PDA

View Full Version : FBI raids Trump

ZenOps
08-08-2022, 06:27 PM
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62472908

Misterman
08-13-2022, 08:34 PM
Gotta start rigging that 2024 election early.

Xtrema
08-14-2022, 07:33 AM
Gotta start rigging that 2024 election early.

So there's some merit?

ZenOps
08-17-2022, 01:27 PM
Trump may have done the one thing that you can't get away with. Shuffling Nuke lar secrets.

Misterman
08-17-2022, 06:54 PM
Trump may have done the one thing that you can't get away with. Shuffling Nuke lar secrets.

Might want to lower your CNN dosage

DonJuan
08-18-2022, 09:00 AM
Fox news reporting TS/SCI info seized.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-seizes-privileged-trump-records-during-raid-doj-opposes-request-independent-review-sources

If you only get your news from OAN check that cesspool yourself.

Misterman
08-18-2022, 07:43 PM
Fox news reporting TS/SCI info seized.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fbi-seizes-privileged-trump-records-during-raid-doj-opposes-request-independent-review-sources

If you only get your news from OAN check that cesspool yourself.

You realize that Top Secret does not equal Nuclear codes right?

Trump declassified anything he brought to his residence, which President has full authority to do. On top of that, DOJ/FBI has already reviewed everything he has, they recommended he put an extra lock on the door to the office where these things were being kept, to which Trump team obliged.

This all seems like it is another silly plan like the Russia hoax to take the wind out of Trumps sails. I assume we will see some bogus criminal charges get laid right around the start of 2024 election campaign.

ZenOps
08-19-2022, 05:34 AM
Trump has authority to launch nukes, he does not have the authority to take plans to build nukes.

When he shook hands with Kim Jong it was the correct move. North Korea and the USA are very much the same in many ways, nukes included.

DonJuan
08-19-2022, 08:29 AM
I didn't say TS=Nuclear codes, I simply offered an alternate news source with alternate spin. That was all.

Trump declassified anything he brought to his residence, which President has full authority to do.

Ex President Nixon walked that back, no, RAN that back REALLY fast after he said it. :D

Pauly Boy
08-19-2022, 04:05 PM
Trump declassified anything he brought to his residence, which President has full authority to do. On top of that, DOJ/FBI has already reviewed everything he has, they recommended he put an extra lock on the door to the office where these things were being kept, to which Trump team obliged.

This all seems like it is another silly plan like the Russia hoax to take the wind out of Trumps sails. I assume we will see some bogus criminal charges get laid right around the start of 2024 election campaign.

This doesn't change that fact the man is an idiot and there are literally 1000s of other qualified individuals the Republicans should be pushing to lead their party and the country.

oster
08-19-2022, 04:20 PM
This doesn't change that fact the man is an idiot and there are literally 1000s of other qualified individuals the Republicans should be pushing to lead their party and the country.

that would receive the votes?

redline
08-19-2022, 05:32 PM
that would receive the votes?

I think blue shirts have proven they will vote for any pile of shit in blue , be it named Trump, Cruz, MTG, the list goes on.

And to declassify documents there is procedure to follow and poop tweeting , i declassified docs today does not count

Misterman
08-19-2022, 07:02 PM

Yeah you can say the same about the current ex-vice president, and any potential Democrat candidate as well. What does it have to do with this situation?

Misterman
08-19-2022, 07:06 PM
And to declassify documents there is procedure to follow and poop tweeting , i declassified docs today does not count

There likely is a way to do it formally, but it does seem clear the President has full authority to declassify whatever he sees fit. But yeah, I'd guess this is going to be the angle for charges, is trying to get a judge to read between the lines of the law.

The_Penguin
08-19-2022, 08:30 PM
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNnujULv/

Darkane
08-20-2022, 08:05 AM
I think blue shirts have proven they will vote for any pile of shit in blue , be it named Trump, Cruz, MTG, the list goes on.

Blue is Canada.

They’re red in the states.

Tik-Tok
08-20-2022, 08:26 AM
Blue is Canada.

They’re red in the states.

But he's still not wrong.

Darkane
08-20-2022, 08:38 AM
But he's still not wrong.

You’re right. Lol.

Xtrema
08-21-2022, 10:32 PM

I think this week's guest on Rational Reminder say it best.

There is no amount of fact checker will convert anyone from their entrenched position. The more we politicise everything, the worse it gets.

And while social media is shining light to fight authoritarian governments, it's destroying institutions in established democracy that make it way harder to function as a democracy as people are no longer voting on proper data.

zechs
08-22-2022, 08:18 AM

Weaponized DOJ and FBI.

I don't think Democrats have realized what will happen to the federal government and how Trump will fundamentally alter it if he gets in and has majorities in the house and senate.

Like Democrats, you know Trump can do everything you are doing to him right??? And if what you do doesn't stick to him, you just incentivize his base. I predict some of the highest voter turnout ever.

T-Dubbs
08-22-2022, 01:30 PM
Fox news says the raid was 100% legal!

"You cannot remove properly marked classified documents and place them in a location not authorized for retention of classified documents."

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trump-mar-a-lago-search-justified.amp

DonJuan
08-22-2022, 01:45 PM

"You cannot remove properly marked classified documents and place them in a location not authorized for retention of classified documents."

This unfairly assumes he can read. #loophole #everyone I know is in prison

The Cosworth
08-22-2022, 04:17 PM
IMO you can tell by his tweets he knew he was fucked.

- I did nothing wrong
- They planted evidence.
- Whatever they said they found, I declassified it.
- Obama did the same, what about him.

Someone needs to take his phone away for a bit so he doesn't say more shit. But...... really.

SKR
08-22-2022, 06:19 PM
I thought the swamp was supposed to be drained. Whatever happened to that?

killramos
08-23-2022, 07:22 AM

Old man trump got soft and left some bog people behind.

jutes
08-23-2022, 07:40 AM
Enough of these senile old white men in politics. Need to cap running for office at 60 or something.

redline
08-23-2022, 06:40 PM

He did drain the swamp and in typical US fashion he filled it up with toxic waste

DonJuan
08-24-2022, 08:41 AM
Draining swamps is a climate emergency. So by expanding the swamp and adding swamp monsters, Trump is a hero.

Misterman
08-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Weaponized DOJ and FBI.

I don't think Democrats have realized what will happen to the federal government and how Trump will fundamentally alter it if he gets in and has majorities in the house and senate.

Like Democrats, you know Trump can do everything you are doing to him right??? And if what you do doesn't stick to him, you just incentivize his base. I predict some of the highest voter turnout ever.

I don't think Dems are that stupid that they don't know they're simply rallying more voters to swing to Trump. I just assume they have another giant fraud campaign in the works akin to the Russia stuff. If they're successful this time, Trump just won't be able to run for office, so it won't matter how many voters they rallied for him.

Misterman
08-25-2022, 07:21 PM

Except that DOJ had already reviewed what he was holding on to. Recommended he simply put an extra lock on the door to the storage. To which Trump complied. Trump team has been cooperating the whole time, and then BAM, FBI raid.

So what is really going on? Did DOJ or FBI just not review the documents thoroughly enough the first time, and now realized Trump has something he shouldn't? And if so, why not just request it back since he has been complying the whole time to this point? Or is the crew that has a track record of making up fake shit and committing fraud, just following their usual playbook? Have to wait for more information to know for sure I suppose.