PDA

View Full Version : Car Market Crash Deal MEGATHREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:38 AM
Every time I type out MEGATHREAD, I think ES gets a twitch in the eye.

Anyway, it's going to be fun watching things circle the drain as we go into the recession, supply chains catch up, EV tech shits on everything with boring EV fecal spray, etc etc.

killramos already mentioned Land Rover building up inventory on the lot. And Mercedes seems to be doing the same.

Like most things, I think this starts at the high end, then will move down to more mass market and up to exotics.

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 11:41 AM
Every time I type out MEGATHREAD, I think ES gets a twitch in the eye.
This is true.

I don't predict a significant crash in "normal" vehicle values, but the the edge-cases at the top end will likely see significant erosion.
What I'm really hoping to see is better inventory and availability. If order times go down to under 6 months on popular PHEV's, for instance, that's what I'm hoping for.

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:51 AM
This is true.

I don't predict a significant crash in "normal" vehicle values, but the the edge-cases at the top end will likely see significant erosion.
What I'm really hoping to see is better inventory and availability. If order times go down to under 6 months on popular PHEV's, for instance, that's what I'm hoping for.

I think you will see significant erosion in normal vehicle values. Companies have been putting no capital into upgrading their ICE engineering, and almost all of the key components have been amortized down. I think the ICE portfolios will become the bargain option, and companies will compete on price with them.

94boosted
01-17-2023, 11:52 AM
Bring it on, need to get back to the days of dealers calling their customers and actually trying to make a deal happen. This full price + ADM/predatory loan + wait for 6-12 months for a car bullshit has to stop.

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:53 AM
Bring it on, need to get back to the days of dealers calling their customers and actually trying to make a deal happen. This full price + ADM/predatory loan + wait for 6-12 months for a car bullshit has to stop.

this is happening already. I've gotten lots of calls over the last few months.

killramos
01-17-2023, 11:53 AM
It’s beautiful

DonJuan
01-17-2023, 11:57 AM
This is true.

I want my Volvo V90 PHEV... dammit

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 11:57 AM
the market coming down is beautiful. I'm hopeful that you are correct in the whole market going down.

- - - Updated - - -

#interested

94boosted
01-17-2023, 11:58 AM
I've had two deposits for a particular sports car, one for 10 months and one for 5 months, nothing, not a peep, no allocation, no word on if I'll even get a car for spring.

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:59 AM
Buying a car in the last year is going to prove to be painful.

vengie
01-17-2023, 12:05 PM
#excited

Rocket1k78
01-17-2023, 12:20 PM
Its going to be ugly indeed. I was never an EV guy but with the recent price drops and my wifes new business requiring her to drive all over the city ive been looking hard at the model Y...... I was browsing kijiji and autotrader last night and a ton of dealers and private sellers are due for some major price reductions.

tha_bandit
01-17-2023, 12:38 PM

hopefully they don't kill wagons here like the US, but yes need some better inventory finally

94boosted
01-17-2023, 12:58 PM
I think pickup trucks are most in need of a correction. The last 1/2 ton I bought was a 2018 F150 Lariat 3.5EB, sticker on it was just over $72K, I paid $53K. That same truck is now $90K, with $0 off the price :dunno:

R-Audi
01-17-2023, 01:00 PM
I had one of the local Toyota dealers ask about returning my 4Runner early and use the equity towards a new vehicle.. asked about a Sequoia... 2-3 YEAR waiting list. Ouch. I have a feeling that the sought after vehicles will stilll be in demand...

Buster
01-17-2023, 01:05 PM
I had one of the local Toyota dealers ask about returning my 4Runner early and use the equity towards a new vehicle.. asked about a Sequoia... 2-3 YEAR waiting list. Ouch. I have a feeling that the sought after vehicles will stilll be in demand...

that's probably more of a supply issue than a demand issue.

They are probably putting more of the parts that are limited towards the trucks, since it is the same platform.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2023, 01:07 PM
Hoping for a $50k 997.2 Carrera S eventually…

killramos
01-17-2023, 01:09 PM
For some reason Porsche prices are still fully irrational.

roopi
01-17-2023, 01:12 PM
So has anyone got a deal on anything or is this crash still imminent? Everything I've looked at is priced the same as it has been for the past year.

rage2
01-17-2023, 01:15 PM
So has anyone got a deal on anything or is this crash still imminent? Everything I've looked at is priced the same as it has been for the past year.
Still too soon. Manufacturers jacked up MSRP so everything is still inflated. I’d say by March or April the deep trunk money is going to start coming down to clear 2023s, unless inventory becomes a massive issue. There’s still a decent number of 2022s, and they’re getting huge 2-3% interest rate discounts for the 4 square buyers.

Tesla basically cut all that BS and dropped prices instantly haha.

Team_Mclaren
01-17-2023, 01:16 PM

huh? V90 stopped in 2022

Buster
01-17-2023, 01:19 PM
Still too soon. Manufacturers jacked up MSRP so everything is still inflated. I’d say by March or April the deep trunk money is going to start coming down to clear 2023s, unless inventory becomes a massive issue. There’s still a decent number of 2022s, and they’re getting huge 2-3% interest rate discounts for the 4 square buyers.

Tesla basically cut all that BS and dropped prices instantly haha.

this is a great tldr of where the market is headed...to start.

By this fall though...all bets are off.

JfuckinC
01-17-2023, 01:26 PM

where do we think 991.1 GT3's will land after all this :confused:

BavarianBeast
01-17-2023, 01:44 PM
People are still willing to pay $186k usd for a 8 year old huracan with 19,000 miles. Yeah it hasn’t crashed much.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2015-lamborghini-huracan-lp-610-4-8/

Buster
01-17-2023, 01:46 PM
People are still willing to pay $186k usd for a 8 year old huracan with 19,000 miles. Yeah it hasn’t crashed much.

there's always going to be a last guy on the boat.

DonJuan
01-17-2023, 01:49 PM
huh? V90 stopped in 2022

It's apparently still available to special pre-order only (possibly even pay in full) and need to know someone at the dealer via a handshake agreement. Or just get the V90 Cross Country in dinosaur burning mode in Canada.
According to the internet is they went through all the govt regulations for them to sell them in NA, but at last minute held back to test the luxury PHEV wagon market does before committing to luxury PHEV wagon. They are hoping all the US V90 PHEV demand with go into the V90 PHEV Cross, which it probably will. (Read this from a US V90 PHEV non cross country owner on Volvo forums, so it's definitely legit info for sure.)

Which is why I still advocating for a honking meet at Valentine Volvo.

you&me
01-17-2023, 01:54 PM

That car is squarely in what's becoming known as the "bitcoin" market... Basically any high end car that appealed to young new money has started dropping, like Urus', G-wagons, F8s, etc; outliers can only holdback for so long until relative values drag everything in the segment with them (i.e. a Huracan is only worth X as long as a 488 is worth Y).

Personally, I thought the last two years have been great; upgraded two cars with near zero cost because the used market was so insane... Certainly worked out better than sitting it out and waiting for things to "settle down"... Those that did now have even older cars that will be suppressed even further as the newer cars start to fall off.

Anyone shocked and dismayed at what Tesla has done by lowering MSRPs has a very selective memory - it's no different than trunk money of years past and no one seemed to bat an eye when BMW would kick in $30k on a 7-Series :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-17-2023, 01:59 PM

Still irrational but a lot of Porsche stuff I’ve been watching is either not selling or dropping in value/bids.

max_boost
01-17-2023, 02:00 PM

We should also post deals in this thread. Beyond knows best if it's a deal or not.

Buster
01-17-2023, 02:06 PM
We should also post deals in this thread. Beyond knows best if it's a deal or not.

that was the hope and intent of the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

That car is squarely in what's becoming known as the "bitcoin" market... Basically any high end car that appealed to young new money has started dropping, like Urus', G-wagons, F8s, etc; outliers can only holdback for so long until relative values drag everything in the segment with them (i.e. a Huracan is only worth X as long as a 488 is worth Y).

Personally, I thought the last two years have been great; upgraded two cars with near zero cost because the used market was so insane... Certainly worked out better than sitting it out and waiting for things to "settle down"... Those that did now have even older cars that will be suppressed even further as the newer cars start to fall off.

Anyone shocked and dismayed at what Tesla has done by lowering MSRPs has a very selective memory - it's no different than trunk money of years past and no one seemed to bat an eye when BMW would kick in $30k on a 7-Series :rofl:

car costs are calculated retro-actively once depreciation is crystalized.

BavarianBeast
01-17-2023, 02:06 PM
Somebody should pick this up. I sold mine with 2x km for the same price..

Saw this 2012 Audi TT RS on AutoTrader's iPhone app
http://www.autotrader.ca/go/5-57037534

Buster
01-17-2023, 02:08 PM

Interesting car. I'd have to lend it to my wife to curb the wheels tho. Then ask her to curb the other side.

JustinL
01-17-2023, 02:21 PM
where do we think 991.1 GT3's will land after all this :confused:

Depends on if you are going to roll the dice on a pre-G series engine as they start dropping off warranty. I think the ones with the replaced engines will continue to hold value pretty well.

I need a new family hauler, so beyond, let me know when the market bottoms.

DonJuan
01-17-2023, 02:23 PM

My vision is only now returning after seeing that colour.

Buster
01-17-2023, 02:25 PM
Depends on if you are going to roll the dice on a pre-G series engine as they start dropping off warranty. I think the ones with the replaced engines will continue to hold value pretty well.

I need a new family hauler, so beyond, let me know when the market bottoms.

My guess is late summer/early fall the dealers will be begging you to take something off their hands.

rage2
01-17-2023, 02:29 PM
Trunk money isn’t really visible to anyone but buyers and prospective buyers in a certain time window, so a very small % of people. Dumping MSRP and actual sale prices Tesla style is detrimental to previous buyers because it’s so visible. The manufacture/dealer model has been optimized so well that discounts won’t affect used market as drastic as Tesla, and keeps everyone happy.

bjstare
01-17-2023, 02:31 PM
My vision is only now returning after seeing that colour.

I like the colour. The wheels are awful though.

DonJuan
01-17-2023, 02:36 PM
I like the colour. The wheels are awful though.

It had wheels? *looks again*

Team_Mclaren
01-17-2023, 02:43 PM
It's apparently still available to special pre-order only (possibly even pay in full) and need to know someone at the dealer via a handshake agreement. Or just get the V90 Cross Country in dinosaur burning mode in Canada.
According to the internet is they went through all the govt regulations for them to sell them in NA, but at last minute held back to test the luxury PHEV wagon market does before committing to luxury PHEV wagon. They are hoping all the US V90 PHEV demand with go into the V90 PHEV Cross, which it probably will. (Read this from a US V90 PHEV non cross country owner on Volvo forums, so it's definitely legit info for sure.)

Which is why I still advocating for a honking meet at Valentine Volvo.

You are definitely dreaming.

BavarianBeast
01-17-2023, 02:43 PM
Probably the most fun winter car for $50k

Darkane
01-17-2023, 02:46 PM
Dodge dealers offering 20% off msrp on rams.

Even saw one of the new Gen Ram sport at Clarisholm dealer for 61k from ~76k.

Good deal relatively speaking.

94boosted
01-17-2023, 02:53 PM
Dodge dealers offering 20% off msrp on rams.

Even saw one of the new Gen Ram sport at Clarisholm dealer for 61k from ~76k.

Good deal relatively speaking.

They were doing that back in November, perhaps even October. Nobody wants to buy a Chrysler product, even when all the other automakers had supply shortages.

Darkane
01-17-2023, 03:02 PM
They were doing that back in November, perhaps even October. Nobody wants to buy a Chrysler product, even when all the other automakers had supply shortages.

I’m going to challenge you because it’s an important point.

The Ram Classics were 15-20% off then. We’re on new Gen trucks now.

Big difference. But a good sign for overall health of the market.

https://www.legacydodgeclaresholm.com/vehicles/2022/ram/1500/taber/ab/56103170/?sale_class=new

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 03:09 PM
Are they offering 20% off the current gen RAM now? That's starting to be a decent deal. Discounts on the RAM classics are a joke, as you know, since it's an extremely old platform.

Darkane
01-17-2023, 03:10 PM
Are they offering 20% off the current gen RAM now? That's starting to be a decent deal. Discounts on the RAM classics are a joke, as you know, since it's an extremely old platform.

Not every dealer or every new Gen. but some.

See above.

flipstah
01-17-2023, 03:10 PM

I wanna join the party too!

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 03:15 PM
That Claresholm is listed well above MSRP, and then discounted back basically right to MSRP. It's not what it appears.

Redlined_8000
01-17-2023, 03:35 PM

https://www.legacydodgeclaresholm.com/vehicles/2022/ram/1500/taber/ab/56103170/?sale_class=new

RAM and other manufactures raised their base MSRP to offset the costs. Its not as good a deal as it looks. Even on the RAM classics they raised MSRP by 8-10K over the past couple years to offset it.

We are still 6-12 months away from deals.

94boosted
01-17-2023, 03:36 PM

Thanks for pointing that out, agree that's an important distinction.

Though I wouldn't touch a ram with a 10' pole, classic or new, so I didn't pay too much attention to the radio adds :rofl:

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 03:41 PM
RAM might be the worst of the big three, but it's still not terrible.

Buster
01-17-2023, 03:49 PM
opinion: an F-Ramerado is an F-Ramerado. Same same.

94boosted
01-17-2023, 03:52 PM
RAM might be the worst of the big three, but it's still not terrible.

5.7 Hemi, 20 year old engine with mid-pack power and torque, bottom of the pack fuel economy. They need to stick that Hurricane I6 into the RAM, then it might be worth considering. My $0.02.

rage2
01-17-2023, 03:55 PM
RAM and other manufactures raised their base MSRP to offset the costs. Its not as good a deal as it looks. Even on the RAM classics they raised MSRP by 8-10K over the past couple years to offset it.

We are still 6-12 months away from deals.
Car cost Canada has historic msrp’s for every year if you want to research how much it’s gone up.

M.alex
01-17-2023, 03:56 PM

and it still didn't sell, lol

I tried to buy a 6 speed Murcileago roadster but seller still wants almost $900k ... fucking lol.

Xtrema
01-17-2023, 03:57 PM

dirtsniffer
01-17-2023, 03:57 PM
Interior is best of the 3. engine is ancient, which could be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

Also, chrysler sucks. And a drive like a cunt anyways so I really can't drive a RAM.

edit. fucking busy thread here boys. no one feels like working on a Tuesday afternoon?

shakalaka
01-17-2023, 03:59 PM
I don't know how much of an overall crash is going to happen in the car market, but I've been following the V10 R8 market and so far it seems to have gone slightly up from the past couple of months. I was getting lowballed and the other day I met the GSM of local Audi dealer and he gave me a number which was 15K or so higher than the other dealers just last month and month before. Perhaps because this guy is Audi and others weren't and maybe that's why and perhaps only on the R8's cause now that they are discontinued everyone wants them. But essentially he has 23 orders for the 2023 version and he's only getting 6, so he's estimating the used market on them to remain strong. I came so close to unloading it last month at a low 160K number and he told me he sold an identical unit for 190K a few weeks ago. So yea I am glad I didn't get rid of mine and I plan to drive it this summer and maybe will re-visit this before the end of summer. I am eagerly waiting for the 570/Huracan market to come down cause that sort of move won't make me miss my R8 too much.

I've also been lightly following the Bronco market due to having residual interest and my order arriving soon and I am still seeing them listed for 10K over MSRP for 'in demand' trim levels. The only way I would take mine is if I see some prospect in not losing any money on it after 5-6 months when I will inevitably get bored of it and also because I am going to keep my Grand Cherokee. Definitely don't need another vehicle if it's going to be a losing proposition in a few months but if I can get my fun out of it and not lose money down the line (don't care about making a profit) then I am inclined to pick up the Bronco also.

Buster
01-17-2023, 04:03 PM
I don't know how much of an overall crash is going to happen in the car market, but I've been following the V10 R8 market and so far it seems to have gone slightly up from the past couple of months. I was getting lowballed and the other day I met the GSM of local Audi dealer and he gave me a number which was 15K or so higher than the other dealers just last month and month before. Perhaps because this guy is Audi and others weren't and maybe that's why and perhaps only on the R8's cause now that they are discontinued everyone wants them. But essentially he has 23 orders for the 2023 version and he's only getting 6, so he's estimating the used market on them to remain strong. I came so close to unloading it last month at a low 160K number and he told me he sold an identical unit for 190K a few weeks ago. So yea I am glad I didn't get rid of mine and I plan to drive it this summer and maybe will re-visit this before the end of summer. I am eagerly waiting for the 570/Huracan market to come down cause that sort of move won't make me miss my R8 too much.

those 23 people represent demand being pulled forward, not a sustainable reflection of the market.

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 04:05 PM
edit. fucking busy thread here boys. no one feels like working on a Tuesday afternoon? I just sold something to a guy in texas, that it turns out my company can't build. Apparently building it is "not my fucking business" so I'm going to take the rest of the afternoon off to look for a new job.

riander5
01-17-2023, 04:06 PM
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2021-gmc-sierra-1500-at4/m4769045?undefined

Is this a market crash? At least seems like a normal deal?

Im used to anything with an AT4 in it being 75k plus regardless of year or mileage

max_boost
01-17-2023, 04:07 PM

Haha amazing me 2 me 2 let’s do it. Group buy flipstah aha

benyl
01-17-2023, 04:45 PM

Didn't sell. Look at these comments. Dealers are just holding out for last year prices.

Buster
01-17-2023, 04:49 PM
its not a question of if, its a question of when, and how far.

I think the marginal buyer for exotic is likely retreating rapidly right now. There aren't enough DGAF people to support the exotic market at this point.

max_boost
01-17-2023, 05:14 PM
its not a question of if, its a question of when, and how far.

I think the marginal buyer for exotic is likely retreating rapidly right now. There aren't enough DGAF people to support the exotic market at this point.

You gonna upgrade the ridge line bro? :D

Buster
01-17-2023, 05:18 PM
You gonna upgrade the ridge line bro? :D

only with a new Hummer...lol.

I have an extra two spots in my garage. I'm just not that interested in cars right now. Maybe I will be in a year, but I doubt it. The car market is more interesting right now than the cars.

Tik-Tok
01-17-2023, 05:20 PM

I have an extra two spots in my garage. I'm just not that interested in cars right now. Maybe I will be in a year, but I doubt it. The car market is more interesting right now than the cars.

I thought you were getting the EValanche

Buster
01-17-2023, 05:22 PM
I thought you were getting the EValanche

That seems to be the best version of the Ultium platform, but the Hummer is the only one currently available. I dont think I would seriously consider the Hummer, as the interior seems pretty rattly and plastic to me.

94boosted
01-17-2023, 05:27 PM
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2021-gmc-sierra-1500-at4/m4769045?undefined

Is this a market crash? At least seems like a normal deal?

Im used to anything with an AT4 in it being 75k plus regardless of year or mileage

When you can get that truck brand new for that price then we'll know we're back at "normal", not with 65K km's :dunno:

Buster
01-17-2023, 05:28 PM
When you can get that truck brand new for that price then we'll know we're back at "normal", not with 65K km's :dunno:

Advert prices are not transact prices....

bjstare
01-17-2023, 09:15 PM

Why don’t you buy something old? Does it have to be new to be interesting?

e.g., S2k (I know you don’t like verts, I’m just illustrating here), e90 m3, older cayman gt4, etc etc. Assuming the market for all these type of cars comes down next year as well.

Buster
01-17-2023, 09:23 PM
Why don’t you buy something old? Does it have to be new to be interesting?

e.g., S2k (I know you don’t like verts, I’m just illustrating here), e90 m3, older cayman gt4, etc etc. Assuming the market for all these type of cars comes down next year as well.

Yeah maybe

I just have a lot going on constantly, so my sports cars just seem to sit unless I decide I need to go to Sobeys or something. So my cars just end up getting used to trundle around suburbia 8km at a time.

you&me
01-17-2023, 09:51 PM
car costs are calculated retro-actively once depreciation is crystalized.

Of course. Point being, I feel pretty good about my future depreciation calc looking forward 2 years with a brand new car - which I got into essentially for free from my previous 2 yo car - vs. sitting on an already 2 yo car that'll be 4 years old at the same end point.

Trunk money isn’t really visible to anyone but buyers and prospective buyers in a certain time window, so a very small % of people. Dumping MSRP and actual sale prices Tesla style is detrimental to previous buyers because it’s so visible. The manufacture/dealer model has been optimized so well that discounts won’t affect used market as drastic as Tesla, and keeps everyone happy.

Fair, but don't underestimate the effect of trunk money on the market... Used car managers, wholesalers and finance companies all watch any rebates (or other pricing changes) closely and adjust accordingly. Generally the rebates are shorter lived, but who knows when Tesla will monkey with MSRPs again too...

bjstare
01-17-2023, 09:55 PM
Yeah maybe

I just have a lot going on constantly, so my sports cars just seem to sit unless I decide I need to go to Sobeys or something. So my cars just end up getting used to trundle around suburbia 8km at a time.

I quite enjoyed trundling around suburbia in my S2k. Even better, I had it during early stages of covid, and I'd take a 20 min detour through springbank on my 10 min grocery shop... it made for a nice break between meetings.

Darkane
01-17-2023, 10:02 PM
That Claresholm is listed well above MSRP, and then discounted back basically right to MSRP. It's not what it appears.

Interesting. When I quick build on Ram Canada, it is the MSRP. In the mid 70s…

So what am I missing?? It certainly looks like 14k discount.

Buster
01-17-2023, 10:03 PM
I quite enjoyed trundling around suburbia in my S2k. Even better, I had it during early stages of covid, and I'd take a 20 min detour through springbank on my 10 min grocery shop... it made for a nice break between meetings.

Am s2k is better for that than most stuff you can buy today new

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 10:19 PM
Interesting. When I quick build on Ram Canada, it is the MSRP. In the mid 70s…

So what am I missing?? It certainly looks like 14k discount.

I haven't done a deep dive, but I see base price for 2022 ram sport 4x4 crew cab as $60k.

Maybe options?

ExtraSlow
01-17-2023, 10:25 PM
Actually, when I add the options I only get to $65k price.

danno
01-17-2023, 11:06 PM
I looked at few of the rams that are 61k or so. They are missing main things like leather and sunroof just from a visual check. I still havnt been able to pull the trigger on a truck, probably for the best. Rates are so high now to buy used and new prices are hopefully going to keep dropping so I’ll continue to wait.

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:07 PM
Used prices will be getting hit hard soon.

ercchry
01-17-2023, 11:13 PM
I haven't done a deep dive, but I see base price for 2022 ram sport 4x4 crew cab as $60k.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]110939[/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110940[

Maybe options?

What the Marth is going on here?

Your ram.ca prices are “net” after factory incentives meaning that MSRP is in fact much higher, which is inline with your legacy ad?

Darkane
01-17-2023, 11:17 PM
What the Marth is going on here?

Your ram.ca prices are “net” after factory incentives meaning that MSRP is in fact much higher, which is inline with your legacy ad?

Exactly.

That truck does have options. Has the stupid big screen etc.

tl:dr- Marth, marth, all the marth.

bjstare
01-17-2023, 11:28 PM
Am s2k is better for that than most stuff you can buy today new

Which is why it was Exhibit A in my case for you buying something older.

I’m eagerly awaiting used prices to come down to earth.

Buster
01-17-2023, 11:29 PM
Which is why it was Exhibit A in my case for you buying something older.

I’m eagerly awaiting used prices to come down to earth.

Oh yeah, that's what I meant. Your idea is a good one.

XylathaneGTR
01-17-2023, 11:37 PM
Oh yeah, that's what I meant. Your idea is a good one.
Possible deal: https://www.jaguarcalgary.com/used/2018-Jaguar-F_TYPE-id9046523.html

Back when the market was hothothot, I looked closely at an ftype listed at 82k (same year/trim as the linked, fewer kms, and AWD). I backed out when the salesbro lowballed me on my V90 and let it slip that he had an immediate buyer lined up to flip it. That car sold a few weeks later, and I've been lightly watching a few dealers since. Up until a few months ago they've been turning over pretty quickly, within a few weeks.

This one came in a few months ago listed at 72k, and has been sitting and slowly dropping. Either it's a huge pile (possible, since it's a jag), but seems like things have been slowing down a lot for them since last year. Edmonton has been sitting on a '19 or 20 ftypeR for a while now too.

BavarianBeast
01-17-2023, 11:45 PM
SVR or bust

BavarianBeast
01-18-2023, 12:18 AM
I wish the ram was actually better than it was 7 years ago because I’m probably due for an upgrade but am not enticed with the current models comparatively…

ExtraSlow
01-18-2023, 08:31 AM
ercchry and Darkane, holy fuck I did a Marth hard there. You are both right and I am both wrong.

npham
01-18-2023, 08:56 AM
Possible deal: https://www.jaguarcalgary.com/used/2018-Jaguar-F_TYPE-id9046523.html

Out of warranty JLR products are so damn risky. Now that there's a bit of inventory, there are options, albeit expensive ones with crazy rates (7.x% for leases).

Buster
01-18-2023, 09:08 AM
I've never been a Jag guy, myself. But that's more a matter of taste. AMG does that move better.

Tik-Tok
01-18-2023, 09:16 AM
I thought Jaaaags were only for people who lived in Airdrie.

Buster
01-18-2023, 09:19 AM
I feel like the F-type has fully taken over the Corvette. The vette still has its collection of mid lifers, but its also a decent car for a discerning car buyer.

riander5
01-18-2023, 09:31 AM

You want a brand new, AT4 (one trim down from denali) Sierra for 55k? Their website shows that trim starting at 83k MSRP but..... Give me some of what you're smoking and I'll hold out for 55k with you!

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like the F-type has fully taken over the Corvette. The vette still has its collection of mid lifers, but its also a decent car for a discerning car buyer.

What if I get a C7 corvette though...

XylathaneGTR
01-18-2023, 09:34 AM
I wasn't ever a jag guy either, but I do still think the F type is one of the best looking "attainable" cars out there, and it sounds great (even in V6 form). My wife likes it too, so that's a plus. The interior doesn't spark much joy, though, which is a bummer for me. Agree that the AMG GTS is a solid move and probably a "better" car all around - my neighbour has one and after seeing it every day this past summer, I think I still prefer the ftype looks wise.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 09:35 AM
I considered a 2019 F Type R Convertible with 17k km's a couple months ago and it was listed at 109K. A buddy of mine is thinking of pulling a trigger on one now and has been sending me links of similar options and the latest one he sent is an identical F Type R vert with 17K km's that's listed for $85K out of Ontario. That's a massive drop from only a 2 months ago for sure.

MY AMG GTS has done its rounds and I saw it ended up at a Red Deer dealership a few months ago. Not sure if they have it still or sold.

EDIT: Still there:

https://www.adrenalinexotics.com/vehicles/30/2016-mercedes-benz-amg-gt-s

I noticed initially it was listed at 120K and they dropped it. Last January when I traded it for the 911, I want to say I got somewhere around 106K-110K as trade value for it.

riander5
01-18-2023, 09:35 AM
I wish the ram was actually better than it was 7 years ago because I’m probably due for an upgrade but am not enticed with the current models comparatively…

Are you not aware it continuously wins the 'JD Power Highest Initial Quality' award? What else do you want??!?!

msommers
01-18-2023, 09:57 AM
Who cares about JD Power, can it tow 100,000 lbs for my big dick and Timmies triple-triple?

DonJuan
01-18-2023, 10:09 AM
Who cares about JD Power, can it tow 100,000 lbs for my big dick and Timmies triple-triple?

Don't forget the flat of energy drink in the back seat.

Buster
01-18-2023, 10:10 AM
I should have guessed that the announcement of this was going to be the indicator of the car market peak.

flipstah
01-18-2023, 10:14 AM
Out of warranty JLR products are so damn risky. Now that there's a bit of inventory, there are options, albeit expensive ones with crazy rates (7.x% for leases).

Just ask Kloubek

The F-Type interior leaves something to be desired and has their infotainment system improved? The worst ones I remember having tried are tied with Jag/LR + the Cadillac CUE.

ercchry
01-18-2023, 10:15 AM
I should have guessed that the announcement of this was going to be the indicator of the car market peak.

Between this and the Lambo, I personally am looking forward to the announcement of the gambler 500,000