PDA

View Full Version : Fox settles with Dominion for $787.5 Million, admitting it lied!

Thaco
04-18-2023, 03:24 PM
I cant even....

i really wish they hadn't settled so all the dirt could come out in court, obviously that's why they did settle.

I'll let people find their own sources, it'll be everywhere soon, but some of you think MSM is all the lies anf ake news so even if i did post sources you'd deny it.

EDIT:
yeah, as suspected.

Xtrema
04-18-2023, 03:42 PM
That's expected all along. Nothing will change. And the game has moved online which is harder to throw lawsuits at.

Buster
04-18-2023, 03:48 PM
nobody cares really

Thaco
04-18-2023, 03:50 PM
nobody cares really

you're the king of screaming fake news,. MSM bad, and now that it's proven, "nobody cares" ... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Buster
04-18-2023, 03:54 PM
you're the king of screaming fake news,. MSM bad, and now that it's proven, "nobody cares" ... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

no, you're adorable for thinking that CNN/Fox have any credibility left to lose.

Tik-Tok
04-18-2023, 03:54 PM
You're mixing Buster up with Misterman

DonJuan
04-18-2023, 04:14 PM
You're mixing Buster up with Misterman

Fox News stock looking bottomy yet?

Since the anchors don't have to acknowledge it on air nothing will change. If OAN, Breitbart, and whatever else masquerades as news report it? Then maybe?

suntan
04-18-2023, 04:20 PM
Hasn't done shit to Fox stock.

Thaco
04-18-2023, 04:23 PM
Fox News stock looking bottomy yet?

Since the anchors don't have to acknowledge it on air nothing will change. If OAN, Breitbart, and whatever else masquerades as news report it? Then maybe?

their viewers are too stupid to care, Fox wont cover it, and the viewers definitely wont seek alternative media sources.

I'm surprised fox is even allowed to use the word "News" in their broadcasts.

Buster
04-18-2023, 04:26 PM
their viewers are too stupid to care, Fox wont cover it, and the viewers definitely wont seek alternative media sources.

I'm surprised fox is even allowed to use the word "News" in their broadcasts.

What alternative media sources would you suggest to them?

Thaco
04-18-2023, 04:26 PM
What alternative media sources would you suggest to them?literally anything

Buster
04-18-2023, 04:27 PM
literally anything

you can choose to direct a Fox news viewer to a better alternative, and you wouldn't have anything specific to suggest?

Xtrema
04-18-2023, 04:29 PM
literally anything

Everything is the same. Making a mountain out of a molehill.

If anything, people need blinders and just stay in your lanes and stop bothering other people based on your views.

Thaco
04-18-2023, 04:30 PM
you can choose to direct a Fox news viewer to a better alternative, and you wouldn't have anything specific to suggest?

No, because nobody should rely on one source, that's why most people's perspective of the world is so fucked up, view as many sources as is reasonable and draw a line down the middle, you might get close.

Buster
04-18-2023, 05:20 PM
No, because nobody should rely on one source, that's why most people's perspective of the world is so fucked up, view as many sources as is reasonable and draw a line down the middle, you might get close.

You think all sources are equally useful?

ExtraSlow
04-18-2023, 05:21 PM
Csmonitor and AlJazera and that's a decent slice of world viewpoints.

- - - Updated - - -

Csmonitor is particularly good for long form writing.

suntan
04-18-2023, 05:33 PM
Apparently you have to believe in the Abrahamic God to make good news.

vengie
04-18-2023, 05:33 PM
Have you guiz considered tuning into the CBC for your news?

ExtraSlow
04-18-2023, 05:34 PM
Csmonitor is pretty agnostic despite the name.

Xtrema
04-18-2023, 06:52 PM

They have a branding issue despite the are great at not participating sensationalism.

ExtraSlow
04-18-2023, 06:57 PM
And in a way, having your brand displaying bias is less problematic than pretending to be unbiased, which is extremely unlikely.

People pretending to have zero biases are liars or fools.

suntan
04-18-2023, 07:08 PM

Yeah, I know. Them and The Economist are the only two media outlets I can tolerate.

redline
04-18-2023, 07:28 PM
this is only the first the next voting system lawsuit is around the corner another billion will go out the door...

but it will change nothing

ExtraSlow
04-18-2023, 07:39 PM
I feel like the USA is so close to getting the mechanics of voting right, but then..... Not.

I wish they would, because it'd then have a hope of coming to canada.

tirebob
04-18-2023, 08:05 PM
I turn to Beyond for all my news... It's the only source a person needs.

ExtraSlow
04-18-2023, 08:09 PM
I turn to Beyond for all my news... It's the only source a person needs.

Truth. I let beyond repost any relevant twitter or reddit things so I don't need to visit either one.

Thaco
04-18-2023, 08:29 PM
this is only the first the next voting system lawsuit is around the corner another billion will go out the door...

but it will change nothing

yep, i think they were shooting for somewhere north of 2.5 billion, looking forward to that one... i dont expect it to really accomplish anything but as long as tucker and murdoch get poorer i'm happy.

davidI
04-19-2023, 12:24 AM
Csmonitor is particularly good for long form writing.

You're assuming Fox News viewers can read.

Yolobimmer
04-19-2023, 08:34 AM

Cause hes a fucking idiot, and likes fox. Like his hero Russel brand, he thinks the other side is worse :rofl:

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 08:55 AM
Hasn't done shit to Fox stock.

It dropped a WHOLE $1 from end of day 04/18 (I'm guessing that's when they let the story break) and hasn't recovered yet, but it will.

My bottomy stock reference was just a shot at misterman.

Thaco Only chance of Fox news viewers hearing it is if Trump mentions it. So here's hoping for a childish squabble between the two.

Xtrema
04-19-2023, 09:23 AM
Thaco Only chance of Fox news viewers hearing it is if Trump mentions it. So here's hoping for a childish squabble between the two.

Trump wants this settlement. It's best for him this doesn't go to trial.

If Trump wins prez again, this would be the best $800M ever spent on a campaign.

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 09:31 AM
Trump wants this settlement. It's best for him this doesn't go to trial.

If Trump wins prez again, this would be the best $800M ever spent on a campaign.

Agreed

Can they sue him next?

Wish I could buy Dominion stock.

Swank
04-19-2023, 09:55 AM
I rely on the Calgary Sun for my news and HAWT sunshine girls.

Buster
04-19-2023, 10:06 AM
Fox, MSNBC and CNN are all identical. Same business model, same sensationalism, same reliance on creating anxiety to get viewership, same lack of interest in truth/accuracy.

ThePenIsMightier
04-19-2023, 10:11 AM
You think all sources are equally useful?

Exactly. What decade is it where ThAcO is?
I've never come so close to saying "OK, Boomer" as this moment.

Buster
04-19-2023, 10:17 AM
Exactly. What decade is it where ThAcO is?
I've never come so close to saying "OK, Boomer" as this moment.

Nothing makes a person look more out of touch than going on a rant against the quality of Fox news journalism.

ThePenIsMightier
04-19-2023, 10:21 AM
Nothing makes a person look more out of touch than going on a rant against the quality of Fox news journalism.

Or thinking that listening to 4 groups of different retards provides "a balanced and informed world view".

Yolobimmer
04-19-2023, 10:21 AM

Shut up already. Aside from drooling on your shoes, you are embarassing yourself even here.

Buster
04-19-2023, 10:25 AM
Or thinking that listening to 4 groups of different retards provides "a balanced and informed world view".

It appears that Thaco is good evidence for your point.

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 11:38 AM

I'm all for calling out BS when you see it.

When lies become normalized some people will accept it as truth.

Buster
04-19-2023, 11:57 AM

I didn't say wrong, I said out of touch.

Xtrema
04-19-2023, 02:53 PM

It's only BS
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ThornyGrouchyImpala-max-1mb.gif

And that's the line most media rides on.

I am happy Fox got slapped for that one but I also think the got off lightly.

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 03:02 PM
I hope this sets a precedent that will cause news companies to be held accountable for the BS they spread. It won't, but there is that hope.

Fox definitely got off easy.

Buster
04-19-2023, 03:38 PM
I hope this sets a precedent that will cause news companies to be held accountable for the BS they spread. It won't, but there is that hope.

Fox definitely got off easy.

Accountable? By who?

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 03:41 PM
^ Mostly to the people or companies that they spread lies about. Being open to lawsuits is a form of accountability. Open the floodgates of low threshold libel suits. :dunno:

I'm still living in the hope.

Buster
04-19-2023, 03:45 PM
It seems a bizarre suggestion that people would be better off with a more litigious society.

DonJuan
04-19-2023, 04:22 PM
The world needs more lawyers. MOAR I say MOAAAR! :D

I do see your point. If any country would become even more frivolously litigious it would be the good ol' US of A

Thaco
04-19-2023, 04:33 PM
Fox, MSNBC and CNN are all identical. Same business model, same sensationalism, same reliance on creating anxiety to get viewership, same lack of interest in truth/accuracy.

hilarious how you see no difference between sensationalizing something, and blatant lies masquerading as "news" and "facts"

Buster
04-19-2023, 05:35 PM
hilarious how you see no difference between sensationalizing something, and blatant lies masquerading as "news" and "facts"

then why did I distinguish between them in the very sentence you quoted?

ThePenIsMightier
04-19-2023, 10:09 PM
The world needs more lawyers. MOAR I say MOAAAR! :D

I do see your point. If any country would become even more frivolously litigious it would be the good ol' US of A

https://youtu.be/uG3uea-Hvy4

DonJuan
04-20-2023, 08:37 AM

I wonder if this will cause FOX to rethink some of the other lies that they spread? For example the Jan 6 Tucker Carlson version of events by some accounts even the other Fox News hosts didn't agree with and mention on their shows.

Can Fox be sued again? I'm thinking by the families of those that died. I mean Murdoch might be able to shrug off this $780 mil suit, but a few more of these might be bad news, even for him.

JRSC00LUDE
04-21-2023, 02:21 PM
What alternative media sources would you suggest to them?

He's a pretty big believer in the independent journalism of the CBC I thought.

Yolobimmer
04-21-2023, 04:55 PM
He's a pretty big believer in the independent journalism of the CBC I thought.

Of course CBC is indpendant. Even when harper stacked the board with his cronies, righties still accused it of being left leaning.

Common sense and rationality seems lefty. Thats just the way it is. If they are outright lying like fox, its righty.

See the difference?

Yolobimmer
04-21-2023, 06:14 PM
Smartmatic launches $2.7 Billion claim against Fox, Gulianni etc.

ThePenIsMightier
04-21-2023, 07:54 PM
^What's got this turd so coiled up?

Hey tOmA: remember that time rage told you to behave so they wouldn't have to ban you, again? Man, that's a humiliating call out. I can't believe you just laid down and took that. Didn't try to hold your knees together or at least get a couple scratches in or anything. Do you have no response for that? Is that all it takes to leave you speechless?
That's an alpha level of beta behaviour. Only the tiniest hands would take that lying down. Very basic.
You have to lie down to get fucked, and I guess that's your style.

Yolobimmer
04-21-2023, 10:04 PM

Hey tOmA: remember that time rage told you to behave so they wouldn't have to ban you, again? Man, that's a humiliating call out. I can't believe you just laid down and took that. Didn't try to hold your knees together or at least get a couple scratches in or anything. Do you have no response for that? Is that all it takes to leave you speechless?
That's an alpha level of beta behaviour. Only the tiniest hands would take that lying down. Very basic.

You are drooling on your shoes again blabbering like an idiot.

davidI
04-22-2023, 04:22 AM
I wonder if this will cause FOX to rethink some of the other lies that they spread? For example the Jan 6 Tucker Carlson version of events by some accounts even the other Fox News hosts didn't agree with and mention on their shows.

Can Fox be sued again? I'm thinking by the families of those that died. I mean Murdoch might be able to shrug off this $780 mil suit, but a few more of these might be bad news, even for him.

Tucker Carlson is releasing a Documentary about why the US should invade "totalitarian Canada".

Would be an interesting one to see play out in court...

Thaco
04-22-2023, 07:26 AM

there's a 2.6 billion suit that's inevitible from another voting machine company which is a slam dunk due to this ruling, and the shareholders will undoubtably sue murdoch, again. You're right, could be a variety of other smaller suits to follow, i sure as hell hope it sinks them

Yolobimmer
04-22-2023, 09:29 AM
there's a 2.6 billion suit that's inevitible from another voting machine company which is a slam dunk due to this ruling, and the shareholders will undoubtably sue murdoch, again. You're right, could be a variety of other smaller suits to follow, i sure as hell hope it sinks them

Plus unlike Dominion, Smartmatic is looking for public admission and apology.

I can see all the "but fox is the same as ..... " furiously frothing at the mouth in some dark corner. I love it.I

Thaco
04-22-2023, 09:31 AM
Plus unlike Dominion, Sartmqtic is looking for public admission and apology.

I can see all the "but fox is the same as ..... " furiously frothing at the mouth in some dark corner. I love it.I

to be fair dominion said the same until they flashed the cash... i hope they do, but i'm not confident.

ThePenIsMightier
04-23-2023, 03:30 PM

Since I got NegRep for this post by someone other than tOmA, I'm quoting myself (normally frowned upon) and doubling down.

Tik-Tok
04-23-2023, 03:40 PM
Tucker Carlson is releasing a Documentary about why the US should invade "totalitarian Canada".

That sounds familiar...

pheoxs
04-23-2023, 03:46 PM
to be fair dominion said the same until they flashed the cash... i hope they do, but i'm not confident.

Yeah it’s entirely a bargaining chip to get a higher settlement. Fox would take a 1B hush settlement over 500MM and public on air apology any day of the week.

Tik-Tok
04-24-2023, 09:52 AM
Possibly a coincidence, probably not.

https://tvline.com/2023/04/24/tucker-carlson-leaving-fox-news-final-last-episode/

DonJuan
04-24-2023, 10:12 AM
^ Maybe Murdoch couldn't shrug off the $780M without changes?

I'm guessing mandate came down changing from lies to half truths Tucker couldn't handle that so he tucks tail and runs.

Xtrema
04-24-2023, 10:31 AM
Many of Carlson’s private messages were released in motions filed by Dominion, revealing that the host was skeptical of many of the election-fraud claims made on-air by Trump-affiliated attorneys Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani.

But it was Carlson’s comments about Fox management, as revealed in the Dominion case, that played a role in his departure from Fox, a person familiar with the company’s thinking told The Post.

Notably, Carlson was not allowed back on air to say goodbye to the mammoth audience he had amassed in his years as a primetime host.

Looks like he was fired for going against the narrative and bitching about his boss. So haters don't be celebrating.

Carlson: “But those — those particular texts were pulled at exactly — at the moment where I was texting with one of my producers because some idiot on the Trump campaign had sent us the name of these dead voters who had voted. And we went and I repeated them on air, and it turns out some of them were alive. So. I was just — I felt humiliated. Yeah. Like what? And I thought then and I think now that that election was not on the level, it was not a free and fair election. I thought that then. I think it now.”

And plenty more like Carlson will take up the slot.

If anyone cares about the texts that got him fired:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/04/all-the-texts-fox-news-didnt-want-you-to-read.html

End of the day, democracy is dead when people cannot gracefully admit they lost.

Yolobimmer
04-24-2023, 01:13 PM
Looks like he was fired for going against the narrative and bitching about his boss. So haters don't be celebrating.

And plenty more like Carlson will take up the slot.

If anyone cares about the texts that got him fired:
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/04/all-the-texts-fox-news-didnt-want-you-to-read.html

End of the day, democracy is dead when people cannot gracefully admit they lost.

NOPE. None of that is why he was let go. All that was well known inside fox.

The ONLY reason he was let go is his opposition to Ukraine and its fascist government.

ThePenIsMightier
04-24-2023, 02:43 PM

JRSC00LUDE
04-24-2023, 03:24 PM
^

False, nutjobs who take him seriously (love or hate) seem to be impacted by this non-event.

ThePenIsMightier
04-24-2023, 03:31 PM
^

False, nutjobs who take him seriously (love or hate) seem to be impacted by this non-event.

Fixed.

Yolobimmer
04-24-2023, 03:45 PM
Tucker is often the biggest idiot on TV, but he was consitantly top 3 viewed in America.

Yolobimmer
04-25-2023, 09:07 AM
Tucker is often the biggest idiot on TV, but he was consitantly top 3 viewed in America.

"I cant believe a station so opposed to gender affirming surgery just cut off its own dick".

DonJuan
04-25-2023, 09:17 AM
"I cant believe a station so opposed to gender affirming surgery just cut off its own dick".

I have given out too much rep, and have tea all over my computer. :rofl:

Thaco
04-25-2023, 11:37 AM

it's actually a really, really stupid move IMO, At least with Super liar Tucker they could have hidden the dominion settlement from their cult viewers, but surely even as stupid as fox viewrs are, they're gonna notice Tucker's gone and do some digging (or at least consult some memes) to find out why.

DonJuan
04-25-2023, 11:50 AM
At FOX, smart left the chat long ago.

In similar news, Don Lemon fired at CNN same weekend as the Swanson heir.

Yolobimmer
04-25-2023, 12:17 PM
it's actually a really, really stupid move IMO, At least with Super liar Tucker they could have hidden the dominion settlement from their cult viewers, but surely even as stupid as fox viewrs are, they're gonna notice Tucker's gone and do some digging (or at least consult some memes) to find out why.

This is why this was about Ukraine, not Dominion.

The dominion thing is done. The emails, texts, evidence out there. He can still be forced to testify etc. Firing him does nothing for this and future cases.

His stance on Ukraine is dangerous to the military industrial complex and his view is spreading (yes, a broken clock can be right, yadda yadda).

DonJuan
05-08-2023, 03:47 PM
https://twitter.com/i/status/1654180655582830592

I loled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usl7bWUt3tg

The story was funnier than the actual call.

Xtrema
05-09-2023, 06:31 PM
Tucker relaunch show on Twitter
https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/former-fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-says-will-relaunch-his-show-twitter-2023-05-09/

So thread merge?

kertejud2
05-09-2023, 09:32 PM
Tucker relaunch show on Twitter
https://www.reuters.com/business/media-telecom/former-fox-news-host-tucker-carlson-says-will-relaunch-his-show-twitter-2023-05-09/

So thread merge?

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/416045-Twitter-Musk-and-the-hilarious-meltdown?p=5052658#post5052658