PDA

View Full Version : Dog Lovers MEGATHREAD

Pages : [1] 2

Buster
01-17-2023, 04:12 PM
LoL!! Even worse - they made it look like you started this thread!!
:rofl:

I DID start this thread...but it had a better title before.

I'm more offended that someone would suggest I would be a dog owner. Dogs are filthy, and I am not a filthy person.

shakalaka
01-17-2023, 06:13 PM
Whoever doesn't like dogs is not even remotely trustworthy as a human as far as I am concerned. I rather have companionship of a dog over 90% of excuse for humans that walk this earth.

03ozwhip
01-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Whoever doesn't like dogs is not even remotely trustworthy as a human as far as I am concerned. I rather have companionship of a dog over 90% of excuse for humans that walk this earth.

Agreed.

Buster
01-17-2023, 08:01 PM

I limit myself to the other 10 percent exclusively, although my number is substantially smaller.

I feel bad for people who prefer dogs to people. My friends don't expect me to pick up their shit like I'm their slave. They can also carry on a conversation and have opposable thumbs.

I feel bad for people who value their time so low that a dog is their best option.

killramos
01-17-2023, 08:02 PM
I don’t dislike dogs. Dog people on the other hand.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 09:31 AM
I limit myself to the other 10 percent exclusively, although my number is substantially smaller.

I feel bad for people who prefer dogs to people. My friends don't expect me to pick up their shit like I'm their slave. They can also carry on a conversation and have opposable thumbs.

I feel bad for people who value their time so low that a dog is their best option.

I am not saying you have to own a dog, nor am I saying you need to prefer them over people. I get that dog ownership requires a significant level of selflessness and putting something else above yourself which not everyone has the ability/desire to do. But to dislike dogs in general cause 'they are filthy and you're not a filthy person', that's just a joke of a sentiment. My dog is probably cleaner, better groomed and better behaved than 90% of the humans/kids out there. Haha.

Buster
01-18-2023, 09:34 AM
If a human behaved like a dog in terms of filthiness, we wouldn't even want to see them, let alone interact with them.

Dogs are filthy and disgusting.

We're just conditioned to ignore it.

ExtraSlow
01-18-2023, 09:46 AM
What if you hate kids? asking for . . . .nevermind.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 09:48 AM
:poosie:

bjstare
01-18-2023, 09:50 AM
I am not saying you have to own a dog, nor am I saying you need to prefer them over people. I get that dog ownership requires a significant level of selflessness and putting something else above yourself which not everyone has the ability/desire to do. But to dislike dogs in general cause 'they are filthy and you're not a filthy person', that's just a joke of a sentiment. My dog is probably cleaner, better groomed and better behaved than 90% of the humans/kids out there. Haha.

I’m pretty sure you have zero concept of what kids are actually like in real life :rofl:

Buster
01-18-2023, 09:57 AM
Having three kids has taught me nothing of selflessness and putting something else above myself.

I ought to get a dog so I can learn that.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 10:06 AM
Anyone would/should do it for their own kid. That's not an achievement.

Buster
01-18-2023, 10:09 AM
Anyone would/should do it for their own kid. That's not an achievement.

No, I mean the idea that having a dog teaches you selflessness in a way that is in a comparable universe to what being a parent teaches you about being selfless.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 10:14 AM
I would say both are very similar and on some levels much harder to do/achieve when dealing with an animal vs your own flesh and blood. Also, I am not making it about having dogs vs kids and which is better and which is not - both are rewarding in their own way.

rage2
01-18-2023, 10:15 AM
I’d say take this to the dog thread but this is busters sneaker thread.

Buster
01-18-2023, 10:15 AM
you actually think owning a dog is like having a kid?

srsly dude?

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 10:22 AM
I would say in many ways - rest I will let you know in 6 months if all goes well with the our pregnancy this time.

Buster
01-18-2023, 10:25 AM
I would say in many ways - rest I will let you know in 6 months if all goes well with the our pregnancy this time.

PM'd

max_boost
01-18-2023, 11:03 AM
So is buster anti dog or just anti dog if compared to humans ?

How about cats? Meow

Buster
01-18-2023, 11:10 AM
So is buster anti dog or just anti dog if compared to humans ?

How about cats? Meow

toxoplasmosis. Gross.

JRSC00LUDE
01-18-2023, 01:39 PM
I don’t dislike dogs. Dog people on the other hand.

It's the same picture.

killramos
01-18-2023, 02:55 PM
It's the same picture.

I think dogs can serve a purpose. Dog people serve no purpose.

ganesh
01-18-2023, 03:42 PM

Fully agree.

ThePenIsMightier
01-18-2023, 04:05 PM
Man, the boss is on-fuckin-fire with the Buster thread splits!!
Golf Clap!

DonJuan
01-18-2023, 04:06 PM
Fully agree with Shak. You don't have to have a dog to be a dog person. I have no dogs, but whenever I see a friendly dog at the park and comes to me for a pat, it gets a good pat. Good doggo.

Dog people who are covered in dog hair all the time I can do without. It's called a lint roller, use it dammit.

99.9% of cats can fuk right off.

rage2
01-18-2023, 04:21 PM
Man, the boss is on-fuckin-fire with the Buster thread splits!!
Golf Clap!

killramos
01-18-2023, 04:24 PM
I think there needs to be some distinction made between

People who like dogs

And

Dog People

Buster
01-18-2023, 04:26 PM
I lost my fucking coffee and my keyboard when I saw this thread

ercchry
01-18-2023, 04:27 PM

Still untrollable? :rofl:

ExtraSlow
01-18-2023, 05:03 PM

Thoughts and prayers for Buster.

DonJuan
01-18-2023, 05:08 PM
Somebody get him a therapy dog

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 06:05 PM
:rofl:

Mega’est of Mega threads.

max_boost
01-18-2023, 06:29 PM
I think there needs to be some distinction made between

People who like dogs

And

Dog People

I like dogs

What are dog people? People who think dogs > humans? Ppl buster dislikes?

tirebob
01-18-2023, 06:42 PM

To be fair, a dog doesn't expect you to pick up his shit either... He is happy to just let you wallow in it at your own pleasure.

killramos
01-18-2023, 06:42 PM
If you have ever brought your dog into a store.

Let it ruin your neighbour’s lawn.

Given your dog a birthday party.

You are a dog person.

firebane
01-18-2023, 06:46 PM
If you have ever brought your dog into a store.

Let it ruin your neighbour’s lawn.

Given your dog a birthday party.

You are a dog person.

People at Peavey Mart love it when I bring my dog in LOL

Buster
01-18-2023, 07:14 PM
When we go on a walk it's constant piss on snow banks everywhere. Is disgusting. Dogs are filthy and dog people seem fine with filthy

Dog owners are the new smokers.

firebane
01-18-2023, 07:27 PM
When we go on a walk it's constant piss on snow banks everywhere. Is disgusting. Dogs are filthy and dog people seem fine with filthy

Says the guy who buys $700 jeans which comes with a "refresh" spray to make things smell better.

Buster
01-18-2023, 08:03 PM
Says the guy who buys $700 jeans which comes with a "refresh" spray to make things smell better.

weird comment, but thanks.

ThePenIsMightier
01-18-2023, 08:29 PM
weird comment, but thanks.

killramos
01-18-2023, 09:40 PM

The tolerance of dog people for wanton defecation is bewildering.

bjstare
01-18-2023, 09:46 PM

I think you meant that to be insulting, but it actually just bolsters the point that he likes to be fresh and clean.

Tik-Tok
01-18-2023, 09:57 PM
Spraying a "fresh scent" is the opposite of that. It's just covering up an odour and giving a false sense of clean. Unless it's bleach.

Buster
01-18-2023, 09:58 PM
I think you meant that to be insulting, but it actually just bolsters the point that he likes to be fresh and clean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2H6omchEZo

bjstare
01-18-2023, 10:19 PM
Spraying a "fresh scent" is the opposite of that. It's just covering up an odour and giving a false sense of clean. Unless it's bleach.

We’re not talking about febreze here.

Or maybe we are. Honestly, I don’t know what jean spray smells like. I assume denim.

Buster
01-18-2023, 11:13 PM
We’re not talking about febreze here.

Or maybe we are. Honestly, I don’t know what jean spray smells like. I assume denim.

Heaven.

shakalaka
01-18-2023, 11:20 PM
Honestly, I don’t know what jean spray smells like.

That is not meant for us peasants to know.

dirtsniffer
01-18-2023, 11:50 PM

I'm way behind here.. hope the pregnancy goes well!

Buuuut holy shit sacrifices for dogs vs kids aren't even in the same ball park. Heck, they're not even the same sport.

DonJuan
01-19-2023, 10:00 AM
I'm getting Buster has a Howard Hughes vibe goin on.

firebane
01-19-2023, 10:10 AM
I'm way behind here.. hope the pregnancy goes well!

Buuuut holy shit sacrifices for dogs vs kids aren't even in the same ball park. Heck, they're not even the same sport.

Lol.

Of course someone would say that about dogs vs kids.

Either you have never owned a dog or are not a dog person.

bjstare
01-19-2023, 10:14 AM
Lol.

Of course someone would say that about dogs vs kids.

Either you have never owned a dog or are not a dog person.

A person is incapable of making this assessment unless they've had both. I know this because I have two dogs and two kids.

Despite the fact that at face value there are a lot of similarities, they are indeed different sports.

firebane
01-19-2023, 10:20 AM
A person is incapable of making this assessment unless they've had both. I know this because I have two dogs and two kids.

Despite the fact that at face value there are a lot of similarities, they are indeed different sports.

Of course they are.

But too many people feel that a person can't have the same feelings towards a pet like a dog like they would a kid.

When that is completely false.

tirebob
01-19-2023, 10:28 AM

Despite the fact that at face value there are a lot of similarities, they are indeed different sports.Dogs and kids are similar in that they are both a pain in the ass... The difference though is dogs are a pain in the ass like a head cold is a pain in the ass. Kids are AIDS... They last your whole life

max_boost
01-19-2023, 10:31 AM
What will buster do when his kids bug him for a dog or 2. Is it possible buster is a dog owner or I mean his kids are haha

Buster
01-19-2023, 11:14 AM
What will buster do when his kids bug him for a dog or 2. Is it possible buster is a dog owner or I mean his kids are haha

My favorite game when we are driving is pointing out the adult human, bending over at the waist picking up a steaming pile of warm, disgusting dog feces. We laugh. It's a family activity. My kids like to hang out with other peoples' dogs. Then they remember that buying a dog is somehow choosing to forego the merits of indoor plumbing, and they are back to being savages handling steaming fucking feces, (while people drive by them laughing at them).

Do people think that turning a bag inside out so that your skin is a fraction of a millimeter away from the steaming, wormy feces, is somehow less embarrassing?

shakalaka
01-19-2023, 11:17 AM
Haha. I used to hate that part too but the positives far outweigh that one somewhat of a 'negative'.

And doing that I feel is still a lot easier and quicker than wiping a baby's poop filled butt crack and disposing nastiest smelling diapers. But we all gotta do that too.

bjstare
01-19-2023, 11:31 AM
Of course they are.

But too many people feel that a person can't have the same feelings towards a pet like a dog like they would a kid.

Too many people (without children) think the feelings they have towards a dog are the same that they would have towards their own children. Physiologically, the response is similar, but a different order of magnitude for a kid than a dog.

Anecdotally, I have yet to meet someone with experience on both sides (kids + dogs) who disagrees with that. If you have that experience, and don't agree, let me know and I'll add it to my dataset. I don't know a single dog owner that would literally give up their own life to preserve the life of their animal.

ExtraSlow
01-19-2023, 11:40 AM
You can surrender a dog.

Buster
01-19-2023, 11:40 AM
You can surrender a dog.

You can't surrender children. Ask me how I know.

Ca_Silvia13
01-19-2023, 11:57 AM
My favorite game when we are driving is pointing out the adult human, bending over at the waist picking up a steaming pile of warm, disgusting dog feces. We laugh. It's a family activity. My kids like to hang out with other peoples' dogs. Then they remember that buying a dog is somehow choosing to forego the merits of indoor plumbing, and they are back to being savages handling steaming fucking feces, (while people drive by them laughing at them).

Do people think that turning a bag inside out so that your skin is a fraction of a millimeter away from the steaming, wormy feces, is somehow less embarrassing?

Is your biggest complaint that dogs poop? I mean everybody poops my man...:confused::confused::confused:

2Legit2Quit
01-19-2023, 11:57 AM
Buster needs a dog that only poops in toilets though. Could be trained to do so, let's get Buster a dog.

Buster
01-19-2023, 12:04 PM
Is your biggest complaint that dogs poop? I mean everybody poops my man...:confused::confused::confused:

No, also that they are retarded. And humanity seems to have developed an evolutionary blindspot with respect to dog's pack instincts. They think dogs "love" them, when in fact they are just viewed as the pack alpha and a meal voucher.

"My dog loves me"

The fuck it does.

firebane
01-19-2023, 01:26 PM
No, also that they are retarded. And humanity seems to have developed an evolutionary blindspot with respect to dog's pack instincts. They think dogs "love" them, when in fact they are just viewed as the pack alpha and a meal voucher.

"My dog loves me"

The fuck it does.

Well shit we have thr Dr.Freud of dog knowledge in here.

What else can you tell us about dogs since you seem to be an expert on them and yet still know jack shit about them.

Buster
01-19-2023, 01:33 PM

What else can you tell us about dogs since you seem to be an expert on them and yet still know jack shit about them.

they cant wipe their own ass, and never will be able to. Unless it is on your carpet.

Their breath stinks.

They can't put on or take off shoes, which is a bare minimum expectation of people entering and leaving homes nowadays.

tirebob
01-19-2023, 01:35 PM

"My dog loves me"

The fuck it does.

I actually have to disagree on that part somewhat. If you are not a dog owner you have not seen what emotions happen at times. I have a dog that literally cries and gets anxiety and will not leave the side of one of my kids when they would be in a deep funk moment. Cuddle up to them, lay their paw across my kids lap and literally do everything in it's limited power to try and comfort them, and as soon as a smile come on their face the dog lights up too and starts running around happy as all get out... Understand that they do this with the one kid only and I am the dogs Alpha in the house bar none.

Craziest thing ever, but definitely dogs can feel some pretty heavy emotion towards people.

shakalaka
01-19-2023, 01:38 PM
Haha. Yup. All good reasons to not have the most unconditional, loyalty driven, protective and forever companionship and love. But we get it, you don't like dogs and I am not going to convince you otherwise, just as no one can convince me to not love them. I wish dogs had the same life spans as humans, my biggest complaint of dog ownership is how my pup won't stay with me for forever and call me a pussy but it fucking breaks my heart when I think about that.

Buster
01-19-2023, 01:42 PM
I actually have to disagree on that part somewhat. If you are not a dog owner you have not seen what emotions happen at times. I have a dog that literally cries and gets anxiety and will not leave the side of one of my kids when they would be in a deep funk moment. Cuddle up to them, lay their paw across my kids lap and literally do everything in it's limited power to try and comfort them, and as soon as a smile come on their face the dog lights up too and starts running around happy as all get out... Understand that they do this with the one kid only and I am the dogs Alpha in the house bar none.

Craziest thing ever, but definitely dogs can feel some pretty heavy emotion towards people.

The pack mentality strong, but its not "love" in the sense that humans understand it. That's just anthropomorphizing.

firebane
01-19-2023, 01:45 PM
Haha. Yup. All good reasons to not have the most unconditional, loyalty driven, protective and forever companionship and love. But we get it, you don't like dogs and I am not going to convince you otherwise, just as no one can convince me to not love them. I wish dogs had the same life spans as humans, my biggest complaint of dog ownership is how my pup won't stay with me for forever and call me a pussy but it fucking breaks my heart when I think about that.

Ours is turning 9 this year and while we know we still have a lot of time we also recognize when she passes the house is going to be very empty and quiet.

Tik-Tok
01-19-2023, 01:47 PM
Dogs absolutely love people. I don't feed our dog. I don't do dog chores. I barely ever even pet it. I provided zero services to the animal, but he whines and cries when I leave and goes absolutely apeshit happy when I get home.

So yeah, dogs are retarded, but they definitely do feel affection.

ExtraSlow
01-19-2023, 01:59 PM
What if humans don't love in the way we think either, and we ascribe more significance to the concept than is appropriate....?

gmc72
01-19-2023, 02:00 PM
What if humans don't love in the way we think either, and we ascribe more significance to the concept than is appropriate....?

Buster

This is an excellent and useful post. Feel free to elaborate.

bjstare

I likely know as much about dogs as you do. I've had several over the course of my life. I'm just saying it's impossible for someone who doesn't have kids to know what that's like. It's a reasonably straightforward concept.

ExtraSlow
01-19-2023, 02:02 PM
This is an excellent and useful post. Feel free to elaborate.

nah, kthxbye

max_boost
01-19-2023, 02:06 PM
What buster is saying is - don’t feed your dog and see how it goes lol

2Legit2Quit
01-19-2023, 02:41 PM
To be fair I do love my wife.....and she's the person who primarily feeds me....

JohnnyHockey13
01-19-2023, 02:47 PM
Funny how so many intelligent people in our culture put dogs and cats on pedestals... they're no different than most animals out there, they're food.

killramos
01-19-2023, 02:50 PM
Hongcouverite Spotted

JohnnyHockey13
01-19-2023, 03:01 PM
Hongcouverite Spotted

Don't be waycist

JRSC00LUDE
01-19-2023, 03:06 PM
Of course they are.

Oh they CAN, but there's lots of things reasonable people CAN do that they still shouldn't.

tirebob
01-19-2023, 03:14 PM
What buster is saying is - don’t feed your dog and see how it goes lolDon't feed me and see how it goes...

Seriously though, that is true of every species, human, dog or otherwise. Take away it's source of life and it will turn on you. Thinking animals can't feel emotions in a similar way (not committing to saying identical mind you) is arrogance on the humans part I think. We just need to feel superior in every way.

killramos
01-19-2023, 03:38 PM
DOGS ARE PEOPLE TOO YOU KNOW

lol

Buster
01-19-2023, 03:44 PM
Don't feed me and see how it goes...

Seriously though, that is true of every species, human, dog or otherwise. Take away it's source of life and it will turn on you. Thinking animals can't feel emotions in a similar way (not committing to saying identical mind you) is arrogance on the humans part I think. We just need to feel superior in every way.

I'm a species-ist.

DonJuan
01-19-2023, 03:44 PM

Now listen here, I don't need this at 2pm on a Thursday. Go have a depressing epiphany elsewhere. Now let me go find a large amount of chocolate to consume.

To be fair I do love my wife.....and she's the person who primarily feeds me....

Does... uh... does she ... uh primarily feed you those cinnamon buns? Very Nice :D

Xtrema
01-19-2023, 04:32 PM
Funny how so many intelligent people in our culture put dogs and cats on pedestals... they're no different than most animals out there, they're food.

and you only out to BC for how long?

Decades ago, had a friend's FOB uncle thought Dog Food as "Dog" Food. Thought it tasted bad.

shakalaka
01-19-2023, 05:00 PM
DOGS ARE PEOPLE TOO YOU KNOW

lol

No way, are you kidding? Dogs are way better than people. Haha.

JohnnyHockey13
01-19-2023, 05:24 PM
Don't feed me and see how it goes...

Found the vegan.

- - - Updated - - -

and you only out to BC for how long?

Decades ago, had a friend's FOB uncle thought Dog Food as "Dog" Food. Thought it tasted bad.

Lol seriously... there's more dog jackets per capita here than there, a LOT more.

tirebob
01-19-2023, 05:33 PM
Found the vegan.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol seriously... there's more dog jackets per capita here than there, a LOT more.

Ha! Oh god no... I eat more dead animals than most I am sure and have no qualms about preparing them in very delicious ways! That doesn't mean I can't acknowledge they don't have feelings. I just concern myself with the ones I let into my care versus the ones that taste good and must die for my sustenance and consumption.

Yes... I am a hypocrite to many lol

I'm a species-ist.

It's okay... We are all "ists" of some form or another. Just admitting it makes you more honest than most.

tirebob
01-19-2023, 05:36 PM
... Double post

sabad66
01-19-2023, 07:04 PM
I like my dog, but generally dislike other people’s dogs unless they are smaller, well behaved, don’t stink and well groomed.

I had a buddy that had 3 large mutts and every time I went to his house it was so annoying with them jumping all over you and not giving you any personal space, and the house just always had that background stink. Fuck that noise.

ExtraSlow
01-19-2023, 08:53 PM
Dog owners who's dogs jump up on guests should be shot and thier children sterilized.

killramos
01-19-2023, 08:59 PM
Dog people think that’s their furr babies being funny

haggis88
01-20-2023, 12:06 PM
In a similar vein to Tik-Tok, I have tolerate a dog that I refuse to do chores for, but he doesn't show any kind of affection toward me when coming or going. When he goes, I will literally die on the hill of not getting another one...even if it means divorce

Buster
01-20-2023, 12:08 PM
In a similar vein to Tik-Tok, I have tolerate a dog that I refuse to do chores for, but he doesn't show any kind of affection toward me when coming or going. When he goes, I will literally die on the hill of not getting another one...even if it means divorce

I stand with you brother.

ZenOps
01-30-2023, 08:07 AM
Found this infographic enlightening:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeautiful/comments/10bkfue/oc_most_distinctive_dog_names_per_new_york_borough/

Xtrema
01-30-2023, 09:39 AM

GVA is pretty much Asia and they are replacing child rearing with pets. So not surprised.

When I was in Japan, pets wore better quality clothes than me.

haggis88
02-02-2023, 01:03 PM
Buster

https://www.princessauto.com/en/jumbo-jaw-pet-scoop/product/PA0009073180

Now that we can pick up poop without bending over or putting a micron of plastic between our hands and the mutts wormy shite, does this mean we can get a dog?

-Buster's kids, probably

ThePenIsMightier
02-02-2023, 01:23 PM
Oh man - does that ever look convenient!! I mean, is it big enough? It didn't look big enough.
Maybe there's one made of depleted uranium that the dog ownee could require a wheelbarrow to take along on walks.
So convenient.

ExtraSlow
02-02-2023, 01:30 PM
"kids we are getting a dog, tonight, let's fucking go!" Buster probably

Tik-Tok
02-02-2023, 01:31 PM
Oh man - does that ever look convenient!! I mean, is it big enough? It didn't look big enough.
Maybe there's one made of depleted uranium that the dog ownee could require a wheelbarrow to take along on walks.
So convenient.

I think it's designed this large to also be used as a catapult. You want a solidly weighted end for when throwing it back at the person who didn't pick it up.