PDA

View Full Version : Reduction in photo radar tickets

jabjab
08-02-2022, 04:44 PM
Has anyone successfully got a photoradar ticket fine reduced lately? I was reading that there are no more people at the courts where you just ask them for a reduction

colsankey
08-02-2022, 07:36 PM
Didn’t they take that all online in an effort to duck the public, I mean reduce costs and court times?

jabjab
08-02-2022, 08:52 PM
Didn’t they take that all online in an effort to duck the public, I mean reduce costs and court times?

I know a friend was able to fight a ticket he got pulled over for online but reading mixed things on photo radar

JoniBoy
08-03-2022, 08:19 AM
The best way to get a reduction now on photo radar is to plead "not guilty" as per the options on the ticket. You will be given a date and time for trial, and when you show up they usually always offer a reduction just before trial to save court time.

It comes down to how much you expect the ticket to be reduced (can pm me what you have and I can give you an estimate) vs what your time is worth (you can expect to spend 30-45 minutes inside the courthouse).

heavyD
08-04-2022, 12:43 PM
The traffic courts are backed up years right now. If you are low on cash now just plead not guilty and it will be 1.5-2 years before you have your day in court which gives you plenty of time to save in the case you have to pay in full.

Disoblige
08-04-2022, 12:51 PM
The traffic courts are backed up years right now. If you are low on cash now just plead not guilty and it will be 1.5-2 years before you have your day in court which gives you plenty of time to save in the case you have to pay in full.
That is from CCC right? I wonder about Airdrie... hmm..

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-04-2022, 02:43 PM
That is from CCC right? I wonder about Airdrie... hmm..

I got a ticket in Airdrie and a ticket in Calgary within one month in August 2020. Airdrie one was reduced over phone by October 2020, the ticket in Calgary has been delayed in court three times so far and is next scheduled for December 2023. Take that how you will.

zechs
08-05-2022, 10:04 AM
Aren't cases thrown out if they can't be handled within a reasonable time frame? And I thought the courts determined reasonable to be 2 years?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-05-2022, 10:08 AM
Aren't cases thrown out if they can't be handled within a reasonable time frame? And I thought the courts determined reasonable to be 2 years?

That’s my hope. It’s been over two years as of next week.

16hypen3sp
08-05-2022, 10:32 AM
It’s been over two years as of next week.

That is just insane. Holy fuck.

cyra1ax
08-05-2022, 11:03 AM
Buddy in Airdrie had his ticket from two years ago thrown out last week cause the cop didn't show up.

max_boost
08-05-2022, 11:27 AM
That’s my hope. It’s been over two years as of next week.
Should be automatically thrown out after 2 years haha

- - - Updated - - -

Buddy in Airdrie had his ticket from two years ago thrown out last week cause the cop didn't show up.

Niiice

mr2mike
08-05-2022, 07:00 PM

Low chance. They are paid to show up. Rumor is time and a half.