PDA

View Full Version : is ink123.ca any good?

ThePenIsMightier
10-26-2022, 08:29 PM
I have a Brother laser printer that has lasted several years on its OEM original toner. The replacement is only $35 for some stupid brand named "moustache" from this ink123.ca website.
Has anyone ever bought from them?
The "proper" Brother one is triple that at Staples.

I sort of think I bought from a company with a name like this in eBay forever ago, but I think my eBay account lapsed. I can't recall for sure.

JRSC00LUDE
10-26-2022, 08:32 PM
Not gonna lie, I've never been this cheap in my life.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2022, 08:41 PM
I am a cheap bastard, and I have used off-brand toner from Amazon. Not sure you really come out ahead long term, but I still do it.

rage2
10-26-2022, 09:01 PM
I am a cheap bastard, and I have used off-brand toner from Amazon. Not sure you really come out ahead long term, but I still do it.
Ditto. 1/2 the price of ink123. Last brand I bought was ink first from Amazon. Same day delivery too.

ExtraSlow
10-26-2022, 09:08 PM

RX_EVOLV
10-26-2022, 09:31 PM
I've been buying toners from 123ink.ca for both the office and home for years. Canon and Brothers laser printers.

Never had issues with the black ones. Had an issue with an Magenta cartridge once and they sent me a new one right away. For the price difference no complaints. They are also on ebates.ca

ZeroGravity
10-26-2022, 09:38 PM
Been using the toners from 123ink.ca for my Brothers printer at home. The quality seems ok, no issues. Some versions of the moustache toners even has OEM packs, same toners, but white / brown box packaging for slightly cheaper prices.

ThePenIsMightier
10-26-2022, 10:45 PM
Wow, thanks for the advice! It's nice to find even more options.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie, I've never been this cheap in my life.

mr2mike
10-27-2022, 03:02 AM
Print to pdf, bro.
Email.
Such a boomer.
I'm helping!!

msommers
10-27-2022, 08:54 AM
I've been buying toners from 123ink.ca for both the office and home for years. Canon and Brothers laser printers.

Never had issues with the black ones. Had an issue with an Magenta cartridge once and they sent me a new one right away. For the price difference no complaints. They are also on ebates.ca

Been using the toners from 123ink.ca for my Brothers printer at home. The quality seems ok, no issues. Some versions of the moustache toners even has OEM packs, same toners, but white / brown box packaging for slightly cheaper prices.

Thanks for the info. I was a bit worried that the Brother lasers would have issues not being OEM toner as I had read a bunch of issues with the chips not reading, but sounds like that's not a typical issue!

rage2
10-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I was a bit worried that the Brother lasers would have issues not being OEM toner as I had read a bunch of issues with the chips not reading, but sounds like that's not a typical issue!
Brother aren’t dicks like HP. That said, one has to wonder how long their business model will survive, seeing as I’ve bought 1 printer from them and that’s it. They last forever and toner from 3rd parties makes them nothing. I almost feel bad enough to buy name brand toner.

thetransporter
10-29-2022, 12:48 AM
123 was good til about 2017 but now just do amazon much cheaper.