids are little...

TomcoPDR
07-26-2022, 08:33 PM
Should had kept it the art room

ExtraSlow
07-26-2022, 08:36 PM
Art is life, so does that make the living room the art room? Tune in tomorrow for more ExtraSlow Thoughts {tm}.