PDA

View Full Version : BMW SIB Help

mr2mike
05-02-2023, 03:54 PM
This is the PCV Heater needing a fused line. But I suspect that the PCV heater has failed and caused issues in the PCV hose, etc.
Does BMW recall replace all parts or just put a fuse in there and call it a day? As I read the SIB, it does state that it can effect the whole PCV system if left long enough and this is a 2010 model.

Never done a recall before.

https://bmwrepairguide.com/sib/110122.pdf

GTR_Auto
05-02-2023, 08:49 PM
Recalls need to be completed at a dealership. They are generally no cost to the client

With this recall it looks like they will test the components in the PCV system if they are good then they will only update the harness. If there are parts that have failed due to the faulty heater than they will replace those specific parts.

ExtraSlow
05-02-2023, 09:28 PM
Call dealership and book it in. Don't overthink it. I've had recalls on several vehicles, and once the dealership has the parts, it's easy peasy.

mr2mike
05-02-2023, 09:37 PM
Good to know.
If other parts have failed relating to this recall, is it a customer "bend over" moment or all is covered?
Basically, I know stuff isn't right and was planning to fix it this spring. But if I don't have to and bmw does it, great.
If they expect me to pay $1500 beyond the recall, I'll do the work myself.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
05-02-2023, 09:45 PM
You can take it there and have the recall done, if they call you asking for money for stuff not covered just tell them nah.

dj_rice
05-02-2023, 10:01 PM
The way I read the recall from the Parts side, they will fix the wiring harness with a retrofit repair kit, and if theres further damage, they will replace PCV Blow-by-heater (Elbow/Angle Connector) and if required, the intake manifold and associated gaskets and then if its still fubared, they repair the engine harness.

They will only repair whats involved in the recall. Nothing else. If your car has other issues, they will obviously present you a quote and get your approval on proceeding or not. So if your having for ex fuel injection issues non-related to recall repair, then quote is made, approval to go ahead or declined.

mr2mike
05-02-2023, 10:33 PM
Beauty! Thanks guys.