PDA

View Full Version : Experience with B-Pro Auto JDM?

Pages : [1] 2

S-FLY
02-02-2023, 06:06 PM
I'm looking at importing a JDM vehicle and there's a local guy (B-Pro Auto JDM) who seems pretty popular for importing vehicles. I e-mailed to find out more information and did get a response back with some links. I didn't get all my questions answered so tried phoning but it went to voicemail. The guy texted me back so I asked a few questions (mostly around how to get started, how the deposit works and what happens to my deposit if I don't find the vehicle I'm looking for). I get ghosted. I text a few days later and call, no response. I'm wondering if this is a red flag and I should just steer clear. I wanted to deal with them because they're local but if the guy doesn't call or text you back then I don't see any advantage in using a local company.

Anyone have any experience with this company?

haggis88
02-02-2023, 07:22 PM
I'm looking at importing a JDM vehicle and there's a local guy (B-Pro Auto JDM) who seems pretty popular for importing vehicles. I e-mailed to find out more information and did get a response back with some links. I didn't get all my questions answered so tried phoning but it went to voicemail. The guy texted me back so I asked a few questions (mostly around how to get started, how the deposit works and what happens to my deposit if I don't find the vehicle I'm looking for). I get ghosted. I text a few days later and call, no response. I'm wondering if this is a red flag and I should just steer clear. I wanted to deal with them because they're local but if the guy doesn't call or text you back then I don't see any advantage in using a local company.

Anyone have any experience with this company?

He's very active on instagram so it's surprising he doesn't respond to phonecalls and texts

I know a few guys who used him and said it was plain sailing and he was very helpful

S-FLY
02-02-2023, 08:47 PM
Speak of the devil. He just phoned. As it turns out, he's vacationing right now in Hawaii. I'm going to use him for this import and see how it goes. I'll report back about my experience.

03ozwhip
02-02-2023, 09:24 PM
Speak of the devil. He just phoned. As it turns out, he's vacationing right now in Hawaii. I'm going to use him for this import and see how it goes. I'll report back about my experience.

It's Brian? I've never personally used him but I've heard nothing but good things. He's imported alot for friends of mine over the last at least 10 years

mr2mike
02-03-2023, 10:27 AM
Have heard good thing.
I'm sure there's a ton of tire kickers so he has to filter somehow.

DonJuan
02-03-2023, 10:29 AM
Have only heard good things. A friend of mine has used them for a 4 Japanese vehicles. I cruise his auction links from time to time.

G-ZUS
02-03-2023, 10:31 AM
Have only heard good things. A friend of mine has used them for a 4 Japanese vehicles. I cruise his auction links from time to time.

link to his auction links?

Darkane
02-03-2023, 10:35 AM
Would be interested in a 2008 Type R. Cool cars

DonJuan
02-03-2023, 11:00 AM
https://b-pro.ca/jdm-auction/

Username and Pass on this page of his website.

"We have two portals to the main Japanese car auctions, each with their own strengths for accessing current auction listings, some historical sales data and dealer stock:

http://auction.b-pro.ca/ user: japanese password: imports
(no caps, no spaces)

http://bids.b-pro.ca/ same credentials

http://yahoo.b-pro.ca/ private and dealer auctions, less popular compared to the above 2."

riander5
02-03-2023, 11:30 AM
Nice! I want a DC5 type R

S-FLY
02-03-2023, 05:46 PM
Thanks all for the responses! I put down my deposit yesterday, so I'll update on my experience as we move along.

shakalaka
02-04-2023, 12:03 PM
Are you looking at something specific and using them to source you it, or something they had already listed that’s getting imported?

riander5
02-04-2023, 10:57 PM
What the hell did you buy?!

(Can't believe no one has asked)

bjstare
02-05-2023, 12:01 AM
Also interested in what he bought.

We’re getting to the point where there’s some pretty cool cars we can import from Japan land now. Lhd euro cars, specifically.

I saw a W12 touareg (already landed) listed for low $30s… super cool. I mean, I’d never buy it, but very cool.

riander5
02-05-2023, 12:16 AM

We’re getting to the point where there’s some pretty cool cars we can import from Japan land now. Lhd euro cars, specifically.

I saw a W12 touareg (already landed) listed for low $30s… super cool. I mean, I’d never buy it, but very cool.

100% - Straight Pipes guys got a LHD E63 Wagon which was pretty sweet

ExtraSlow
02-05-2023, 06:23 AM
Lhd E63?

haggis88
02-05-2023, 08:27 AM

There was a nice W8 Passat that went through the auction last week...I hate VWAG cars but that's on the list of about 5 that I would have, as well as the V10 Disease-al Touareg

Neil4Speed
02-05-2023, 08:39 PM
There was a nice W8 Passat that went through the auction last week...I hate VWAG cars but that's on the list of about 5 that I would have, as well as the V10 Disease-al Touareg

We should be able to get the Audi Q7 this year with the 6.0-litre V12 produces 500bhp and 737lb ft of torque.

Proyecto2000
02-05-2023, 09:45 PM
I messaged Brian this morning to get a JDM LHD summer toy as well. So glad to see this thread and that he is recommended!

DonJuan
02-06-2023, 09:51 AM
There is a tempting 2008 S8 V10 on there now in the best colour... black.
Also
2006 XJR listed as and XJ6, in Hannibal Lecter black
2005 CL55 listed as a CL500 in black.

All I need is a 6 car garage.

S-FLY
02-06-2023, 10:22 AM
What the hell did you buy?!

(Can't believe no one has asked)

Bought a Kei truck! Got an HA7 Honda Acty mini truck to boot around town and for utility. Can't wait!

There is a tempting 2008 S8 V10 on there now in the best colour... black.
All I need is a 6 car garage.

I feel ya. I'd settle for a 3 car with a lift on the single side.

haggis88
02-06-2023, 12:58 PM
Bought a Kei truck! Got an HA7 Honda Acty mini truck to boot around town and for utility. Can't wait!

Always wanted one of these!

DonJuan
02-06-2023, 01:22 PM
These Kei trucks are really cool. I see a guy around my work with a Suzuki(?) turbo and 4wd with a tray in the back. I think he has a little lift on it and some huge 15" rims.

S-FLY
02-06-2023, 03:18 PM
I'm super excited to get it and try it out. It's also my first JDM RHD. There's something intriguing to me about a small minimalist utility vehicle.
I'll probably make a YouTube video or two of my adventures and maybe throw a roof top tent on it and take it camping. Seems like the possibilities are endless, lots of cool things you can do with them.

shakalaka
02-06-2023, 06:45 PM
jdmconnection.ca is another good source and reliable importer. Will is I think his name (not sure). I have spoken to both B-Pro and JDMConnection at some point and they both seem pretty good.

If you want options for cars that are already landed and no waiting time then check out velocitycars.ca in BC. They have lots of inventory for the most part, but I find their prices are easily marked up 20% or so as compared to when importing something yourself through the other guys.

Pauly Boy
02-07-2023, 09:13 AM
Lhd E63?

Right? I just got all hot and bothered.

Disoblige
02-07-2023, 09:34 AM
I can only imagine the amount of flakes and lowballers these guys have to deal with on a daily basis. I commend them keeping sane above it all, lol.

riander5
02-07-2023, 10:30 AM
He got an f'in nice one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AkAabVvTM

Neil4Speed
02-07-2023, 11:48 AM
I can only imagine the amount of flakes and lowballers these guys have to deal with on a daily basis. I commend them keeping sane above it all, lol.

Totally, this must the equivalent of selling cell phones on Kijiji, a bunch of High school dreamers. Although, must be better now.

DonJuan
02-07-2023, 11:57 AM
S-FLY

Would you care to share the fees and percentages that they are charging? I'm interested in all the brokerage, transport fees, and service fee.

bjstare
02-07-2023, 12:00 PM
He got an f'in nice one too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AkAabVvTM

It's so awesome.
rage2 how bad are the AMG 55 supercharged V8's for reliability? You've had one right? Surely can't be as bad of a time bomb as the M156.

riander5
02-07-2023, 12:03 PM
It's so awesome.
rage2 how bad are the AMG 55 supercharged V8's for reliability? You've had one right? Surely can't be as bad of a time bomb as the M156.

I did some research on them in the past, I think they are actually more reliable than the 6.3's, but Mercedes got rid of them because they were too expensive to make?

DonJuan
02-07-2023, 12:08 PM
It's so awesome.
rage2 how bad are the AMG 55 supercharged V8's for reliability?

From a tech at Lonestar: "If you're going to own one, have a thick wallet"

Apparently the 2014+ W212 is the one to have (facelifted bi-turbo).

rage2
02-07-2023, 12:58 PM
From a tech at Lonestar: "If you're going to own one, have a thick wallet"

Apparently the 2014+ W212 is the one to have (facelifted bi-turbo).
Factual.

I had the V6 version in the 32. They both suffer from cracked intercoolers (you can get the V6 ones cheap thru Chrysler tho as it's shared with the SRT-6), and a host of sensor failure issues that are very difficult to diagnose. There's a MAF and MAP sensors littered throughout the path, and you're just changing parts for the sake of it.

The 5.5L TT "63" is by far the most reliable one, as it's based on the mass produced and bulletproof 4.7L TT in the 550 of the same vintage. Tuners funny enough stick with the 4.7L because the 5.5 is a bored version and weaker for really big power.

The 6.2L are ticking time bombs but they are reliable once the top end is rebuilt.

DonJuan
02-07-2023, 01:10 PM
The 5.5L TT "63" is by far the most reliable one, as it's based on the mass produced and bulletproof 4.7L TT in the 550 of the same vintage. Tuners funny enough stick with the 4.7L because the 5.5 is a bored version and weaker for really big power. ...

Off topic but is the 4.7L TT in the 550 + a minor tune better than the 5.5 TT in the "63"?
Or just get a 5.5 TT and leave it alone?

S-FLY
02-07-2023, 03:05 PM
S-FLY

Would you care to share the fees and percentages that they are charging? I'm interested in all the brokerage, transport fees, and service fee.

I tried to find that out but they don't break it down that granular. They just give you a total price landed in Vancouver.

Graham_A_M
02-07-2023, 05:01 PM
I would extremely highly recommend B pro. I imported a Suzuki carry Kei truck through him probably 8 years ago (a little gas miser run-about truck for my farm) His prices were about $500 more then the truck cost to buy. He gave me over a dozen options that fit my description as to what I wanted. For doing the federal inspection, he offered numerous places that did all of the inspections. I later sold it for more money then Imported it for. Not bad after 4 years of use and countless more km's. No other importer could give me the selection he did, for the price. I paid the price to bid on the truck, and I got it. The transaction was seamless. He gave me fantastic advice. I wanted a TT MKIV supra with the 6 speed getrag about two years ago, and he informed me they are now $60k cars now (a bit over my $25k budget). He offers solid advice, and very professional. Exceptionally highly recommended

riander5
02-07-2023, 05:22 PM
Factual.

I had the V6 version in the 32. They both suffer from cracked intercoolers (you can get the V6 ones cheap thru Chrysler tho as it's shared with the SRT-6), and a host of sensor failure issues that are very difficult to diagnose. There's a MAF and MAP sensors littered throughout the path, and you're just changing parts for the sake of it.

The 5.5L TT "63" is by far the most reliable one, as it's based on the mass produced and bulletproof 4.7L TT in the 550 of the same vintage. Tuners funny enough stick with the 4.7L because the 5.5 is a bored version and weaker for really big power.

The 6.2L are ticking time bombs but they are reliable once the top end is rebuilt.

But the original question was about the old 5.5 SC vs 6.2 '6.3'

But what you are really saying, is to get a 2015 E550 for a 4.7 TT ?!??!

That 212 gen of E class is an odd one... not old enough to be a classic like the W211, not new enough to be modern looking like the w213 and up

rage2
02-08-2023, 08:31 AM
Off topic but is the 4.7L TT in the 550 + a minor tune better than the 5.5 TT in the "63"?
Or just get a 5.5 TT and leave it alone?
Bang for the buck wise, you can’t beat a 550. My brother bought one during pandemic. It’s loud obnoxious and stock 63 fast. 63 with a minor tune is a high 10 second car. What I’m saying is if you’re out to build a 1000+hp monster, 4.7tt is a better starting point. Stock reliability the 4.7tt is stronger. That’s all.

That 212 gen of E class is an odd one... not old enough to be a classic like the W211, not new enough to be modern looking like the w213 and up
63 true fix is way the fuck more expensive than keeping a 55 alive.

The 550 is also available as a CLS. I kinda want one again with how cheap they’re getting.

Neil4Speed
02-08-2023, 09:32 AM

My understanding is that the 5.5SC is a very robust well made motor - I almost jumped on a CL55 a few years back as that has been a wishlist car for some time. I have to laugh that the prices are the same as they were back in 2012 as they are today.

rage2
02-08-2023, 09:37 AM
My understanding is that the 5.5SC is a very robust well made motor - I almost jumped on a CL55 a few years back as that has been a wishlist car for some time. I have to laugh that the prices are the same as they were back in 2012 as they are today.
Yea, it’s the failing accessories around the motor that’s the problem.

DonJuan
02-08-2023, 09:45 AM
THX Rage. Spent most of the workday yesterday looking up 550 and mods. I'm gonna have my eye out for an 2014+ E550 or CLS550.

If a 550 Renntech chip and Cat delete = AMG 63; I'm in.

Couple CLS550's on kijiji at shady used car dealers... hmmm

riander5
02-08-2023, 09:50 AM
THX Rage. Spent most of the workday yesterday looking up 550 and mods. I'm gonna have my eye out for an 2014+ E550 or CLS550.

If a 550 Renntech chip and Cat delete = AMG 63; I'm in.

Couple CLS550's on kijiji at shady used car dealers... hmmm

I think this is the right way... E550 literally look like grandpa cars with the 4.7TT

Gotta go CLS if you're going the 550 route!

rage2
02-08-2023, 09:58 AM
My brothers E550. Stole my CLK BS wheels. It’s chipped and absolutely murders my E53 in a straight line.

CLS can also look grandpa lol.

I do miss that CLS. By far the most comfy yet sporty balanced car I’ve owned. Such a great road trip car.

DonJuan
02-08-2023, 10:29 AM
I know both of these places well. One last question and I wont jack the thread anymore. E vs CLS for real world rear seat room and trunk space? 1 baby (on da way) and 1 child seat (wife and I are tall) and large stroller. Reviews with cubic ft, I find misleading.

A sleeper grandpa E550 :drool:

ExtraSlow
02-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Grandpa cars are awesome.

rage2
02-08-2023, 10:55 AM
I know both of these places well. One last question and I wont jack the thread anymore. E vs CLS for real world rear seat room and trunk space? 1 baby (on da way) and 1 child seat (wife and I are tall) and large stroller. Reviews with cubic ft, I find misleading.

A sleeper grandpa E550 :drool:
I fit a 55” tv in box and a kids bike in the trunk with the seat folded down. Go look at one, there’s some awkward angles in trunk that might make it hard for large stroller depending on shape but once it’s in there’s a ton of room. I liked the cls rear better than e. My brother swears there’s more legroom for e but I disagree. It’s like 2 business class seats back there. Lots of elbow room. We moved on from it when we had our 3rd. It was the perfect car for 2 kids (6 and newborn, until 8 and 2). I changed diapers in the trunk with full luggage haha. We used that as our primary road trip car. 6 hour drives to kamloops felt like 3 hours.

DonJuan
02-08-2023, 11:17 AM
I may even just look for a E550 wagon and score bonus points with the wife so she doesn't notice the renntech boxes that show up at the door. :D

The CLS might be a tough sell because sporty. Still gonna go drive one.

Neil4Speed
02-09-2023, 09:18 AM
I may even just look for a E550 wagon and score bonus points with the wife so she doesn't notice the renntech boxes that show up at the door. :D

The CLS might be a tough sell because sporty. Still gonna go drive one.

If you are talking about the E550 Wagon with the 4.7TT, I Do not believe it was sold in North America, Some claim it to be a Japan exclusive.

JfuckinC
02-09-2023, 09:43 AM
Ok, so knock CSL63/E63 off my weekly kijiji Search Routine, and replace with the 550 models?

Done

DonJuan
02-09-2023, 10:11 AM
I think you can afford, no DESERVE a 63. So no need to increase demand for the lowly 550

Hallowed_point
02-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Ok, so knock CSL63/E63 off my weekly kijiji Search Routine, and replace with the 550 models?

Done

Damn, 2010 550 4Matic Sedan would be a nice daily minus the fuel economy 14.7 L/100 mixed with that 5.5 V8.

riander5
02-09-2023, 01:10 PM
Someone buy a god damn DC5 integra type R

What is it like driving right side? RHD might scare me off right from the outset...

haggis88
02-09-2023, 01:37 PM

What is it like driving right side? RHD might scare me off right from the outset...

I fucking love DC5's but can't get over thinking that a clean RSX-S with a little cash chucked at it would do the same job, minus the "exclusivity" ?

RHD would be fine unless you wanted to pass on a single lane highway and didn't have a passenger you could trust imho

My DC5 is in the top 3 of cars I wish I'd never sold :rofl:

bjstare
02-09-2023, 01:46 PM
I fucking love DC5's but can't get over thinking that a clean RSX-S with a little cash chucked at it would do the same job, minus the "exclusivity" ?

RHD would be fine unless you wanted to pass on a single lane highway and didn't have a passenger you could trust imho

My DC5 is in the top 3 of cars I wish I'd never sold :rofl:

It would take a lot of cash to turn an RSX into an ITR. IIRC they have some fundamental differences (e.g., closer spaced gearing) that are an important part of the type-r equation.

haggis88
02-09-2023, 01:52 PM
It would take a lot of cash to turn an RSX into an ITR. IIRC they have some fundamental differences (e.g., closer spaced gearing) that are an important part of the type-r equation.

There's not a huge difference other than the final drive and LSD, which can be added with better aftermarket parts (same thing I did with my UKDM EP3)

The engine does have slightly different cam profiles IIRC, to give it the extra 20bhp over the K20A2

Suspension is another different part, but again you'd be able to add better aftermarket stuff yourself

I think there was an internet fallacy that the DC5-R had a seam welded chassis but that got debunked cos Honda only did it to DC2-Rs?

Of course factory vs factory, the JDM R is streets ahead, but it doesn't take much

My EP3-R with I/H/E and a K-Pro map pulled 252bhp on the dyno and stock DC5-Rs or JDM EP3-Rs wouldn't touch it

bjstare
02-09-2023, 02:00 PM
There's not a huge difference other than the final drive and LSD, which can be added with better aftermarket parts (same thing I did with my UKDM EP3)

The engine does have slightly different cam profiles IIRC, to give it the extra 20bhp over the K20A2

Suspension is another different part, but again you'd be able to add better aftermarket stuff yourself

I think there was an internet fallacy that the DC5-R had a seam welded chassis but that got debunked cos Honda only did it to DC2-Rs?

Of course factory vs factory, the JDM R is streets ahead, but it doesn't take much

My EP3-R with I/H/E and a K-Pro map pulled 252bhp on the dyno and stock DC5-Rs or JDM EP3-Rs wouldn't touch it

Ya that makes sense. But by the time you do LSD, final drive, suspension, recaros (or some other seat), you'd be well into ITR cost territory, no? That's not counting any engine work.

And after all that, it still wouldn't be a type R. And, as we all know.... it ain't a tight car if it ain't a type r.

haggis88
02-09-2023, 02:12 PM
Ya that makes sense. But by the time you do LSD, final drive, suspension, recaros (or some other seat), you'd be well into ITR cost territory, no? That's not counting any engine work.

And after all that, it still wouldn't be a type R. And, as we all know.... it ain't a tight car if it ain't a type r.

Oh I'm not disagreeing at all, you're absolutely right...the drive-side thing can be a PITC when you're on the wrong side though

Not sure what ITRs are going for these days, but as soon as they hit the age they can be imported to the USA, they'll skyrocket, just like the DC2 and EK9 did

OE Honda Recaros always go for moon money anyway...so get something nicer than that, I recall picking up some UKDM Evo VIII recaros for like 350 quid...or go whole hog and get a nice Profi SPG <3

riander5
02-09-2023, 02:24 PM
Oh I'm not disagreeing at all, you're absolutely right...the drive-side thing can be a PITC when you're on the wrong side though

Not sure what ITRs are going for these days, but as soon as they hit the age they can be imported to the USA, they'll skyrocket, just like the DC2 and EK9 did

OE Honda Recaros always go for moon money anyway...so get something nicer than that, I recall picking up some UKDM Evo VIII recaros for like 350 quid...or go whole hog and get a nice Profi SPG <3

I think the big thing... Are you going to find an RSX-S anywhere with less than 200,000 kms?

Lots of ITR's for sale with 60-80,000 kms

One thing I will say from my searches is god damn those red seats are either impossible to take care of, or those japenese guys are dirty as fuck :rofl:

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-10-2023, 09:13 PM
You motherfuckers have me looking for M278 E550s or W220 S65s (terrible idea) now.

Thanks.

Proyecto2000
03-28-2023, 11:04 AM
I messaged Brian this morning to get a JDM LHD summer toy as well. So glad to see this thread and that he is recommended!

Just wanted to update this thread and say that Daniel and Brian at B Pro have been awesome to work with. We looked at a few Cayman S models in the last 7 weeks that hit the auctions, they lined up additional inspections and they founds wear that I did not want to deal with so ended up paying extra (over auction prices) and got a Cayman S from a Porsche dealer instead.

Now I just gotta wait for it to arrive in a few weeks!

riander5
03-28-2023, 11:21 AM
Just wanted to update this thread and say that Daniel and Brian at B Pro have been awesome to work with. We looked at a few Cayman S models in the last 7 weeks that hit the auctions, they lined up additional inspections and they founds wear that I did not want to deal with so ended up paying extra (over auction prices) and got a Cayman S from a Porsche dealer instead.

These are all LHD? Or RHD?

What gen?

Congrats!

S-FLY
04-11-2023, 11:05 AM

You're getting your car in a few weeks? Do you know for certain?

I have to say that so far my experience has been lackluster. I paid for my truck in full on February 4th. Received additional pictures of it on March 6th (which would have been nice to have before buying, but I didn't know that this was even an option). Haven't heard from them since. I have no idea where the truck is or when it's getting here. The communication so far I'd say has been pretty poor. I did e-mail them at the beginning of March looking for an estimated arrival date and the response I got was "When we know, you'll know". It's April 11th now, so I'm going to assuming it's still sitting in Japan somewhere.

Proyecto2000
04-11-2023, 09:52 PM
You're getting your car in a few weeks? Do you know for certain?

I have to say that so far my experience has been lackluster. I paid for my truck in full on February 4th. Received additional pictures of it on March 6th (which would have been nice to have before buying, but I didn't know that this was even an option). Haven't heard from them since. I have no idea where the truck is or when it's getting here. The communication so far I'd say has been pretty poor. I did e-mail them at the beginning of March looking for an estimated arrival date and the response I got was "When we know, you'll know". It's April 11th now, so I'm going to assuming it's still sitting in Japan somewhere.

I would say that my communication has been 50% on phone and 50% email so far. On the photos, I had them send additional photos by 3rd party inspectors on the 2 auction cars that I was interested in but due to oil leaks I passed on them.
So I went after 2 cars at dealerships (more money than auctions) and they had the dealerships send additional photos and then I paid the fee for an inspector to go in person to verify the service records and check for oil leaks on the one car that I liked the best.
After all that I paid for my car in full March 30. Car listing was removed from all of the car sale websites that I had found it on within 2 days of payment and I was told that it was being picked up from the dealership in Tokyo to be taken to the shipping yard right away.
On ETA I was told that it would sit at the yard until the next boat had enough cars destined for Vancouver which they figured was going to be in 4-5 weeks for the boat to depart. 2 weeks for it to arrive and be unloaded and 1 week for it to clear customs and be delivered to Calgary so they were figuring 3rd or 4th week of May. I hope that is the case as the summer driving season is so short :(

btw I saw on the bpro instagram that they had a 10 vehicle carrier with 3 mini trucks on it heading to Alberta today and itz.bradd had a post last week of another car carrier heading to AB. Hopefully I will see my car on one of their IG stories next month

S-FLY
04-11-2023, 11:04 PM
I'd say at this rate, both of our vehicles will be on the same boat. Will update the thread once I get a vessel name.

98brg2d
04-14-2023, 09:50 AM
One of my old employees imported/imports piles of cars and has used both B-Pro and Zen. He has a mix of RHD JDM, Euro RHD, Euro LHD cars and for the higher end stuff he seems to use Zen more often. I think their pre-purchase inspection stuff is a little more thorough and they don't take on as many clients so communication is a little better. I haven't imported a car but I have spoken to Zen extensively, and had them do some mechanical work on my car, and would expect a relatively smooth transaction, although I think they cost more than B-Pro. Just another option to think about.

S-FLY
04-14-2023, 10:29 PM
Update: The response I got was that they're having issues with logistics. The last boat they had 40 vehicles booked but at the last minute they were only given 7 spots. 33 vehicles got bumped to the next boat but they're unsure if some will be bumped again. He said there's another 100 vehicles behind these 33 that are waiting to come over that don't have a spot on a boat yet.

J.M.
04-15-2023, 01:16 AM

Congrats!

How much did it end up costing you? Been interested in importing one. PM if you don’t want to post price. Thanks

Proyecto2000
04-15-2023, 07:01 PM
Update: The response I got was that they're having issues with logistics. The last boat they had 40 vehicles booked but at the last minute they were only given 7 spots. 33 vehicles got bumped to the next boat but they're unsure if some will be bumped again. He said there's another 100 vehicles behind these 33 that are waiting to come over that don't have a spot on a boat yet.

oh great :(

Proyecto2000
05-06-2023, 10:09 AM

any update on yours shipping? They told me that mine might be on the next boat so maybe late june / july delivery if it makes it in.

S-FLY
05-08-2023, 11:31 AM
Received this last week:

Date: May 2, 2023 at 5:51:34 PM MDT
To: B-Pro Auto JDM Imports <[email protected]>
Cc: Brian Stephenson <[email protected]>
Subject: Current Shipping Delays

Hello,

Hope you're having a great day.

If you haven't been notified that your vehicle is on a vessel yet, there have been some shipping delays which are out of our control, and we just wanted to keep you in the loop.

Last month we had about 40 bookings for a vessel with the shipping line, and usually that translates to all 40 vehicles being shipped. Unfortunately most of the units were bumped to the next boat, except for only 7 units that made it on.

There has been minimal allocation on the vessels for used vehicle RoRo shipments, and limited boats as well compared to normal.

The main port in Japan is full - so full that we started shipping cars to the overflow yard in Japan, which is also filling up. Everyone is pressuring the ocean shipping line to charter more boats and allocate more space for used Japanese vehicles. The issue ultimately is that all ports on the west coast (including Vancouver) are so backlogged, that shipping lines are limiting their volume, otherwise they float in the water offshore for a long time waiting for their turn to unload.

Our average times quoted have historically been fairly accurate, except for some delays around COVID when shipping and supply chains were disrupted for everything. Up until recently it's been fine, but it's been really frustrating waiting for boats and spaces to ship the vehicles from Japan to Vancouver, being told we have some bookings, and then having them not make the boat. We're bugging them daily, but there's only so much we can do.

Rest assured, it will come, and we doing all we can, but short of owning our own freight ship, I'm at the mercy of the shipping lines, like everyone else.

Because of the delays, we have been pressuring our contacts in Japan, the logistics companies and the ports for any information we can pass along, and requesting ideas for anything that we can do to help expedite the next few shipments of vehicles. As soon as any information is provided, we will pass it along to you.

Thanks for sticking with us, and we appreciate your patience.

--
B-Pro Auto JDM Imports

ExtraSlow
05-08-2023, 01:21 PM
Ports are fuck

S-FLY
05-08-2023, 01:52 PM
Anyone on here work with ports or sea shipping who can comment?
A quick google search shows the Port of Vancouver actually publishes some interesting data and reports which shows "Current Month Average of Vessels at Anchor: 2.33 days" and "Average Dwell Days" trending downwards (https://www.portvancouver.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Container-Vessel-Line-up.pdf), but maybe that's a result of shipping lines limiting volume? I don't work in this industry, so I have no idea.

Beyond group buy of RoRo shipping vessel? We can call the company: "RoRo Row Your Boat" :)

S-FLY
05-30-2023, 02:46 PM
Someone remind me never to try and import a car from Japan again.

Subject: Current Shipping Delays - May Update

Hello,

We have been waiting for the past couple of vessels to send out an update on orders. Recently the Green Bay and Green Cove had been scheduled to arrive in Japan. While they did take some vehicles, there were only about 10 taken for each boat.

To continue the bad luck for some, the Green Bay had some mechanical issues while in Japan that delayed those vehicles even more.

From what we can see, there are a few more boats that will service Japan to Canada. The first couple are the Iris Ace and the Luna Spirit. Some vehicles have been indicated they will be on those vessels, but we don't want to count those chickens until they are crossing the street / ocean.

There are two other boats publicly scheduled for June (vessel names TBD), but there are others that are often not on public schedules.

Thanks for hanging in there! A number of you will likely be contacted in a week or so as the ETD for those vessels are May 29 and May 31.

--
B-Pro Auto JDM Imports

shakalaka
05-30-2023, 04:52 PM
Yea this game is not for the impatient, hence why I never bothered going that route.

Proyecto2000
05-30-2023, 09:24 PM

I am totally feeling the same way as you. Last week I received a couple photos of my car in between a bunch of other cars with a big ship in the background. At this point I just hope that it shows up before winter

riander5
05-31-2023, 10:44 AM

How long you looking at total?

S-FLY
06-01-2023, 08:50 AM
How long you looking at total?

Total? No idea. But I paid for the truck in full on February 4th and still no word if it's on a boat yet.

riander5
06-01-2023, 08:52 AM
Total? No idea. But I paid for the truck in full on February 4th and still no word if it's on a boat yet.

Brutal, one more question - what was your original ETA for receiving the vehicle?

cam_wmh
06-01-2023, 09:13 AM

Fun in Perth Australia, and Hokkaido Japan.

Completely pleb nonse in North America.

riander5
06-01-2023, 10:40 AM
Fun in Perth Australia, and Hokkaido Japan.

Completely pleb nonse in North America.

Calm your tits and update your 'what I drive'

So everyone knows it isnt nearly as cool anymore

S-FLY
06-01-2023, 08:40 PM
They estimated end of April, early May.

S-FLY
06-07-2023, 07:35 PM
B-Pro Auto JDM Imports
2:03 PM (5 hours ago)
to B-Pro, bcc: me

Hi there, hope you're having a wonderful day!

The time has come to have another update on the shipping situation.

There's still a backlog at the ports in Vancouver (and all of west-coast USA too for that matter). Here's a newsletter from the region that shows they're in the middle of doing upgrades to the port, as well as more information right from the Port of Vancouver.

Some clients have also asked about in what position in line are their vehicles, so here's a YouTube video explaining how RoRo ships are designed. In short, some decks are fixed, and some are movable, but it all depends on the mix of vehicles and cargo being booked, all 100% not in our control.

If your car is shipped out can also depend on which port in Japan it's at, and if there are vessels going to that port. There's a number of different ports in Japan, and which a vehicle is shipped to is often dependent on what auction house it came from.

That's all to say there isn't a set line or order for getting vehicles shipped, and there are still issues to get vehicles shipped.

We have just recently been told we have a couple of dozen vehicles being shipped out on the Hestia Leader and Sirius Leader. Only a few made it on the Luna Spirit and Iris Ace, and a couple of dozen also on the Green Bay and Green Cove - when normally there could be 50-100 in a shipment. Some partners in Japan tell us earlier than others when a vehicle is scheduled for a boat, so there's a chance a couple more could be scheduled for Hestia or Sirius.

Currently, there's a to-be-announced vessel leaving this week in addition to the Hestia and Sirius, and another next week. Hopefully, we'll get more details soon.

Also, the Vancouver port top manager had a phone call with us recently and said for sure everything will be more free-flowing by August, but we're doing absolutely everything in our power to get deliveries ironed out now. We're pressuring the exporters and shipping lines daily.

Our agents in Japan have been instructed to check for all options, including shipping vehicles to a different port if there are openings on other vessels. Container shipping is typically a longer, more expensive journey than RoRo (especially during COVID when rates went up 10x), but is relatively back to its normal now - and we have been requesting quotes for using containers instead of Ro-Ro boats. It's been a long process, but hopefully, we will have some numbers or dates to send out soon.

We are trying our best, and we will keep you updated as we get more information.
All importers are in the "same boat" - no pun intended.

We just want you to know we really value you as a customer and how patient you've been. Just looping you in. The bottom line, is we're on it, and doing everything humanly possible here. Rest assured it will come as soon as physically possible.

Thanks a ton, have a great day.

--
B-Pro Auto JDM Imports

And the wait continues...

shakalaka
06-07-2023, 07:41 PM
They make it sound like they're bringing hordes of vehicles over....'couple of dozen' coming here, 'couple of dozen' coming there.

Did you check velocity cars in BC? All their inventory is landed and on hand.

S-FLY
06-07-2023, 07:49 PM
I didn't because at the time (February) I figured this was a cheaper and better route and to be honest, I never heard of Velocity.
I'm not sure why they're referencing the Green Bay or the Green Cove in their e-mail. Neither of those vessels made port calls in Canada.

Proyecto2000
06-07-2023, 09:22 PM
They make it sound like they're bringing hordes of vehicles over....'couple of dozen' coming here, 'couple of dozen' coming there.

Did you check velocity cars in BC? All their inventory is landed and on hand.

Are there any other reputable imports besides BPro, Jorojin and Velocity? Despite all the delays and going against my better judgement I would contemplate another LHD import but this time an SUV so that I can use it year round.

shakalaka
06-07-2023, 09:25 PM
Are there any other reputable imports besides BPro, Jorojin and Velocity? Despite all the delays and going against my better judgement I would contemplate another LHD import but this time an SUV so that I can use it year round.

There's these guys as well that I am familiar with;

https://jdmconnection.ca

He has this FTO on hand which I am seeing listed for a while now so maybe he will accept an aggressive offer.

https://jdmconnection.ca/inventory/1998-mitsubishi-fto-gr/

SKR
06-07-2023, 10:05 PM
And the wait continues...

Can I get a job there? It sounds amazing. "Hey, that thing you bought, it's stuck where there's fuck all we can do about it so don't expect anything from us. Thanks for the money though, we definitely love spending it."

Proyecto2000
06-09-2023, 09:06 AM
Well I just got an email that my car made it on to a boat and should be here in 3-4 weeks

S-Fly did you get an email for yours?

S-FLY
06-09-2023, 10:04 AM
Nothing yet and I'm annoyed because I bought mine from "inventory" months before yours.

S-FLY
06-11-2023, 04:39 PM
Well I just got an email that my car made it on to a boat and should be here in 3-4 weeks

S-Fly did you get an email for yours?

Have you also been receiving the shipping update e-mails that I've been receiving?

Proyecto2000
06-12-2023, 12:27 PM
Have you also been receiving the shipping update e-mails that I've been receiving?

Yup I got all of those emails as well. Do you know what port your car is sitting at?

They sent me photos of the shipping location and the shipping stickers that were on my car upon my request as I was concerned of having damn near $40k just sitting in a location unknown to me.
I figured that having all of that info would help me in the event that I had to search for my car if something were to happen with their business or what not.

S-FLY
06-12-2023, 12:51 PM
Not a sweet clue. Again, the communication for me has been lackluster.

shakalaka
06-12-2023, 02:14 PM
Yup I got all of those emails as well. Do you know what port your car is sitting at?

They sent me photos of the shipping location and the shipping stickers that were on my car upon my request as I was concerned of having damn near $40k just sitting in a location unknown to me.
I figured that having all of that info would help me in the event that I had to search for my car if something were to happen with their business or what not.

What is it that you're importing for $40K? If you're sharing the info. that is.

I thought the whole point of importing from Japan was to get a cheap-ass vehicle to boot around and not give a crap in, but $40K is obviously not that so just curious.

Proyecto2000
06-12-2023, 03:31 PM
What is it that you're importing for $40K? If you're sharing the info. that is.

I thought the whole point of importing from Japan was to get a cheap-ass vehicle to boot around and not give a crap in, but $40K is obviously not that so just curious.

Picked up an optioned out, low mileage, Cayman S from a Porsche dealer (i didnt do the cheaper auction route) and currently considering a G wagon if I can get some sort of guarantee that I will get the car in 6-8 weeks.

You can pick up some decently priced (way lower than Kijiji) LHD Aston Martins and Ferraris out there as well.

shakalaka
06-12-2023, 04:09 PM
Oh I've definitely thought about G Wagons I've seen on those sites here and there. But Cayman S sounds like it might not be a bad option. As long as you go the LHD route as I wouldn't spend anything more than 10K on a RHD vehicle as I don't believe you'd get a return in Canada for that. But LHD might not be a bad flip after you've owned and enjoyed the vehicle for a while. And I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we think we can get anyting within 6-8 weeks from there based on the emails posted above. Haha.

Proyecto2000
06-12-2023, 04:13 PM
Oh I've definitely thought about G Wagons I've seen on those sites here and there. But Cayman S sounds like it might not be a bad option. As long as you go the LHD route as I wouldn't spend anything more than 10K on a RHD vehicle as I don't believe you'd get a return in Canada for that. But LHD might not be a bad flip after you've owned and enjoyed the vehicle for a while. And I think we'd be kidding ourselves if we think we can get anyting within 6-8 weeks from there based on the emails posted above. Haha.

I would only do LHD as my insurance will cover it for full market replacement value despite it being from Japan. Btw I only went with the Cayman S as Hagerty has them appreciating in value so figured this was a decent bet on future resale.

riander5
06-12-2023, 04:41 PM
I would only do LHD as my insurance will cover it for full market replacement value despite it being from Japan. Btw I only went with the Cayman S as Hagerty has them appreciating in value so figured this was a decent bet on future resale.

What's a 'good' price on a g wagon these days?

A quick google search popped up a whack of G350D's (lmao) for $100k USD plus. No thanks!

Team_Mclaren
06-12-2023, 05:13 PM
The Vancouver port delay is real. Every Asian manufacturer is suffering from it if the vehicle is made in Asia. (Kia, Hyundai, Mazda etc)

It doesnt matter if you ship one or multiple cars, you just go on the hugeass boat with everyone else.

Proyecto2000
06-12-2023, 05:23 PM
What's a 'good' price on a g wagon these days?

A quick google search popped up a whack of G350D's (lmao) for $100k USD plus. No thanks!

Bpro showed me a few auction cars back in February that went in the $35k-$45k range.

Looking at a May 18 2023 sale on http://bids.b-pro.ca/ they sold a 2006 G500 grade 4 with 46k kms for about $33k CND (Bbpro import fees extra)

http://bids.b-pro.ca/st-2PNe1uVh6mMUWgJ.htm