PDA

View Full Version : what causes this?

Zoom_Zoom
04-04-2004, 09:30 PM
It looks like someone blew their load in my engine. I can see white spots in my oil.

Thanks

Gonthro
04-04-2004, 09:34 PM
one of your seals is gone, its caused by the coolant getting into the oil

Ducati
04-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Gonthro is right. Water causes this.
How long has this been happening? Is the oil discoloured after a long drive where the engine has been brought up to operating temperature, or did you notice it when the engine was cold?

Zoom_Zoom
04-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Ducati
Gonthro is right. Water causes this.
How long has this been happening? Is the oil discoloured after a long drive where the engine has been brought up to operating temperature, or did you notice it when the engine was cold?

I just found out yesterday when i opened my oil cap. It was cold after sitting there all day.

Thanks for the advice guys.

*edit* she has 350*** km on it so I might as well get a new engine in it right?

Dirty_SOHC
04-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Looks like headgasket failure. I had the exact same symptoms with my engine

Gonthro
04-05-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom

I just found out yesterday when i opened my oil cap. It was cold after sitting there all day.

Thanks for the advice guys.

*edit* she has 350*** km on it so I might as well get a new engine in it right?

you dont *need* a new engine, just a (most likely) head gasket. much cheaper and easier than a new engine

Zoom_Zoom
04-05-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Dirty_SOHC
Looks like headgasket failure. I had the exact same symptoms with my engine

Thats what I was thinking.

Originally posted by Gonthro

you dont *need* a new engine, just a (most likely) head gasket. much cheaper and easier than a new engine

Well the engine has some high km on it. Instead of paying to get a new headgasket and having the engine go soon Ill just get a engine with lower km. Civic engines are easy to come by and cheap.! Thanks for the advice guys