PDA

View Full Version : Non stop spam

Maxt
10-01-2022, 05:06 PM
One of my emails is just getting piled with spam, even though my email hosting service says the spam filter setting is set on the highest setting they are willing to go to before it starts blocking legitimate emails.
I've been sending these emails into the government of Canada spam centre for 2 years at least,it looks like they can't or won't do anything to stop it. It's the same stuff over and over again, Save a Train, Watches, Drones, headsets etc. Anyone ever get any feedback from the government ministry at all?

blairtruck
10-01-2022, 08:58 PM
my gmail just gets 100s a day of the same name as mine minus the .
all from the USA

pheoxs
10-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Are they from similar emails? Block the domain or set a rule in your gmail to block certain words.

Maxt
10-01-2022, 10:02 PM
Are they from similar emails? Block the domain or set a rule in your gmail to block certain words.

Had done that, but they change up the sender or subject so it gets through.

03ozwhip
10-02-2022, 05:53 AM
One of my emails is just getting piled with spam, even though my email hosting service says the spam filter setting is set on the highest setting they are willing to go to before it starts blocking legitimate emails.
I've been sending these emails into the government of Canada spam centre for 2 years at least,it looks like they can't or won't do anything to stop it. It's the same stuff over and over again, Save a Train, Watches, Drones, headsets etc. Anyone ever get any feedback from the government ministry at all?

Our info must have been targeted somewhere, the last couple months ita been a fucking nightmare of spam emails.

90_Shelby
10-02-2022, 07:41 AM
I diligently hit unsubscribe with anything I don’t want and it’s kept the inbox in check.

Maxt
10-02-2022, 08:31 AM
It's kind of funny that the government claims they can control the climate but can't stop email spam nor the weekly rbc and ups phishing links sent by sms.

The_Penguin
10-02-2022, 08:49 AM
Our whole company was getting spam from one person. We unsubscribed, threatened to report them, reported multiple times to fightspam.gc.ca. No help.
I even sent multiple complaints to the host (constant contact) and they did nothing. I told them I would block their entire domain, even the legit senders, they had zero fuks to give.
Couldn't block the entire domain, as there were some legit senders on it, so I finally had to write a transport rule that triggered on certain content in the emails.

ThePenIsMightier
10-02-2022, 11:38 AM
It's kind of funny that the government claims they can control the climate but can't stop email spam nor the weekly rbc and ups phishing links sent by sms.

Ha!! That's a fantastic point!
I didn't know this dumb govt program even existed. I have as much faith in it as the "Do Not Call List" they unrolled.

mr2mike
10-03-2022, 12:03 AM
Seen a lot of fake UPS or shipping notifications lately.
Text and email. Decently believable if I had the money to pay ups broker fees.

03ozwhip
10-03-2022, 03:22 AM
Seen a lot of fake UPS or shipping notifications lately.
Text and email. Decently believable if I had the money to pay ups broker fees.

Those are the ones I'm getting too

firebane
10-03-2022, 06:21 AM
I diligently hit unsubscribe with anything I don’t want and it’s kept the inbox in check.

This can work the opposite in what people think.

Sometimes they will send a spam email as a "check" and then you hit unsubscribe and they know a real person is there. Just report them as spam if using Gmail and let the system take care of it.

schurchill39
10-03-2022, 10:26 AM

Since late August? Thats when it really kicked up a notch in my inbox. I am getting ~20 on a slow day and up to 60 on a busy day and no matter how many I mark as spam or block the domain they keep flooding in. Reading through various forms or domain help centers all the answers are just "make sure your spam filter is turned on" which is obviously useless.
90_Shelby I tried that for a bit but it definitely just increased the amount I was getting.

gmc72
10-03-2022, 02:23 PM
Same here. Getting annoying but just keep on hitting the "Report Spam" button. Seems to have dropped off the past couple of days.

Maxt
10-03-2022, 07:16 PM
Yeah September was a bad month for it all, like a deluge. My blackberry hub mute option seems to work pretty good on the spam, but it gets through on my other devices that are linked to those email addresses.

DonJuan
10-04-2022, 08:53 AM
The deluge is in here now too. GalenBype is convinced we need to help to write essays.