PDA

View Full Version : Spider Spray

JfuckinC
03-22-2023, 05:29 PM
Any advice on who’s good for spraying exteriors for spiders? Last year was mental for how many we had, heard the spray actually works would like to get some out to get ahead of it.

killramos
03-22-2023, 05:31 PM
Aren’t spiders a good thing?

The alternative seems much worse

firebane
03-22-2023, 05:37 PM
Any advice on who’s good for spraying exteriors for spiders? Last year was mental for how many we had, heard the spray actually works would like to get some out to get ahead of it.

If you have that many spiders you have bugs of another kind around. Spiders are around because of a good food source.

When we bought our house there was a rain barrel full that was never emptied and like a small swamp. The patio had a few dozen spiders hanging around till we removed that swamp.

ExtraSlow
03-22-2023, 05:39 PM
Exterior bugs? Just get buzz boss from green drop.

oster
03-22-2023, 05:41 PM
A lot around our place as well, dont mind them outside but used to find a lot of them inside the house.

Have been using generic spider spray from home depot and just spray it around windows and doorways (outside) maybe once a month when it starts to get warmer and has really helped.

littledan
03-22-2023, 06:11 PM
supposedly horse chestnut works well. so contact GTS_jeff and ask him to bring his two horses over with their nuts in his 1/4 tonne tow rig and death trailer.

ThePenIsMightier
03-22-2023, 06:17 PM
I think spider poison is a cholinesterase inhibitor.
Humans have cholinesterase and it sounds important. Do not want.

ExtraSlow
03-22-2023, 06:44 PM
That c-word you just used sounds like a chemical I do not want in my body. I would like to purchase this inhibitor pls.

vengie
03-22-2023, 06:49 PM
Put up some bat boxes.

Bats are batass.

ExtraSlow
03-22-2023, 06:54 PM
Bat's r best.

ThePenIsMightier
03-22-2023, 07:01 PM
That c-word you just used sounds like a chemical I do not want in my body. I would like to purchase this inhibitor pls.

Whose C-word do you want in your body??!?

killramos
03-22-2023, 07:09 PM
Bat shit is nasty. Pass on that

vengie
03-22-2023, 07:15 PM
You know what's nastier?
Mosquitoes.
Plus you put the bat box in the neighbor's yard rookie.

ExtraSlow
03-22-2023, 07:16 PM
Bat shit is preferable to flying insects.

JfuckinC
03-22-2023, 08:59 PM
Fuck I just want my patio sprayed, I don’t mind spiders but we back onto the river(kinda?) and they are overwhelming. The amount of fucking webs I have to vacuum up is insane.

They can have the rest of the yard I don’t give a shit, I just want to enjoy the patio lol.

goldfish168
03-23-2023, 11:29 AM
Search for Mosquito Barrier or Garlic Barrier and use a cheap handheld sprayer from Princess Auto. Buzz Boss used to apply something similar but I got tired of chasing them to come back out. Much easier to just spray it yourself every couple of weeks depending on rain.

88CRX
03-23-2023, 11:50 AM
Buzz Boss

We've used them the last couple summers as our house gets just covered in spider webs and bugs. We're also near the river so its needed. They come out and spray once a month or so, no more spiders.

JfuckinC
03-23-2023, 12:59 PM
Buzz Boss

We've used them the last couple summers as our house gets just covered in spider webs and bugs. We're also near the river so its needed. They come out and spray once a month or so, no more spiders.

deadly i reached out, thanks!

Edit: Damn, they wont do my second floor patio because there is no exterior access!

suntan
03-23-2023, 04:18 PM
One year, there were blood spots on my siding from all the mosquitoes the spiders caught.

88CRX
03-23-2023, 09:07 PM
deadly i reached out, thanks!

Edit: Damn, they wont do my second floor patio because there is no exterior access!

Once the yard and base of the house gets sprayed you don’t have issues upstairs.

nismodrifter
03-23-2023, 09:56 PM
Just use fire. Works every time. Use liberally.

2002civic
03-23-2023, 10:05 PM
Ortho spray, and go out with a flashlight at night when the fuckers are out and spray directly and watch them die a fast death.

JfuckinC
03-25-2023, 11:21 AM
Bought some ortho, sprayed my hot tub cause there was already 6 on there this morning for fucks sake.

88crx might just get them to spray around the house I guess and ask them to aim it up at the deck and I’ll just supplement it lol

StupidWade
03-27-2023, 09:34 AM
We had a visitor on our deck in October of last year. I did a double-take before I snapped this photo. We used to have lots of these in Medicine Hat where I grew up, but I didn't think we had them in Calgary. I blasted it with half a can of Raid Home & Garden.

ANYHOO, I made the mistake of telling my wife and she went into DEFCON1, calling and emailing for quotes to spray the entire yard. Thankfully it snowed before anything was scheduled. I'm hoping that she completely forgets about it when the weather warms up this year.

88CRX
03-27-2023, 12:28 PM
We had a visitor on our deck in October of last year. I did a double-take before I snapped this photo. We used to have lots of these in Medicine Hat where I grew up, but I didn't think we had them in Calgary. I blasted it with half a can of Raid Home & Garden.

ANYHOO, I made the mistake of telling my wife and she went into DEFCON1, calling and emailing for quotes to spray the entire yard. Thankfully it snowed before anything was scheduled. I'm hoping that she completely forgets about it when the weather warms up this year.

BURN THE HOUSE DOWN.

/thread

ThePenIsMightier
03-27-2023, 12:32 PM
Told his wife... Holy fuck, LoL!!
User name checks out.

JfuckinC
05-17-2023, 08:28 AM
Anyone of you guys that use buzz boss have you seen them out yet? I ended up signing up but I’m not sure what the fuck I am paying for lol my house is covered already.

88CRX
05-17-2023, 12:32 PM
Anyone of you guys that use buzz boss have you seen them out yet? I ended up signing up but I’m not sure what the fuck I am paying for lol my house is covered already.

Have they sprayed yet? Just call them and tell them you need a spray and they'll come out ASAP.

We've been sprayed already and no more spiders.

ExtraSlow
05-17-2023, 01:15 PM
Any time you have a question or concern, call. They do extra visits for that.

JfuckinC
05-17-2023, 01:33 PM
i called today and she said they're behind its all weather related blah blah hopefully before the long weekend.

I might just call back and cancel, i sprayed my upper patio on my own and it worked great. Just need a better sprayer.

88CRX
05-17-2023, 01:37 PM
We actually ended up using Zap this year, they were cheaper and were in my community spraying so we tagged along. Like I posted above we had spiders all over the place and a couple got into the house but nothing now that they sprayed.

But yes Buzz Boss will spray as often as you need if you keep seeing spiders. Once they spray they'll be all gone.

ThePenIsMightier
05-17-2023, 01:37 PM
... Just need a better sprayer.

Why can't I find a gif of Obie Trice pissing to supplement this discussion???!
It was in a major music video. WtF?

JfuckinC
05-19-2023, 11:05 AM
We actually ended up using Zap this year, they were cheaper and were in my community spraying so we tagged along. Like I posted above we had spiders all over the place and a couple got into the house but nothing now that they sprayed.

But yes Buzz Boss will spray as often as you need if you keep seeing spiders. Once they spray they'll be all gone.

88CRX Did zap use a back pack blower? Or just the hand one? I need them to be able to reach high, I’m pressure washing and spraying myself today, bought a 12v sprayer haha. Still want a professional company the spider population is mental. I thought buzz boss would be out early to beat them FFS lol

Waiting for a call back so I cancel those cunts

88CRX
05-19-2023, 11:28 AM
I'm not sure what zap used as I wasn't home when they did it. But no more spiders!