PDA

View Full Version : 2023 WFH Poll

Pages : [1] 2

msommers
01-30-2023, 11:16 AM
My wife recently got told they need to be in the office 4 days now, 1 day can be home or office. My work is super flexible as long as you get your stuff done.

What's your schedule?

jutes
01-30-2023, 11:20 AM
Where is the poll?

No WFH here, I'd prefer to be "at" work anyway. Then again I don't have much of a commute so individual situations vary.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
01-30-2023, 11:20 AM
I’ve never been able to WFH but fiancé was told to be in the office 5 days a week from now on, she’s not happy about it.

Xtrema
01-30-2023, 11:22 AM
Trend tends to be going back to office more if not full time. Unless you are backed by an union.

suntan
01-30-2023, 11:29 AM
Costco back to retirees in the weeknight daytimes.

DonJuan
01-30-2023, 11:31 AM
I can WFH if needed to but expected to be in the office. Example, tomorrow I have contractor coming to give estimate so I'm gonna WFH for half day.

Wife is also full time office also, but can WFH if sick. Even though all her meetings are electronic they still want people in the office.

killramos
01-30-2023, 11:41 AM
lol. WFH is basically a meme now

Tik-Tok
01-30-2023, 11:45 AM
I’ve never been able to WFH but fiancé was told to be in the office 5 days a week from now on, she’s not happy about it.

Same with mine. She got upset at me when I asked her if she seriously expected to be hybrid working the rest of her life, lol.

I honestly can't pretend to have much sympathy.

jutes
01-30-2023, 11:50 AM
Aren't we in a climate emergency where reducing carbon emissions is priority over anything else? Removing a % of vehicles off the road everyday through a hybrid WFH could make carbon taxes pointless.....

gmc72
01-30-2023, 11:52 AM
Company decided to go full WFH this year. Office space has been let go, and everything is done over Teams/One Drive.

mr2mike
01-30-2023, 11:55 AM
I assume anyone wfh at this point is a wannabe civil servant or is backed by a union.

msommers
01-30-2023, 12:04 PM
I assume anyone wfh at this point is a wannabe civil servant or is backed by a union.

By and large I think that's true, lots of folks have been instructed to go back months ago. We're a small consulting company and the bosses enjoy WFH so must of us do as well (especially in the winter, no commute ftw).

I've heard of some companies scaling down so far as to renting hot-desking space if you need/want to not work from home.

shakalaka
01-30-2023, 12:07 PM
I voted too quickly. Should have voted on the 'flexibility' option as it is up to me whether I go to the office or not but I myself prefer to work from the office everyday. Been doing that the entire time through COVID as well.

ExtraSlow
01-30-2023, 12:12 PM
FT WFW since June 2020. Except when I don't feel like it, then whatever the fuck I want. Same as last 10 years.

Brent.ff
01-30-2023, 12:13 PM
Non-O&G private EPC, WFH 3 days a week. Much enjoyment.

cet
01-30-2023, 12:14 PM
I have complete flexibility. Can go in to the office if I want or work from home if I want. I'm on the phone a lot and that would be difficult if others in the office were on the phone at the same time. I also travel 30-40% of the time, so I'm either travelling or at home.

bjstare
01-30-2023, 12:17 PM
I voted complete flexibility. My company doesn’t mandate office time, and never has. In the 6 years I’ve been here, we’ve only had enough office space for ~30% of our local workforce, as we mostly work from our clients offices. Previously this meant a lot of time on the plane.

Now even though some of our clients are back in office, very few mandate our local presence. Usually we go by exception, so I’ll spend 1/4-1/6 weeks at a client office (basically go when I think it’s value add). Covid helped them learn they can get all the same value from us without spending an extra $3k per week per person.

Thaco
01-30-2023, 12:19 PM
i have flexibility, i can do basically everything remotely.

but our office is moving next month, and they are only leasing half the space they need and adopting a 50/50 policy for the majority of the staff, saves them on real estate.

ThePenIsMightier
01-30-2023, 12:21 PM
I'm expected in the office 2-3 days per week. About half the days that I'm expected in, there is a good reason and it makes sense.
I'm fine with it, but I wish parking was cheaper downtown. The full parkades after about 09:30 can also blow me. WtF is that about?! Jimmy Short, Brookfield, BVS I'm looking your way.

suntan
01-30-2023, 12:27 PM
If you're okay with walking a bit Pacific Parkade is probably the cheapest one that's on the +15 network. $14/day last time I checked.

riander5
01-30-2023, 12:38 PM
5 days a week, startup, only 7 employees so any major WFH wouldn't fly

DonJuan
01-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Aren't we in a climate emergency where reducing carbon emissions is priority over anything else? Removing a % of vehicles off the road everyday through a hybrid WFH could make carbon taxes pointless.....

Oil company. I'm sure if they could mandate everyone drive Hellcats they would.

ExtraSlow
01-30-2023, 01:06 PM
Emergency? Humanity had never has such a benign and safe climate in the history of our species.

jwslam
01-30-2023, 01:30 PM
Costco back to retirees in the weeknight daytimes.
herro, do you englush?

ThePenIsMightier
01-30-2023, 01:33 PM
Emergency? Humanity had never has such a benign and safe climate in the history of our species.

*Dox'd
*Removed from APEGA
*Named in The Peg
*pegged

mr2mike
01-30-2023, 01:41 PM
I'm fine with it, but I wish parking was cheaper downtown. The full parkades after about 09:30 can also blow me. WtF is that about?! Jimmy Short, Brookfield, BVS I'm looking your way.
Looking for parking at 9:30?!
Which retailer u at?

jutes
01-30-2023, 01:43 PM
The full parkades after about 09:30 can also blow me.

We call that a soup kitchen. Thanks for the F shack - dirty mike and the boys.

taemo
01-30-2023, 01:51 PM
We still have the option of WFH 2 days a week, nice during winter but comes May, I told my team I dont mind coming to the office every day so that I can bike to work.

suntan
01-30-2023, 01:53 PM
herro, do you englush?

I very fine engrish

vengie
01-30-2023, 02:22 PM
Pretty flexible to do whatever we want.

That said I work from the office 95-100% of the time, even during Vid2020-present.
I prefer the office, plus the commute lets me reset the mind while I travel home to family... until I WFH all evening :rofl:...:(

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-30-2023, 02:24 PM

FT WFH - Not a civil servant, not a union.

ThePenIsMightier
01-30-2023, 02:25 PM
Looking for parking at 9:30?!
Which retailer u at?

I got 2 part-time jobs so I'm split between Woodward's and Fuddruckers.

schurchill39
01-30-2023, 02:33 PM
My company made their hybrid pilot program permanent in the fall so we are 3 days a week at the office and the other two from home on a set schedule. That being said, my boss is super flexible so if we have stuff like sick kids or contractors he doesn't care. I try to stick to the 3 days a week and if I stay at home on one of the office days for what ever reason I will usually try to go in on one of the WFH days.

I think it works great and saves me a ton of commuting time. The only shit part is that before my wife and I would have somewhat offsetting schedules now we are completely overlapped so I get to hear her talk-yell for her teams meetings.

Xtrema
01-30-2023, 03:09 PM

Some companies able to make the transition to wfh too and able to save a buck. And there are some WFH even before pandemic so nothing changed for those guys.

End of the day, commercial RE will still get a hit as we will never reach pre-pandemic level of occupancy.

but our office is moving next month, and they are only leasing half the space they need and adopting a 50/50 policy for the majority of the staff, saves them on real estate.

Office Hoteling and Hot Desking is now a thing after we all laugh at IBM who did it like a decade+ ago. But I just have to question what's the point if your team members ain't within earshot and you have to ping them on Teams anyway. A lot of shit get done/resolve quicker when you can just yell over the cube or just walk over.

D'z Nutz
01-30-2023, 03:11 PM
We still have the option of WFH 2 days a week, nice during winter but comes May, I told my team I dont mind coming to the office every day so that I can bike to work.

Yeah that's pretty much like me.

At the moment we're still only asked to come in once a week, but we've been told to expect it to officially ramp up to three days a week soon. However since I prefer to go into the office, I'm pretty much there all week, except for days when it's too cold/snowy for me to bike into work or I have an appointment in the middle of the day. One of the big motivators for me to go in, even when I don't need to, is to get a bike ride in haha

sabad66
01-30-2023, 03:52 PM
Company policy is 3 office 2 home but not really enforced consistently. I personally do mon-Thursday office and Fridays home because way less distractions in the office (young kids at home). With my team I tell them to do their best to make it in 3 days but I won’t be enforcing it as long as they get their work done.

I know some other departments have started enforcing it heavily including sending out badge swipe reports to each director weekly but thankfully hasn’t hit us (yet).

msommers
01-30-2023, 03:57 PM
A lot of shit get done/resolve quicker when you can just yell over the cube or just walk over.

Agreed. Even if it's the same action as calling or messaging someone on Teams, there's definitely community and togetherness when you can pop by someone's office. Personally, it just feels different and less isolating.

The flip side is this can devolve into shooting the shit for 45 minutes.

suntan
01-30-2023, 03:57 PM
Agreed. Even if it's the same action as calling or messaging someone on Teams, there's definitely community and togetherness when you can pop by someone's office. Personally, it just feels different and less isolating.

I see no downsides.

Not sure using IBM as an example is a good thing lol.

Manhattan
01-30-2023, 04:23 PM
End of the day, commercial RE will still get a hit as we will never reach pre-pandemic level of occupancy.

Never say never. Market is a great allocator. We probably won't see as many new commercial developments/towers in the next 10 years as in the past 10 but existing buildings will eventually fill up as the city and existing and new businesses grow. Nice thing about DT commercial real estate is the irreplaceable location. Might see more conversions into residential & hotels if commercial is slower to pick up but it should get sorted out esp if we see another extended oil boom.

WFH is the lingering topic we'll be talking about for the next 20 yrs like post 9/11 TSA/security and there isn't a tidy solution.

Manhattan
01-30-2023, 04:28 PM
Quick add to the last point - whereas TSA/airport security became a necessary evil that impaired travel for everyone I think WFH is a big net positive except for the people who don't have it becoming envious of those who do.

killramos
01-30-2023, 04:41 PM
WFH seems significantly more beneficial to employees than it does to employers.

People seem to have quite a blind spot to that detail.

You know what they say about people who like to have their cake and eat it too…

Xtrema
01-30-2023, 04:51 PM

Shooting the shit is good.

But I don't miss meaningless meetings where I am held hostage for 60mins for may be 5min of participation needed. Online, I can keep doing my things until my involvement is needed.

I see no downsides.

Not sure using IBM as an example is a good thing lol.

I also see no down side. It's hard to integrate new people in the team without shooting the shit.

Not saying IBM did it right but seeing a lot of companies following them anyway.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-30-2023, 07:22 PM
WFH seems significantly more beneficial to employees than it does to employers.

People seem to have quite a blind spot to that detail.

You know what they say about people who like to have their cake and eat it too…

RE costs? Hardware costs, depending on the situation? Larger pool of employees without paying relocation costs?

bigbadboss101
01-30-2023, 07:29 PM
Started a new contract second week of January. Went to the office to meet the client and we actually quite like the location and office. We are working from home FT. My wife prefers it if I am not home all the time :-)

killramos
01-30-2023, 07:29 PM
Peanuts

suntan
01-30-2023, 07:39 PM
RE costs? Hardware costs, depending on the situation? Larger pool of employees without paying relocation costs?
Every shitty home router is an intrusion point. No, VPN doesn’t help. I’m always surprised how flippantly this extremely serious issue is dealt with.

suntan
01-30-2023, 08:09 PM
Shooting the shit is good.

But I don't miss meaningless meetings where I am held hostage for 60mins for may be 5min of participation needed. Online, I can keep doing my things until my involvement is needed.I just tell other attendees I'm leaving.

I also see no down side. It's hard to integrate new people in the team without shooting the shit.

Not saying IBM did it right but seeing a lot of companies following them anyway.

It's the employees that bear the brunt in these situations.

sabad66
01-30-2023, 09:58 PM
Every shitty home router is an intrusion point. No, VPN doesn’t help. I’m always surprised how flippantly this extremely serious issue is dealt with.

Srs question - How do you figure that VPN doesn’t help? I’m not a networking guy but my layman understanding is that traffic is encrypted so even if someone is watching all packets, it’s basically gibberish/useless to them.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-30-2023, 11:06 PM
For the time being, 2-3 days in the office per week. That's policy, but there's a handful of folks that decided to be full-time WFH because COVID is scary and nobody in management seems to give a shit. I usually go in whatever 2 days the wife needs to be in-office as we carpool but don't feel bad about skipping a day here or there.

ShermanEF9
01-30-2023, 11:20 PM
My team has always been, and will always be WFH.

Xtrema
01-31-2023, 12:09 AM
Srs question - How do you figure that VPN doesn’t help? I’m not a networking guy but my layman understanding is that traffic is encrypted so even if someone is watching all packets, it’s basically gibberish/useless to them.

There is a brief time when you are home network and before VPN loaded that's vulnerable.

Same reason we give everyone 4G modem to work remotely instead connecting to hotel/starbucks wifi.

Once VPN established, there may be some services where VPN client may still allow to route thru your home network. For example, youtube and certain social media networks and Teams etc, so those traffic won't be wasting bandwidth.

Xtrema
01-31-2023, 12:21 AM

RE cost isn't much in Calgary. I think Calgary still have the lowest office cost in the country due to vacancies.

If you throw furniture into RE, hardware won't be much different. If anything IT cost increased due to IT Sec and remote support cost increase to safely supporting WFH.

Larger pool of employee to pull from? Sure but I think it's working the opposite way. I think more Calgarians working on east coast job remotely than the other way around.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-31-2023, 07:28 AM
RE cost isn't much in Calgary. I think Calgary still have the lowest office cost in the country due to vacancies.

If you throw furniture into RE, hardware won't be much different. If anything IT cost increased due to IT Sec and remote support cost increase to safely supporting WFH.

Larger pool of employee to pull from? Sure but I think it's working the opposite way. I think more Calgarians working on east coast job remotely than the other way around.

That's my case. I'm a Calgary employee working for an EST company. I can't go into the office, because there isn't one. But I'm also not connecting to anything that I would need a VPN for anyways.

spike98
01-31-2023, 07:37 AM
I WFH daily until 10am and on days where nothing critical going on. Its a real good hybrid solution as i get to have breakfast with the kids and run a quick errand on my way in if need be. I try to limit WFH outside of the morning as a lot of my work is more coherent when i am F2F with the folks i am meeting.

gmc72
01-31-2023, 09:03 AM
That's my case. I'm a Calgary employee working for an EST company. I can't go into the office, because there isn't one. But I'm also not connecting to anything that I would need a VPN for anyways.

I'm the exact same.

And no, it's not a government job.

Xtrema
01-31-2023, 10:23 AM
I'm the exact same.

And no, it's not a government job.

They are so short out there because anyone good are also working from home but for US companies instead of Canadian ones. WFH is causing a lot of brain drain.

ExtraSlow
01-31-2023, 10:29 AM
So east coast canandians are smarter than Albertans I guess?

dirtsniffer
01-31-2023, 10:30 AM
you know what grinds my gears. when people with a flexible work schedule commute on company time. I don't care that you checked your email at 8 before you left to commute for a half hour at 9. Be fucking available during business hours.

edit.
was just catching up on the thread and would you look at that

I WFH daily until 10am and on days where nothing critical going on. Its a real good hybrid solution as i get to have breakfast with the kids and run a quick errand on my way in if need be. I try to limit WFH outside of the morning as a lot of my work is more coherent when i am F2F with the folks i am meeting.

ThePenIsMightier
01-31-2023, 10:35 AM
you know what grinds my gears. when people with a flexible work schedule commute on company time. I don't care that you checked your email at 8 before you left to commute for a half hour at 9. Be fucking available during business hours.

Holy fuck - I tried so hard to get a guy fired from my last job for doing that, and the prick Dept Head simply wouldn't do it.
The guy was milking that the company wouldn't pay for his electronic P.Eng stamp so he would "need to go to office to stamp" and his journey there was straight out of that cable guy from South Park. I fuckin swear he would stop for lunch, go bowling and have a siesta. He wouldn't even stay at work after stamping so it just added so so much time and was so glaringly obvious what he was doing.

So instead of firing him, they bought his e-stamp... Well done!

Xtrema
01-31-2023, 11:00 AM
So east coast canandians are smarter than Albertans I guess?

After my cousin in Calgary joined a Quebec tech company in the east 2 years ago, almost everyone quit and works for US companies that he's left holding the bag. lol.

Another cousin who work for IESO also faced massive quitting wave after management force them back to office in 2022. Again, most rather take contracts from US companies and stay at home.

So really depends where your talent pool is, WFH may actually increase cost because it's easier for top people to get top pay. Who knows if this will slowly balance out in 2023.

suntan
01-31-2023, 11:04 AM
Works at utility.

Top talent.

Pick one.

killramos
01-31-2023, 11:05 AM
:rofl:

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-31-2023, 11:05 AM
Works at utility.

Top talent.

Pick one.

Every company needs a few suntans to balance out the top talent.

suntan
01-31-2023, 11:23 AM

I... am... job...

Swank
01-31-2023, 03:13 PM

Picking up/dropping kids and car appointments on company time have sky rocketed here since WFH, people will even join meetings from the dealership or parked at daycare, zero attempts to at least hide the dishonesty.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-31-2023, 03:22 PM
If you're still attending the meeting from a dealership, I don't see the issue. I've seen execs/upper management pull that long before covid.

suntan
01-31-2023, 03:23 PM
Oh good, does that mean plebs get to take calls while they're on vacation?

killramos
01-31-2023, 03:26 PM
Lol WFH is such dogfuckery

Swank
01-31-2023, 03:33 PM
If you're still attending the meeting from a dealership, I don't see the issue. I've seen execs/upper management pull that long before covid.

They're not working while commuting to/from these places on company time. And I don't care, I just find it comical how suddenly they think it's OK.

killramos
01-31-2023, 03:39 PM
Give people an inch and they take a mile.

Brent.ff
01-31-2023, 04:02 PM
Holy fuck - I tried so hard to get a guy fired from my last job for doing that, and the prick Dept Head simply wouldn't do it.
The guy was milking that the company wouldn't pay for his electronic P.Eng stamp so he would "need to go to office to stamp" and his journey there was straight out of that cable guy from South Park. I fuckin swear he would stop for lunch, go bowling and have a siesta. He wouldn't even stay at work after stamping so it just added so so much time and was so glaringly obvious what he was doing.

So instead of firing him, they bought his e-stamp... Well done!

We had a guy who would "sign on at 7", drive in at 9, then workout from 2-4, and head home. Attempting to get any collaborative work done was fucking impossible. if you sent him a message between 2 and 4 he'd call you from the treadmill. was nuts.

WFH is great, till it isnt. I enjoy not having to spend part of my day in traffic, so i'm going to make the most of it while i can

ThePenIsMightier
01-31-2023, 04:31 PM
Give people an inch and they take a mile.

So that's how my one nut got swollen!

Thaco
01-31-2023, 04:37 PM

edit.

i've worked through my 1 hour unpaid lunch for the past 10 years because of people who don't know how to recognise working hours, sure as shit i am going to take advantage of it now that i have the opportunity

mrsingh
01-31-2023, 04:46 PM
Work at a producer, 3 days in the office minimum. It is surprising how many people seem to think that is optional...

ExtraSlow
01-31-2023, 04:56 PM
The inability to manage an employees output has been a problem for decades. Now it appears we cannot even manage thier location. #leshockedface

I've basically set my own hours for 20 years. When my kids were little I liked to work a shorter day and make it up 7-9pm, which was actually really handy for the field crews.
Highly motivated and engaged employees will always get the work done. If they aren't, finding a way to have them sit in a chair an extra couple hours isn't going to do shit.

spike98
01-31-2023, 04:59 PM

edit.

I find there are two people that take exception to hybrid work from home situations. First type, is people that take exception for literally anything that isn't the norm. Think, Karen. These type would benefit from asking questions first before passing judgement. The second type, are the people that dont have the option available. This can be for many reasons. Jealousy and/or insecurity are usually the top ones.

For my personal situation, i work (like actual work) more than the average joe at various hours as the job demands. Its certainly more than a simple 8 hour day. I am at my home office at 6am sharp with a coffee usually starting with emails/calls. The maybe 45 to an hour in the morning where i sit and have breakfast with my family is the only time until dinner at 6pm when i am off the clock (even still, this often changes).

At the end of the day, WFH really is situational and the only opinion that matters to me is the one that signs my bonus cheque.

mr2mike
01-31-2023, 06:53 PM

I just imagine Suntan is Jian Yang on Silicon Valley.

Brent.ff
01-31-2023, 07:07 PM
I find there are two people that take exception to hybrid work from home situations. First type, is people that take exception for literally anything that isn't the norm. Think, Karen. These type would benefit from asking questions first before passing judgement. The second type, are the people that dont have the option available. This can be for many reasons. Jealousy and/or insecurity are usually the top ones.

Ramos? Is that you? I’m leaning that it’s the latter

bjstare
01-31-2023, 07:19 PM
Highly motivated and engaged employees will always get the work done. If they aren't, finding a way to have them sit in a chair an extra couple hours isn't going to do shit.

This x100. I think killramos is jaded by his experience working with dog fuckers, perhaps.

I don’t work with dog fuckers, and I can’t think of a single person in my close network at my company that hasn’t become more productive since wfh started.

killramos
01-31-2023, 07:22 PM
I’m jaded by the human condition.

Everyone thinks they are the exception to the rule. They typically aren’t.

bjstare
01-31-2023, 07:25 PM
I’m jaded by the human condition.

Everyone thinks they are the exception to the rule. They typically aren’t.

Ya that’s fair. And I think most people have a tendency to turn into a lazy pile if they aren’t constantly being pushed/if there are no repercussions.

suntan
01-31-2023, 07:32 PM
I just imagine Suntan is Jian Yang on Silicon Valley.

Accurate, I’m probably more shady.

Darkane
01-31-2023, 07:49 PM
I find it awesome how so many people don’t understand payroll fraud. Lol

If you’re driving, getting kids, blah blah.

But look, I get it. Truly, and empathize - but how the hell can we continue without being accountable here?

Did people leave to go get their kids like 10 years ago? Of course not! They paid for before and after school care, right!

Covid was a big pay raise to a lot of people - who no longer pay for this care, or it’s greatly reduced - and who may or may not understand they’re committing payroll and timesheet fraud.

Interesting thing, the modern workplace.

killramos
01-31-2023, 08:09 PM
I’m fascinated by how much people hate doing housework that everyone decided they just want to get careers instead so they can pay other people to do their housework but now everyone wants to do their careers exclusively at home because that will make all their problems go away.

Kg810
01-31-2023, 08:26 PM
Lol WFH or completely in the office doesn't matter when the issue is you have shitty coworkers.

The idiots who abuse WFH are going to be the same ones who go for a 20km run at lunch / 2 hour workout then shower and jerk off in the shower for another 2 hours and the moment they get back to their desk they are off to their 6th Starbucks or Timmy's break.

ExtraSlow
01-31-2023, 08:35 PM
How long is it okay to jerk off in the work showers? Asking for SKR.

npham
01-31-2023, 08:45 PM
I’m fascinated by how much people hate doing housework that everyone decided they just want to get careers instead so they can pay other people to do their housework but now everyone wants to do their careers exclusively at home because that will make all their problems go away.

The cleaners just work around your meetings or I sit in the kitchen for 15 minutes while they clean my office. My "free" time is definitely worth more to me, so I hire this work out.

ThePenIsMightier
01-31-2023, 08:58 PM
How long is it okay to jerk off in the work showers? Asking for SKR.

Single click to join "Teams Meeting":

suntan
01-31-2023, 10:02 PM
Lol WFH or completely in the office doesn't matter when the issue is you have shitty coworkers.

The idiots who abuse WFH are going to be the same ones who go for a 20km run at lunch / 2 hour workout then shower and jerk off in the shower for another 2 hours and the moment they get back to their desk they are off to their 6th Starbucks or Timmy's break.

Did you really have co-workers like that in the office? Because I have certainly never seen that sort of egregious behaviour ever.

schurchill39
01-31-2023, 10:57 PM
Did you really have co-workers like that in the office? Because I have certainly never seen that sort of egregious behaviour ever.

I definitely have had co-workers like this. Most notably we this one guy would be gone from 1-3 every day working out because "thats when the gym was the quietest". He was part of a group of guys who were a strict 8-4 type of people and wouldn't answer an email a minute outside of that. Because the gym was at the office he considered it working as he could answer messages between sets.

I'm with most people here that think a dog fucker is a dog fucker regardless if they are in an office or at home, the dog fuckery just takes different forms depending on location.

ThePenIsMightier
01-31-2023, 11:03 PM
No one remembers smokers?!

WfH I can have two cigars, a 1hr lunch and still get 45min of work done!

suntan
01-31-2023, 11:11 PM
I definitely have had co-workers like this. Most notably we this one guy would be gone from 1-3 every day working out because "thats when the gym was the quietest". He was part of a group of guys who were a strict 8-4 type of people and wouldn't answer an email a minute outside of that. Because the gym was at the office he considered it working as he could answer messages between sets.

I'm with most people here that think a dog fucker is a dog fucker regardless if they are in an office or at home, the dog fuckery just takes different forms depending on location.
Wow.

Well I guess dog fucking is the new normal.

mr2mike
02-01-2023, 07:03 AM
What time do wfh'ers login?
I'm certain it's not 6am like when I was wfh. Probably later and later the longer it goes on.

Know a coworker that fully renovated his home during covid. Surprise, no one could get him on the phone when they called. He always did the call back. Almost hilarious.
We would be and still are dicks to him at work.
#adultbullying

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-01-2023, 08:18 AM

I absolutely have. I've had coworkers that would put 15min of work into an 8 hour day, "working" at their desk all day long.

Thaco
02-01-2023, 08:24 AM
What time do wfh'ers login?
I'm certain it's not 6am like when I was wfh. Probably later and later the longer it goes on.

Know a coworker that fully renovated his home during covid. Surprise, no one could get him on the phone when they called. He always did the call back. Almost hilarious.
We would be and still are dicks to him at work.
#adultbullying

WFH i am always "OOO/available" whenever i am awake but outside of core hours, i have teams and email on my phone and my personal computer, however i am selective as to what i respond to/action.

g-m
02-01-2023, 08:50 AM
We've been office 5 days a week since Oct 2021. I can't understand how anyone would think wfh is as productive and anyone who does is just lying to themselves. It's not strictly the deliverable work, there's the whole team and friends thing plus being able to quickly have a face to face chat.

Like my wife says, there are tons of great things about wfh, none of which are beneficial to the employer.

Brent.ff
02-01-2023, 08:54 AM
I can ignore engineers easier = more productive

LilDrunkenSmurf
02-01-2023, 08:57 AM
I don't have people constantly walking in on me asking me to fix their shit, and I can do my actual work = more productive.

Tik-Tok
02-01-2023, 09:17 AM
All you guys have some REALLY shitty co-workers, lol.

In my 20 years of career, I've never worked with anyone anywhere close as bad as what's described in this thread. The worst offender was a guy who never worked overtime, but when he was full tilt during a normal work hours.

Xtrema
02-01-2023, 09:28 AM

Yep, plenty. Then there are those with smoke breaks that are basically gone 15min every hour.

I don't have people constantly walking in on me asking me to fix their shit, and I can do my actual work = more productive.

Typical tech/engineering experience. My friend lost his shit when he was basically doing all the works of his younger less experience co-workers.