PDA

View Full Version : Shaw Fibre+ 300 renewal

Pages : [1] 2

ee2k
10-21-2022, 09:28 AM
I have a renewal offer from Shaw as follows. Good price point? I am okay with the product itself.

Fibre+ 300
$69/mo
2 year value plan

suntan
10-21-2022, 09:33 AM
Nice.

gpomp
10-21-2022, 09:45 AM
Nice

G-ZUS
10-21-2022, 09:47 AM
Very nice.

ThePenIsMightier
10-21-2022, 09:48 AM
Do you not have cable with them, as well?

ee2k
10-21-2022, 09:54 AM
Do you not have cable with them, as well?

I don't have cable. Cut that out years ago. Today my bill is $59 pre tax for Fibre+ 300.

I should add that they also have the following on offer:

Fibre+ 500: $75
Fibre+ Gig $85
Fibre+ Gig 1.5 $115

All on 2 year plan.

msommers
10-21-2022, 10:17 AM
I pay a discounted rate until Dec 2023 for Fibre+ 750 at $78.75 total.

The upload speeds of Shaw vs. Telus are night and day though.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2022, 10:55 AM
Good reminder for all of us to check our bills and threaten to switch once our incentives expire. Nobody should be paying anything close to full price for these services.
I pay $112 for my Telus 150 internet plus TV (4 theme packs + Netflix )
My incentive expire in December, I will check back around black friday.

Xtrema
10-21-2022, 10:55 AM

You are fine unless Onlyfans is your primary income.

suntan
10-21-2022, 10:57 AM
Good reminder for all of us to check our bills and threaten to switch once our incentives expire. Nobody should be paying anything close to full price for these services.

God damn that's good.

pheoxs
10-21-2022, 11:10 AM

That’s why I went with a reseller. Still paying 49.95 for 300mbit cable through Lightspeed. Been almost 5 years and never had to bug them as it’s just the plans price and they haven’t raised my rates yet.

Shaw has 100 meg upload now on some of their higher plans. Though I think it’s only in some areas. Your 750 plan should have 100 upload now.

msommers
10-21-2022, 11:14 AM
You are fine unless Onlyfans is your primary income.

Well it is. What do you have to say for yourself now!

Shaw tops out at 100 vs Telus at 2,500. Ummm

ExtraSlow
10-21-2022, 11:20 AM
100 upload would be fine for me. As it is, my 150 plan routinely gets 175/175 speed test results, even when others on the network are using netflix, youtube etc. Honestly, seems to be a cap per device not per house, not sure. Maybe it's prioritizin speedtest traffic somehow? Don't think so thought.
That's one reason I don't pay for 300 or higher. Don't see any need, my actual 175 per device is never saturated.

suntan
10-21-2022, 11:23 AM
It's the magic of duplex routing.

rage2
10-21-2022, 11:23 AM
I got the 85 gig deal last month. Of course Telus is digging up our yard for fiber this week.

holden
10-21-2022, 11:26 AM

I have the same plan until mid 2024. Hopefully Telus installs fibre in my hood by then.

msommers
10-21-2022, 11:32 AM
Shaw is rolling out infrastructure upgrades right now, I assume to keep up with Telus' Fibre. The tech mentioned that Shaw has already upgraded some communities to the latest version, and Killarney was one of the first. Eventually he said, anyone with regular cable (ie: older folks) will find that their cable doesn't work anymore and everything will be dedicated to internet usage.

pheoxs
10-21-2022, 11:51 AM
Shaw is rolling out infrastructure upgrades right now, I assume to keep up with Telus' Fibre. The tech mentioned that Shaw has already upgraded some communities to the latest version, and Killarney was one of the first. Eventually he said, anyone with regular cable (ie: older folks) will find that their cable doesn't work anymore and everything will be dedicated to internet usage.

They need to swap to a Docsis 4.0 modem to still get service, yeah. It's going to be a huge upgrade for Shaw but also pretty hefty rollout as every modem needs to be replaced as part of it. Pretty sure it'll break my Lightspeed internet which I'm going to be grumpy about.

rage2
10-21-2022, 12:30 PM
They need to swap to a Docsis 4.0 modem to still get service, yeah. It's going to be a huge upgrade for Shaw but also pretty hefty rollout as every modem needs to be replaced as part of it. Pretty sure it'll break my Lightspeed internet which I'm going to be grumpy about.
I don’t think docsis 4 products are officially out yet. Just still in testing. Last I heard the big bump is speed is docsis 3.1 which is what Shaw is upgrading everyone to the last few years. That’ll allow 1gbit uploads which really is just bragging rights. Unless you’re a YouTuber or something.

I’m a super heavy user, my kids have a small YouTube channel and I’ve been 100% ok with the 100mbit upload.

BokCh0y
10-21-2022, 01:22 PM
I'm paying $115 for Shaw's Fibre+ gig service. Called them today and she kept telling me there are no promotions going on, at least for my account, and she can't do fuck all...but hey, if I want, they can upgrade me to Fiber+ 1.5 for extra $9/month. I was like yo, I'm calling you to try and SAVE and reduce my costs not increase my monthly payment!!! Even told her Telus is offering faster for cheaper with better uploads speeds, the entire speel but yeah, she wouldn't budge. Said she can't manually enter in a savings or promotion plan.

My buy out is $240 and I can save $360/year from Telus which equates to $120 total cost savings....but Telus hasn't built out their fiber services here yet is the prob.

ThePenIsMightier
10-21-2022, 02:04 PM
Mrs. TPiM set up our last Shaw contract and it's the fullest, full sticker price and not a penny more.
It's fuckin embarrassing! I should go post it in the Flex Shit thread.
But our contact also ends right now, so I'm interested.

gpomp
10-21-2022, 02:14 PM
Does anyone know how to set recordings remotely for Shaw Bluecurve TV?

ExtraSlow
10-21-2022, 02:14 PM
My buy out is $240 and I can save $360/year from Telus which equates to $120 total cost savings....but Telus hasn't built out their fiber services here yet is the prob.Shaw knows exactly, house by house, who can get telus fibre and who can't. If you can, shaw will give you heavy discounts to stay with them. if not, you are fucked.

ThePenIsMightier
10-21-2022, 02:49 PM
Shaw knows exactly, house by house, who can get telus fibre and who can't. If you can, shaw will give you heavy discounts to stay with them. if not, you are fucked.

Staaaap!!
I'm sliding off my chair, over here!
You are a fuckin genius!!

taemo
10-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Does anyone know how to set recordings remotely for Shaw Bluecurve TV?

checked and there doesnt seem a way to do it remotely, has to be done on the box itself.
seems like there used to be a Shaw Go Gateway app to do it but doesnt seem to work anymore
https://support.shaw.ca/t5/tv-articles/shaw-go-gateway-app-iphone/ta-p/6140

rage2
10-21-2022, 03:00 PM
Shaw knows exactly, house by house, who can get telus fibre and who can't. If you can, shaw will give you heavy discounts to stay with them. if not, you are fucked.
1. Find a friend with telus fiber.
2. Buy Shaw at their house at dirt cheap price for 2 years.
3. Move service to your house.

BokCh0y
10-21-2022, 03:04 PM

Well fuck.....hahaha

All i said to her was telus been knowing on my door trying to get to me to go over to them, but i didn't specifically say they had services here now. But still....well fuck haha thanks!!!

suntan
10-21-2022, 03:06 PM
Fun fact:

Telus put in fibre at the place I was living... in 1992. Experiment.

ExtraSlow
10-21-2022, 03:14 PM
1. Find a friend with telus fiber.
2. Buy Shaw at their house at dirt cheap price for 2 years.
3. Move service to your house.

Devious and delightful.

CompletelyNumb
10-21-2022, 03:31 PM
Current Shaw bill, not on contract:

Internet 600 $112.00
BlueCurve Gateway XB6 WiFi Modem Rental $7.00
Internet Discount -$20.00
Total Current Monthly Services $99.00

Telus has the worst possible options to my location (like internet 25) so Shaw wont offer me anything better than this. They generally offer Fibre+Gig for more than I pay.

Neil4Speed
10-24-2022, 04:10 PM
I was able to renew at 300 for $69, which seems OK with me - at least good enough for me not to spend time going down a rabbit hole of trying to find a deal. I figure that is keeping up with the $40 it was back in 1999...

Neil

pheoxs
10-24-2022, 05:35 PM
Current Shaw bill, not on contract:

Telus has the worst possible options to my location (like internet 25) so Shaw wont offer me anything better than this. They generally offer Fibre+Gig for more than I pay.

Lightspeed is 79.95$ for 750meg and uses the Shaw cable line anyways.

https://lightspeed.ca/personal/cable-internet/home-cable-750-service/

Pacman
10-25-2022, 08:46 AM
I'm on month to month with Shaw. SHould I be locking in for 2 year contracts?

ExtraSlow
10-25-2022, 09:22 AM
Only if locking in gets you very large discounts.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-25-2022, 10:18 AM
My shaw discount just ended, so I'm back to "full price" for the shaw gig. Telus is "coming soon"

Fibre+ Gig 115.00
BlueCurve Gateway XB6 WiFi Modem Rental 10.00
Total Current Monthly Services $125.00

Guess I should call shaw.

rage2
10-25-2022, 10:26 AM
Telus is "coming soon"
Watching Telus dig around our street, it’s going to take forever for Telus to upgrade the city. Took over a month to cover 3 blocks and get to our house, and the first houses they started at the end of the street a month ago just got their holes covered. We just got our first hole dug yesterday. Talking to Telus people here, they still need to do the main fiber runs to tie into all the houses. No ETA.

The only houses that got fiber actually into their house are telus tv and DSL customers. Everyone else just terminates halfway up the front yard with an access panel. Even then, they still have to wait for the main fiber run before getting service. Feel bad for some of the houses. Across the street, one house got 3 holes in his fucking driveway lol.

I’m expecting another year at least before we actually can get telus fiber here.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-25-2022, 10:35 AM
My in-laws are in Macewan, and they finally just cleaned everything up. Yard was torn up for most of summer (3+months), with giant reels and trucks blocking a bunch of roads. They just got fibre... Last week?

taemo
10-25-2022, 10:41 AM
They did our community Beddington this summer, I signed up to get notified once Fiber is available but will probably stick with Shaw 500, might try use Telus as leverage to negotiate a better deal with Shaw but otherwise 500/100 is more than enough for me.

For those that switched from Shaw to Telus Fiber, did you guys notice a decrease in latency as that's what I would be most interested on

spike98
10-25-2022, 10:42 AM

Telus GB unlimited, Pik TV, and Telus Security - $112+tax.

2Legit2Quit
10-25-2022, 01:33 PM
I was paying $50/month for Shaw 300 mbps on a 2 year contract, once that was nearing end they started hounding me with calls to re-sign a new contract.

I kept declining stating I would only if I'd continue to pay $50 a month. Eventually one of them caved and gave me a new 2 year for $55/month.

davidI
10-26-2022, 02:02 AM
What speeds do you guys actually get from these plans?

andyg16
10-26-2022, 07:02 AM
I'm paying $115 for Shaw's Fibre+ gig service. Called them today and she kept telling me there are no promotions going on, at least for my account, and she can't do fuck all...but hey, if I want, they can upgrade me to Fiber+ 1.5 for extra $9/month. I was like yo, I'm calling you to try and SAVE and reduce my costs not increase my monthly payment!!! Even told her Telus is offering faster for cheaper with better uploads speeds, the entire speel but yeah, she wouldn't budge. Said she can't manually enter in a savings or promotion plan.

My buy out is $240 and I can save $360/year from Telus which equates to $120 total cost savings....but Telus hasn't built out their fiber services here yet is the prob.

This is exactly what happened to me the other day, I called after seeing this thread and I've always had success with Shaw giving me the latest promos regardless of it being available on my account or not. This guy proceeded to give me shit because my contract was less than a year old and I'm already trying to change it. Had to keep my calm and proceeded to end the convo.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2022, 07:29 AM

I think people generally get about what they advertise from these plans.
My Telus fiber 150 plan gives 175/175 every day.
The Shaw plans give 300 down and 20 up or whatever.

ZenOps
10-26-2022, 08:25 AM
By the time Telus finishes digging in the fibre here, Petabit will be a thing.

1 million times faster than Gigabit. 8K HDTV will be low res.

spike98
10-26-2022, 10:23 AM

With telus is pretty close for their gigabit service but you have to have a healthy LAN to get it. I get 950 give or take on my wired devices.

rage2
10-26-2022, 10:34 AM

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-26-2022, 10:40 AM

https://www.speedtest.net/result/13855489579.png (https://www.speedtest.net/result/13855489579)

ZenOps
10-26-2022, 10:44 AM
2.5 gigabit ethernet copper ports are surprisingly cheap. Telus seems to have dropped the price on 2.5 gbits up/down from $175 to $150 on contract.

The business contracts are quite compelling if you want try and share with a neighbor, as they divvy out two dynamic IP's. Five static IPs would probably be a big run of cabling unless you are in a tightly packed apartment or something.

ThePenIsMightier
10-26-2022, 11:18 AM
My Shaw Fibre+ 300 that we've had for 23 months, now:

rage2
10-26-2022, 11:21 AM
My in-laws are in Macewan, and they finally just cleaned everything up. Yard was torn up for most of summer (3+months), with giant reels and trucks blocking a bunch of roads. They just got fibre... Last week?
Yea probably a while yet. They haven’t even cut up the streets yet. It’s purely work at each house.

npham
10-26-2022, 11:45 AM
You guys need some Telus in your life

kenny
10-26-2022, 11:55 AM

Really only need these speeds when downloading new games on xbox or uploading large videos to youtube.

PS: I know you were probably asking about the shaw speeds, but I have to justify paying the extra $10/month by spamming the Shaw threads with my Telus speeds! :rofl:

ExtraSlow
10-26-2022, 11:56 AM
PS: I know you were probably asking about the shaw speeds, but I have to justify paying the extra $10/month by spamming the Shaw threads with my Telus speeds! :rofl:

This is the way.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2022, 07:44 PM
Currently, while running a teams meeting with China, and my family is streaming two different netflix shows, my laptop is getting these speeds wirelessly.

Not bad for my 150-150 plan.

taemo
11-01-2022, 12:33 PM
Telus promo team just called me and looks like we are switching from Shaw, they will also cover the installation cost and cancellation of our Shaw contract.

130$ for 2 years for internet, 2 TV box and Netflix, could have bundled Amazon Prime but they can't link my account to it.

phreezee
11-01-2022, 12:56 PM
Made the switch to Shaw over the weekend and cancelled Telus this morning.

$89/month for Shaw Fibre+ Gig + $100 bill credit which works out to ~ $85/month, with waived $50 install fee.

Told Telus the 2 reasons were:
1) Credit surcharge, it's not the money, it's the principle.
2) They only give the new Wifi 6 modems to new customers.

Telus was only offering me the same rate at $89/month.

Xtrema
11-01-2022, 02:31 PM
Telus promo team just called me and looks like we are switching from Shaw, they will also cover the installation cost and cancellation of our Shaw contract.

130$ for 2 years for internet, 2 TV box and Netflix, could have bundled Amazon Prime but they can't link my account to it.

That's nice, somehow they want a colleague of mine to pay for the last mile into the home and he switched to Shaw from Telus DSL.

Hate that you have to keep playing that game.

ExtraSlow
11-01-2022, 03:06 PM
Well, I decided to shat with shaw today to prep me for my discussion with Telus that will be coming soon.
Shaw has some small advantages like the shawgo WIFI and the shaw mobile that do have some value, although overall I've been happyw ith Telus.
aside from the stuff currently advertised on the shaw website, they did offer me a small discount on:

Fiber+Gig & Total TV @ $139/mo
Fiber+500 & Total TV @ $129/mo
I think that's like $10/mo off.

rage2
11-01-2022, 03:29 PM
That's nice, somehow they want a colleague of mine to pay for the last mile into the home and he switched to Shaw from Telus DSL.

I've also been hearing Telus wanting customers to pay for last mile. My neighbors that are on DSL says they're promised no last mile install fees if it's done during the current neighbourhood dig, so surprised to see that Telus wants you to pay even when you're already a Telus customer.

Well, I decided to shat with shaw today to prep me for my discussion with Telus that will be coming soon.
Shaw has some small advantages like the shawgo WIFI and the shaw mobile that do have some value, although overall I've been happyw ith Telus.
Telus also has their wifi available, but in less places than Shaw. It's actually nice to have access to both.

ExtraSlow
11-01-2022, 05:32 PM
Is that Telus WiFi part of Telus mobile or Telus home services? I've never heard of it.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-01-2022, 07:13 PM
I've also been hearing Telus wanting customers to pay for last mile. My neighbors that are on DSL says they're promised no last mile install fees if it's done during the current neighbourhood dig, so surprised to see that Telus wants you to pay even when you're already a Telus customer.

Telus also has their wifi available, but in less places than Shaw. It's actually nice to have access to both.

When Telus came through, they told me the same thing. If I purchase during the dig, they'll cover the last mile cost.

rage2
11-01-2022, 08:48 PM
Is that Telus WiFi part of Telus mobile or Telus home services? I've never heard of it.
Both. I have it thru mobile. Those telus hotspots are free for everyone for like 10 mins using a fake email as well. Annoying signing in non stop for the free service. With both coverage I feel like I’m on wifi everywhere.

When Telus came through, they told me the same thing. If I purchase during the dig, they'll cover the last mile cost.
Can you buy month to month? Haha

Seems like a crazy strategy. Who’s going to pay last mile to get internet when Shaw offers more than enough bandwidth for 99% of users? How much is that cost?

cherpintow
11-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Re-upped with Telus yesterday, internet + cable (basic channels + TSN/Sportsnet pack) 1 GB Fibre with 2 4k cable boxes for $117/month.

ExtraSlow
11-02-2022, 08:46 AM
Re-upped with Telus yesterday, internet + cable (basic channels + TSN/Sportsnet pack) 1 GB Fibre with 2 4k cable boxes for $117/month.

Now that sounds like a decent deal. Did you have to go through much hassle, or did they offer you that pretty fast?

taemo
11-02-2022, 09:09 AM

yeah that is odd, what community are they in? waiting for someone to call me right now to install the last mile but checked the website and don't have to pay anything. will update once they call me and finish the install.
Internet install scheduled for Nov 30.

to be honest this is the main service that I will miss from Shaw, hoping someone from Shaw retention calls me and if I can get the Shaw internet basic for under 40$ I don't mind having both Shaw and Telus haha.

nice! forgot to mention mine came with 4 premium channels along since I didn't want Prime, and I can switch month to month between Crave and Netflix too.
hoping that I can call Telus ADT afterwards too for additional discount

Xtrema
11-02-2022, 09:49 AM
yeah that is odd, what community are they in? waiting for someone to call me right now to install the last mile but checked the website and don't have to pay anything. will update once they call me and finish the install.
Internet install scheduled for Nov 30.

Canyon Meadows. I am surprised as well. I wonder if he missed the boat, it's probably free when they are working in the area, not after they are gone.

rage2
11-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Canyon Meadows. I am surprised as well. I wonder if he missed the boat, it's probably free when they are working in the area, not after they are gone.
That's what I've been told. Pretty weird they're spending so much money on every house only to not wire up last 10 or so ft.

cherpintow
11-02-2022, 10:20 AM
Now that sounds like a decent deal. Did you have to go through much hassle, or did they offer you that pretty fast?

I spoke with the loyalty department for that one, once I was through to them it took about 10 mins.

ExtraSlow
11-02-2022, 10:24 AM
OK. I'll prep myself for the old "I'm going to shaw you fuckers" routine. Kinda hate that we all have to lie to each other to get decent deals. What a system.

BerserkerCatSplat
11-02-2022, 11:25 AM

That's really odd. We switched from Shaw to Telus fiber earlier this year, about 8 months after they installed the main trunk. They did the last-mile installation to the house free of charge.

suntan
11-02-2022, 12:55 PM
That's what I've been told. Pretty weird they're spending so much money on every house only to not wire up last 10 or so ft.

This is the most expensive part by far.

kenny
11-02-2022, 01:18 PM

So they can include it "free" as long as customer chooses big enough plan and stays on for 2 years+

Proyecto2000
11-02-2022, 09:38 PM
i just renewed with Telus and damn do they piss me off with the damn discounts ending at different times; I am supposed to have 1 gig fibre internet for 24 months at a discounted rate of $65 a month. I have multiple credits that expire on oct 2023 and others on march and april 2023 and one $20 credit on January 2023.

for control plus smart security i did a 36 month discounted price of $16 (reg $60/month) and I see that one $7 credit expires Dec 2022 and another $7 on Jan 2023 while the rest expire during different months in 2025. WTF!

Now I get to spend 1 hour on hold again to get these idiots to change promo dates so that I get charged for the rate that I signed up for the entire term...

ExtraSlow
11-02-2022, 09:58 PM
Not the same product, but there's a reason I say that Public Mobile has the best customer service team in the business.

Fuck telecom companies.

?????
11-02-2022, 11:06 PM
Not the same product, but there's a reason I say that Public Mobile has the best customer service team in the business.

Fuck telecom companies.

Until you need something.
A few months after we cancelled they (Public Mobile) charged a random $4x sum on my credit card.
All I got was a run around, it'll be refunded, etc, and after half a year I just took the loss as it wasn't going anywhere.

Xtrema
11-03-2022, 08:54 AM
Even it won't change the landscape much, I'm glad the Rogers/Shaw deal is almost dead.

ExtraSlow
11-18-2022, 01:15 PM
Well, I'm not happy with Telus today. Didn't manage to renew anything. My discounts expire in December, but wanted to get it done as part of the black friday shopping.
Spent 15 minutes on a chat, to get connected to loyalty department by phone. Spent 37 minutes on the phone with Loyalty, and the dude was really unclear and hard to understand.

I think he was offering me the following: 150 internet, 4+1 TV, and a doorbell camera for $117/mo. Now I really don't want the doorbell camera, and the guy was talking about a $15/mo cancellation fee if I cancelled my smart security contract before 36 months was up. He made it sound like I'd also get charged $100 if I didn't install the doorbell camera. Didn't like the direction it was going, so told him to call me this afternoon with a better plan. Going to go eat some lunch.

- - - Updated - - -

Does shaw do all thier "best" promotions through the call centre too, or can they work decent shit via chat?
Need to check the weirdo channels my wife uses to see if they are in the Shaw total TV package. Any shaw black friday promotions?

ExtraSlow
11-18-2022, 03:46 PM
Shaw online chat seems to have access to some deals. I really prefer online chat to the stupid telephone with some jackoff who has a poor mic and poor language skills.
couldn't get anything for as low as $117/mo that I liked, but they did get to Gig internet, total TV, 24 months of Disney Plus, no activation or install fee, and $250 bill credit for $139/mo on 2 year contract. that bill credit makes is effectively $128/mo.

Some small benefits for shaw mobile that may be worth a couple bucks too.

Let's say that I'm intrigued, although I have not yet signed with anyone.

Tik-Tok
11-18-2022, 03:50 PM
Last time I tried negotiating with Shaw they wouldn't renew exactly what I had for the same price so I had to cancel altogether. They phoned me a week later and I got what I wanted.

Telus might be doing the same now too. Multi-tier retention departments.

ExtraSlow
11-18-2022, 03:52 PM
The First offer of the Telus "loyalty department" was $12/mo WORSE than the public website. And for slower speed. I was very impressed.

Tik-Tok
11-18-2022, 08:49 PM
The First offer of the Telus "loyalty department" was $12/mo WORSE than the public website. And for slower speed. I was very impressed.

ExtraSlow
11-23-2022, 04:35 PM
I have selected Shaw for my telecom provider.
Gig internet, total TV, Disney Plus, all equipment and install free, and $250 one time bill credit. $139/mo.

My target with telus was the 150 Fibre internet with 4+1 TV package for under $110, closest they could get was the advertised special with Fibre 300 and 4+1 TV for $138. They did have some options which included home security features which they guy insisted would lower my bill, but he was not easy to understand, or helpful, and I don't want those, so I did not select any of them.

I will enjoy having shaw wifi at the mall, and it's possible I will end up with Shaw mobile for some of the 4 cellphones in the household, although it may not beat my current public mobile plans. we will see.

Xtrema
11-23-2022, 04:48 PM
I will enjoy having shaw wifi at the mall, and it's possible I will end up with Shaw mobile for some of the 4 cellphones in the household, although it may not beat my current public mobile plans. we will see.

VoLTE and Wifi Calling alone is worthwhile to jump ship.

But who know how long that ship will stay afloat.

https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/shaw-ceo-tells-competition-tribunal-that-company-needs-merger-with-rogers-1.1850521

ExtraSlow
11-27-2022, 03:39 PM
I have selected Shaw for my telecom provider.
Gig internet, total TV, Disney Plus, all equipment and install free, and $250 one time bill credit. $139/mo.

My target with telus was the 150 Fibre internet with 4+1 TV package for under $110, closest they could get was the advertised special with Fibre 300 and 4+1 TV for $138. They did have some options which included home security features which they guy insisted would lower my bill, but he was not easy to understand, or helpful, and I don't want those, so I did not select any of them.

I was a cunty bitch to the "real" Telus retentions person who phoned me today to discuss the service cancellation request that shaw sent in after hooking me up yesterday. While they did offer me substantially better deals than the first "loyalty" agent offered me, I'm pissed off now, and I will (probably) not be accepting their offer. Even though the offer today was below my previously mentioned "target" price, and lower than what I signed up for with shaw. Further proof that loyalty is not rewarded, and you should be cancelling services every few years.
they did

taemo
12-01-2022, 10:06 AM
got Telus Fiber installed last night, noticed my latency to work went down from ~15ms down to ~4ms, happy with that.

having issues with Optik TV though as they don't like being inside a NATted network and if I enable IP passthrough then they are no good either.
hope Shaw offers me a good deal for a basic internet and Shaw Bluecurve tv then I might keep both services.

suntan
12-03-2022, 07:02 PM
$90 for same service I have now - Fiber 500. Paying $80 right now.

ExtraSlow
12-03-2022, 07:33 PM
$90 for same service I have now - Fiber 500. Paying $80 right now.

Cancel. Like really cancel.

redline
12-16-2023, 12:27 PM
My Shaw contract just ended what is everyone paying these days ?

msommers
12-16-2023, 12:43 PM
$89.25 all in for Ignite 1G

ExtraSlow
12-16-2023, 12:53 PM
Lower than posted.

redline
12-16-2023, 01:10 PM
Begin trying to get to higher level of retention all morning … might have to actually cancel … one of those Telus door to door guys was at my house last week … should have heard him out …

ExtraSlow
12-16-2023, 01:18 PM
Yes, cancel for real. A different person will call YOU MANY DAYS LATER.

firebane
12-16-2023, 01:30 PM
A lot of these places even if you get retention will tell you they can't do anything and you will run yourself in circles.

ExtraSlow
12-16-2023, 01:52 PM
There no reason to attempt to stay with a provider. New customers usually treated better.

max_boost
12-16-2023, 01:52 PM
Cancel. Like really cancel.

Dang it lol $85 for internet 300 Rogers/ shaw

firebane
12-16-2023, 01:59 PM
There no reason to attempt to stay with a provider. New customers usually treated better.

Some of us work from home and can't afford downtime. Switching providers means you have to wait for cancels and installs and I've been around long enough to know those never go as planned. Also switching doesn't mean things will be better. I'm on the Shaw 1Gb plan and to switch to something like Telus could mean worse.

So sometimes.. its just easier to stay and deal with it because in the end we all get screwed one way or another.

Tik-Tok
12-16-2023, 02:03 PM
I just renewed last month, $125 for Ignite Total TV + 500Mb

They offered 1gig for only $9 more, but I honestly don't need it. I was never disappointed even with 300Mb I had before that.

redline
12-16-2023, 02:12 PM
I just renewed last month, $125 for Ignite Total TV + 500Mb

They offered 1gig for only $9 more, but I honestly don't need it. I was never disappointed even with 300Mb I had before that.

That is a good deal, do you have crave and time shifting , home phone and how many TVs?

Tik-Tok
12-16-2023, 02:20 PM
It came with 3 months of crave,and a year of Disney. No idea about time shifting, I don't even watch cable (wife does). No phone, and two TV's.

redline
12-16-2023, 02:36 PM
It came with 3 months of crave,and a year of Disney. No idea about time shifting, I don't even watch cable (wife does). No phone, and two TV's.

do you mind PMing me your real name and address , to see if i can use your deal to improve my deal