PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan Manhunt

Pages : [1] 2

dirtsniffer
09-04-2022, 03:05 PM
You probably saw the emergency alert, but there is two men wanted in Saskatchewan for killing (with knives) what sounds like 10 people and injuring dozens more.

ExtraSlow
09-04-2022, 03:19 PM
Glad my alerts are silent.

vengie
09-04-2022, 03:28 PM
#banknives

SKR
09-04-2022, 03:32 PM
#banknives

Bank nives?

gwill
09-04-2022, 04:02 PM
sounds like 10 dead. 15 Injured so far. I'm going to guess that goes higher. How Long until our govt bans knives? Maybe a knife registry would help. Better yet a knife buy back program to make our world safer.

killramos
09-04-2022, 04:14 PM
I wonder how many times these guys have been let out on parole or bail prior to this

dirtsniffer
09-04-2022, 04:26 PM
10 dead and 15 injured so far
Looks like mugshots available for both people wanted
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/saskatchewan-rcmp-dangerous-persons-alert-stabbings-1.6572464

ZenOps
09-04-2022, 05:07 PM
Qualifies as a mass killing, with knives. Qualifies as even worse than AR-15 toting USA, just on difficulty points.

jutes
09-04-2022, 05:17 PM
Reddit Regina hiding in their basements, so nothing has changed on that front.

ThePenIsMightier
09-04-2022, 06:24 PM
Did I not reconcile enough?...
Fuck. I'm always forgetting to do that.

Tik-Tok
09-04-2022, 07:06 PM
Did I not reconcile enough?...
Fuck. I'm always forgetting to do that.

You don't need to reconcile for almost another month.

zechs
09-04-2022, 08:44 PM
sounds like 10 dead. 15 Injured so far. I'm going to guess that goes higher. How Long until our govt bans knives? Maybe a knife registry would help. Better yet a knife buy back program to make our world safer.

Over a certain length of knife being carried on a person is illegal in Canada I'm pretty sure.

So while I know you're kidding, we aren't that far off already.

Would also like to point out this is one of the worst mass casualty events in the past how many decades? All done by knives and two guys.

killramos
09-05-2022, 08:09 AM
So how’s this going?

RCMP strike again?

suntan
09-05-2022, 08:25 AM
So how’s this going?

RCMP strike again?

They’re checking all the Tim Horton’s as fast as they can.

killramos
09-05-2022, 08:36 AM
I just need to know what kind of AR15 they stabbed all those people with.

ExtraSlow
09-05-2022, 08:54 AM
We are good at convening, that should help

tirebob
09-05-2022, 09:05 AM
Over a certain length of knife being carried on a person is illegal in Canada I'm pretty sure.

Nope... No law about the length of knife allowed to be carried, but there are vague laws about the reason for carrying a knife that can be broadly applied as required such as not needing to carry a machete as a tool for cutting open envelopes in a crowded office building, but if you were carrying it to hack through tall weeds in the bush, then totally legal...

vengie
09-05-2022, 09:52 AM
Hell of a way to protest lack of clean drinking water.

zechs
09-05-2022, 11:33 AM
Nope... No law about the length of knife allowed to be carried,

Interesting, I did some more reading and you are indeed correct.

Q - Do you sell Butterfly knives?
A - We do not sell butterfly knives, push daggers, brass knuckles or switchblades. All of these items are prohibited under Canadian law, SO DON'T ASK!!!

Q - What is the maximum blades size one is allowed to carry in Canada?
A - There is no specific blade size restriction for carry in Canadian law. However, the larger the size of the blade, the more difficult it would be to identify it as a tool for everyday use. For example; if you are hunting, then a large fixed blade knife on your side is generally acceptable. However, carrying the same large fixed blade knife on your side while walking downtown in a major city would be a different matter. If you have specific questions please contact your local law enforcement agency.

Q - What are the legalities of owning swords or knives in Canada?
A - Knives are classified as either tools, or prohibited by design, the latter of which would include, but is not limited to: butterfly knives (balisongs), switch blades/automatic opening knives, push/punch daggers, knives with ‘brass knuckles’. If a knife is not prohibited by design, then the same rules apply to it as do to hammers, axes, screw drivers and so on. It is perfectly legal to own knives and swords that are not prohibited by design in Canada, so long as your purpose for purchasing and/or carrying it is to use it as a tool. Remember, Canadian law does not allow you to carry a knife for the purpose of "self defense". Carrying a knife for the purpose of "self defense" would identify your knife as a weapon, which is not permitted. Some places that do not allow you to carry a knife at all for any reason are airports, court rooms and some other government buildings, as well as businesses that serve alcohol.

Sentry
09-05-2022, 11:47 AM
I just need to know what kind of AR15 they stabbed all those people with.
Must have been a Glock

ExtraSlow
09-05-2022, 12:16 PM
So they've been looking for this bastard since May?
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6572876

Yep RCMP is a model of effectiveness.

killramos
09-05-2022, 12:19 PM
I wonder how many times these guys have been let out on parole or bail prior to this

Classic

Saskatoon police confirm that they've been searching for James Smith Cree Nation suspect Myles Sanderson since May.

That's when the 30-year-old stopped meeting with his parole officer and was classified as "unlawfully at large."

Sanderson had been serving a nearly five-year federal sentence for assault, robbery, mischief and uttering threats. He made parole, and then disappeared.

Yolobimmer
09-05-2022, 12:30 PM
Classic

So if some farmer shoots these assholes too, will they put him through the ringer like they did to Stanley?

gwill
09-05-2022, 12:43 PM
So if some farmer shoots these assholes too, will they put him through the ringer like they did to Stanley?

Stanley deserved to be arrested. Can't compare these 2 cases... if anything I'd compare these whack jobs to the mass shooting in the maritimes a few years ago.

JRSC00LUDE
09-05-2022, 01:04 PM
Stanley deserved to be arrested. Can't compare these 2 cases... if anything I'd compare these whack jobs to the mass shooting in the maritimes a few years ago.

Just judging from your response, I can see that dimmer has delved into a yet another level of complete stupidity. Stop entertaining his posts

gwill
09-05-2022, 01:48 PM
Just judging from your response, I can see that dimmer has delved into a yet another level of complete stupidity. Stop entertaining his posts

hah good call. Didn't realize.

mr2mike
09-05-2022, 03:11 PM
Press photos don't even match his current bio.

rage2
09-05-2022, 03:21 PM
Thanks emergency alert. We gonna get this shit daily now or what? Should I go out to manhunt these guys? Might as well do full Canada coverage at this point instead of ab and Manitoba?

killramos
09-05-2022, 03:21 PM
Dear Emergency Alert People.

Fuck you.

Especially now knowing this guy has been on the lamb for 4 months.

vengie
09-05-2022, 03:23 PM
"He's a nice boy and is just misunderstood! He's a valuable member of the community and would give you the shirt of his back" - Liberals probably

ThePenIsMightier
09-05-2022, 03:46 PM
"Does it seem like all these emergency alerts are always about one ethnic group?"
-You

"Because you are racist and an architect of the patriarchal hate machine that you systematically designed to punish persöns of colour!!¡!!"
-Liberal Party

Buster
09-05-2022, 03:48 PM
Dear Emergency Alert People.

Fuck you.

Especially now knowing this guy has been on the lamb for 4 months.

I'm at the football game and it was hilarious

Sentry
09-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Emergency alert! Hide your liquor!

JRSC00LUDE
09-05-2022, 04:01 PM
Saskatchewan RCMP have confirmed that one of the two suspects they are seeking in connection to a string of fatal stabbings has been found dead.

Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said that Damien Sanderson, 31, was found dead with wounds that did not appear to be self-inflicted.

Guess you can't trust your friends.

ThePenIsMightier
09-05-2022, 04:04 PM
Saskatchewan RCMP have confirmed that one of the two suspects they are seeking in connection to a string of fatal stabbings has been found dead.

Rhonda Blackmore, commanding officer of the Saskatchewan RCMP, said that Damien Sanderson, 31, was found dead with wounds that did not appear to be self-inflicted.

I don't trust this until the gubermint sends me a third eMErGeNcY aLeRt to inform me I'm only looking for one dude, now.

killramos
09-05-2022, 04:19 PM
Play stupid games?

Shlade
09-05-2022, 04:28 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.6572876

He'd just have an unlawfully at large warrant... Doesn't necessarily mean anybody is looking for him actively or dedicated to it unfortunately. You can thank the Legal system for that....

mr2mike
09-05-2022, 04:32 PM

So the 2nd alert is a tool to try and push the guy out of hiding or make a panic decision.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm at the football game and it was hilarious

Those F18's seemed louder over my house this year.

Sentry
09-05-2022, 04:35 PM
Oh thats why the flyby, I'm on 20ave so they screamed right overhead, it was great

suntan
09-05-2022, 04:53 PM
Meanwhile on CP, people are arming their alarms and not going outside.

Maxx Mazda
09-05-2022, 05:24 PM
Injuns gonna Injun?

JohnnyHockey13
09-05-2022, 05:30 PM
Injuns gonna Injun?

I'm actually really surprised they're Indigenous... this type of crime is usually a white guy's domain, just like pedophiles.

Buster
09-05-2022, 05:39 PM
"none of this would have happened if we had only done more racial segregation"

-kert

ianmcc
09-05-2022, 05:56 PM
One of the two has been found dead and COD was not due to self inflected.

ExtraSlow
09-05-2022, 05:57 PM
Nah, totally self inflicted.

rage2
09-05-2022, 06:11 PM
Meanwhile on CP, people are arming their alarms and not going outside.
Link? For the lols haha.

nismodrifter
09-05-2022, 06:30 PM
Link? For the lols haha.

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=189318&page=2

vengie
09-05-2022, 06:34 PM
Lol!
Imagine living your life in so much fear.

killramos
09-05-2022, 06:36 PM
Manwiches lol

Sounds legit

Buster
09-05-2022, 06:42 PM
CP is probably recommending masks to keep you safe from the knifers

ThePenIsMightier
09-05-2022, 06:51 PM
CP is probably recommending masks to keep you safe from the knifers

You ever met someone from Yellowknife? The guy I know from there refers to them as Knifers. LoL, right!

But he's white, so cultural appropriation.

FraserB
09-05-2022, 08:08 PM
Lol, wouldn’t surprise me to find out CP mandates three vaccines to even log in these days

jutes
09-05-2022, 08:19 PM

Do they even have the resources to devote someone full-time to look for certain people? It’s probably a case of ‘Keep an eye out for person X during your shift.”

vengie
09-05-2022, 08:25 PM
Simple solution: Stop letting shitty people out on bail repeatedly?

Novel idea I know...

Yolobimmer
09-05-2022, 08:27 PM

Fuck you dummy. What they had to be allowed to stab someone too on top of their dozen other crimespree?

Yeah, no thanks.

killramos
09-05-2022, 08:44 PM
Simple solution: Stop letting shitty people out on bail repeatedly?

Novel idea I know...

I am extremely supportive of putting way more, and keeping way more, people in jail. As a general statement.

One of the few functions of government spending I am fully supportive of expanding.

Yolobimmer
09-05-2022, 08:51 PM
I am extremely supportive of putting way more, and keeping way more, people in jail. As a general statement.

One of the few functions of government spending I am fully supportive of expanding.

We need labor camps for them instead of a carousel.

zechs
09-05-2022, 09:26 PM

When the man is right, he's right.

People screech about the USA being a prison state, dunno, seems like most of the people in jail I'm happy to see stay there.

ZenOps
09-06-2022, 06:28 AM
Yeah but where would you put them all? It would have to be significantly larger than Rikers island.

More like the size of Puerto Rico or Newfoundland, or roughly size of Taiwan. I mean, it could be done for sure - Britain made the entirety of Australia a penal colony afterall.

If Japan was the ancient penal colony of mainland China, then you could argue that eventually it will become a really big problem.

"According to a 2021 analysis by New York City Comptroller, it costs the city approximately $556,539 to detain one person for one year at Rikers Island" - Wikipedia

Sure, I'd like to see Rob Anders be thrown in jail, but realistically I'm not paying half a million to do it.

jutes
09-06-2022, 06:47 AM
Turn PEI into a jail, get the inmates to grow the pahtaytoes.

mr2mike
09-06-2022, 07:18 AM
When the man is right, he's right.

People screech about the USA being a prison state, dunno, seems like most of the people in jail I'm happy to see stay there.

Costs too much.
There's a better solution.

SJW
09-06-2022, 08:01 AM
Costs too much.
There's a better solution.

SSS

- Ralph Klein

Yolobimmer
09-06-2022, 09:07 AM
Yeah but where would you put them all? It would have to be significantly larger than Rikers island.

More like the size of Puerto Rico or Newfoundland, or roughly size of Taiwan. I mean, it could be done for sure - Britain made the entirety of Australia a penal colony afterall.

If Japan was the ancient penal colony of mainland China, then you could argue that eventually it will become a really big problem.

"According to a 2021 analysis by New York City Comptroller, it costs the city approximately $556,539 to detain one person for one year at Rikers Island" - Wikipedia

Sure, I'd like to see Rob Anders be thrown in jail, but realistically I'm not paying half a million to do it.

Labor camps so they contribute to society for once in their lives, instead of leaching from it.

nismodrifter
09-06-2022, 09:42 AM
SSS

- Ralph Klein

Lols. Quite surprised my brain didn't take even a second to decode that. RIP Ralph.

killramos
09-06-2022, 10:14 AM
SSS

- Ralph Klein

Underrated

Xtrema
09-06-2022, 10:28 AM
Thanks emergency alert. We gonna get this shit daily now or what? Should I go out to manhunt these guys? Might as well do full Canada coverage at this point instead of ab and Manitoba?

I guess we are all supposed to on the look out for a Black Nissan Rogue. I was in Chinook food court when the went off, it was fucking loud.

Kinda of sick that some indigenous is already playing the decedent of residential school card.

jutes
09-06-2022, 11:35 AM
Kinda of sick that some indigenous is already playing the decedent of residential school card.

It's in their DNA now, dontchaknow.

killramos
09-06-2022, 03:16 PM
https://globalnews.ca/news/9107920/saskatchewan-mass-killing-suspect-was-not-considered-a-risk-by-parole-board-report-shows/

Fucking amazing people with a record like this guys are allowed anywhere near a parole board.

Thanks Gladue

DonJuan
09-06-2022, 03:26 PM
In February 2021, he was transferred to a healing lodge. He was freed in August 2021 on statutory release."

Healing lodges work guy... trust me guy...

You can't go there though guy.

spike98
09-06-2022, 03:33 PM
In February 2021, he was transferred to a healing lodge. He was freed in August 2021 on statutory release."

Healing lodges work guy... trust me guy...

You can't go there though guy.

This is legit a thing. Indigenous people are afforded the right to a healing lodge as opposed to a traditional prison and the courts must exhaust all methods of rehabilitation before traditional punishment. This is why the guy that shot the tourist in the head out by morley got off.

littledan
09-06-2022, 04:32 PM
He had five more children...

Aaaaaaannnnnddddddd we're fucked.

DonJuan
09-06-2022, 05:32 PM
This is legit a thing. Indigenous people are afforded the right to a healing lodge as opposed to a traditional prison and the courts must exhaust all methods of rehabilitation before traditional punishment. This is why the guy that shot the tourist in the head out by morley got off.

The 2 tiered prison system we have is WILD

The_Penguin
09-06-2022, 05:43 PM
The parole board should do some time.

killramos
09-06-2022, 05:45 PM
It’s as if there is a fundamental deep entrenched flaw that characterizes and shapes the system that is beyond saving or something…

Buster
09-06-2022, 06:23 PM
It’s as if there is a fundamental deep entrenched flaw that characterizes and shapes the system that is beyond saving or something…

that you can have your own "country" within a country when it is convenient. Then when it is inconvenient, then it's a potluck.

dirtsniffer
09-06-2022, 06:54 PM
The liberals in this thread.... absolutely hilarious

schurchill39
09-06-2022, 08:23 PM
At the same time this was happening there was another alert of shots fired at a reserve by North Battleford, and a third one by Lloyd/Maidstone. Those two may have been related though. Today alone there were 10 vehicles stolen, the ones that were caught either ended up on the reserve or were indigenous.

Is there something about the Labour Day long weekend that makes them go all squirrely? Last year (or the year before) on that James Smith Cree Nation there was a murder on the long weekend as well.

Tik-Tok
09-06-2022, 08:25 PM
Is there something about the Labour Day long weekend that makes them go all squirrely?

The science teachers stop making meth for extra income until next June.

jutes
09-06-2022, 09:00 PM
At the same time this was happening there was another alert of shots fired at a reserve by North Battleford, and a third one by Lloyd/Maidstone. Those two may have been related though. Today alone there were 10 vehicles stolen, the ones that were caught either ended up on the reserve or were indigenous.

Is there something about the Labour Day long weekend that makes them go all squirrely? Last year (or the year before) on that James Smith Cree Nation there was a murder on the long weekend as well.

The start of the residential school year.

What can we ban next to prevent this, drug and alcohol sales to indigenous?

Sentry
09-06-2022, 10:17 PM
The start of the residential school year.

What can we ban next to prevent this, drug and alcohol sales to indigenous?

Tax whitey harder for more healing lodges

Toilet_X
09-07-2022, 08:26 AM
Glad my alerts are silent.

Good. You'll never see me comin'. Hyeh hyeh.

DanielPlainview
09-07-2022, 02:11 PM
Cant agree with you enough. What a disaster. The "healing lodge"

DonJuan
09-07-2022, 02:18 PM
*unpopular opinion*
MAYBE the parole board's hands were tied as his last stint was in the "healing lodge".
Therefore they were forced to rule that he was able to re-enter society (regardless of what they actually thought) as if they ruled otherwise the effectiveness of the rehabilitation at the "healing lodge" could be questioned.

I'm assuming the gov't also doesn't have oversight into these areas of FN affairs.

Doozer
09-07-2022, 02:32 PM
The parole board's hands WERE tied, but nothing to do with the healing lodge. I'm not commenting on the lodge, but it might help to hear what statutory release actually is.

The law requires that federal offenders who have served two-thirds of a fixed-length sentence be released from prison under supervision at that point. This is called "statutory release".

I'm not going to debate whether the staggered release into "supervision" and then "full release" is better or worse than just a "full release".

But what's clear is that under federal law, which has been in place for ages, the parole board had no choice since 2/3 of his sentence was up. That means he goes into stat release, period.

spike98
09-07-2022, 02:59 PM
snip.... That means he goes into stat release, period.

Yes, with conditions. Conditions that were breached and he was unlawfully at large with no one doing anything about it.

Doozer
09-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Yes, with conditions. Conditions that were breached and he was unlawfully at large with no one doing anything about it.

Yep, quite possibly. My only point was that this release had really nothing to do with any decisions by the parole board, from what I understand.

Shlade
09-07-2022, 04:01 PM
Laws in this country, and lack of prisons bring on this issue. I wish we had privatized prisons that received govt funding like the good ole USA has. Keep scum bags like this locked up for a lot fucking longer.

Edit: they found the fuck face
https://globalnews.ca/news/9112699/dnp-myles-sanderson-captured-near-rosthern-sask/

gwill
09-07-2022, 04:09 PM
new stabbing spree in North edmonton... 1 dead. 2 injured. Guy still on the loose.

killramos
09-07-2022, 04:11 PM
I don’t understand. I thought banning AR15’s was going to solve this?

dj_rice
09-07-2022, 04:12 PM
Unrelated to the Sask one but yay another stabbing spree in Edmonton.

1 dead, 2 injured in north Edmonton where people told to shelter in place

https://globalnews.ca/news/9112681/north-edmonton-stabbing-dangerous-person/?utm_medium=Twitter&utm_source=%40GlobalEdmonton

tirebob
09-07-2022, 04:13 PM
I don’t understand. I thought banning AR15’s was going to solve this?No no... Not far enough. We need to ban knives now too. That will stop everything.

killramos
09-07-2022, 04:18 PM
Ads at the bottom of the article are dank tho

gwill
09-07-2022, 04:22 PM
the guy in edmonton doesn't seem to be indigenous.... this will certainly disappoint many.

ExtraSlow
09-07-2022, 04:36 PM
Cultural apppropriation.

killramos
09-07-2022, 04:41 PM
the guy in edmonton doesn't seem to be indigenous.... this will certainly disappoint many.

That’s true. Now the bands can’t stick their hands out and blame lack of funding.

killramos
09-07-2022, 05:27 PM
Sounds like buddy has been apprehended.

Yolobimmer
09-07-2022, 05:44 PM
Cultural apppropriation.

Too soon??

Nah. haha

mr2mike
09-07-2022, 05:52 PM
Back to heal at the lodge, you go!

Inzane
09-07-2022, 05:55 PM
Ads at the bottom of the article are dank tho

That cremation ad. :rofl:

ThePenIsMightier
09-07-2022, 06:19 PM
I thought we defundeded the police... How has this happened?