PDA

View Full Version : Calgary drivers

89coupe
12-02-2022, 09:12 PM
Rant

Crowchild traffic IQ drops 40 points, what a terrible road to try and commute on. Have to drive my son to Korean school on Fridays and getting on to Crowchild from Bow is a gong show. All the way from Bow to McMahon stadium on Crowchild is brutal. Calgary has the worse drivers, terrible.

Sentry
12-02-2022, 09:25 PM
I lived in Royal Oak for 8 years, crowchild has so much potential ruined by its 80kph limit and three wide rolling roadblocks of stunned cunt crossover drivers.

I'd also like to point out when going northbound on deerfoot the absolute shittiest drivers all seem to take the exit onto Memorial Drive NE. Weird

Team_Mclaren
12-02-2022, 09:47 PM
So... You havent traveled to anywhere else in NA?

ExtraSlow
12-02-2022, 09:59 PM
So... You havent traveled to anywhere else in NA?

Calgary is the worst (***except other cities***)

haggis88
12-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Calgary ranks up there for sure

rage2
12-02-2022, 11:04 PM
Does anyone even follow the 80 limit? Crowchild is one road in the city where average speeds is typically well over 80 even during rush hour, with the exception of deep freeze like this week. There are a few road blockers, but there’s enough lanes to easily get past.

The criticism of crowchild NB between bow trail and McMahon is valid. The 2 lane pinch point, coupled with the short green until 3pm at 24th makes it a brutal stretch of road unless you know your lane choices. Once you know your lanes, especially the 4th lane prior to 24th, you can make up a ton of positions and save 1 or 2 reds.

Long story short, crowchild is one of the better roads for commuting. It does suck if you’re coming from aspen/bow, that’s a convoluted under the bridge, u turn, and back up fighting with downtown traffic. I dunno where said Korean school is but you’re better off taking Sarcee and going backwards.

Sentry
12-02-2022, 11:05 PM
Does anyone even follow the 80 limit? Crowchild is one road in the city where average speeds is typically well over 80 even during rush hour, with the exception of deep freeze like this week. There are a few road blockers, but there’s enough lanes to easily get past.

The criticism of crowchild NB between bow trail and McMahon is valid. The 2 lane pinch point, coupled with the short green until 3pm at 24th makes it a brutal stretch of road unless you know your lane choices. Once you know your lanes, especially the 4th lane prior to 24th, you can make up a ton of positions and save 1 or 2 reds.
The 80k limit produces 70k roadblocks and cops looking to cash in.

rage2
12-02-2022, 11:09 PM
The 80k limit produces 70k roadblocks and cops looking to cash in.
There are so little cops on crowchild. Basically zero during rush hour. It’s patrolled mostly on weekend mornings. Pretty obvious with the unmarked truck going 70 in the fast lane encouraging you to blow past.

arcticcat522
12-03-2022, 01:28 AM
I've been dinged a couple times with the court summons by them sitting behind the little building going south at Brisebois

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-03-2022, 09:23 AM
Drivers in general are morons. With how much I drive for work I could probably double my income with dash cam footage of stupid shit if I had the time.