PDA

View Full Version : Buying an engine from bucks, what does "complete engine" mean?

Thaco
05-04-2023, 08:15 PM
might be looking at an engine for my kid's beater, bucks has listed

"engine complete FI $270"

Very open to interpretation, can anybody who has actually purchased this from them recently, help me confirm what this actually means.

zieg
05-04-2023, 08:37 PM
Why not call and get it from the horse's mouth?

ExtraSlow
05-04-2023, 08:51 PM
I think it's an engine.

SJW
05-04-2023, 09:08 PM
I think it's an engine.

A complete engine can be rebuilt in an afternoon.

Thaco
05-04-2023, 09:17 PM
Why not call and get it from the horse's mouth?

they're closed.

- - - Updated - - -

should'a known i'd get typical beyond responses on this, which basically means nothing useful and not at all what i asked for.

SJW
05-04-2023, 09:24 PM
they're closed.

- - - Updated - - -

should'a known i'd get typical beyond responses on this, which basically means nothing useful and not at all what i asked for.

My daddy once told me “you get what you pay for”.

I’ll give you this. A poor man pays twice.

dj_rice
05-04-2023, 10:24 PM
Usually engines from wreckers complete means, for example, a diesel engine would include the engine/wiring harness/turbos. Usually.

ThePenIsMightier
05-04-2023, 10:57 PM
$270 is beyond suspiciously cheap. I used to pay about $1,200 for VW diesels installed and that was >20 years ago.

AndyL
05-05-2023, 07:09 AM
Bucks wasn't my favorite in my source from wrecker years.

My assumption was valve cover to oilpan basically a long block, no accessories nothing on the beltline. But they dinged me for the harmonic balancer and something else (flywheel maybe?) But it's been a very long time since I used the self serve wreckers regularly

Thaco
05-05-2023, 07:43 AM
Bucks wasn't my favorite in my source from wrecker years.

My assumption was valve cover to oilpan basically a long block, no accessories nothing on the beltline. But they dinged me for the harmonic balancer and something else (flywheel maybe?) But it's been a very long time since I used the self serve wreckers regularly

yeah that's what i assumed, we have the engine out of the car so it's no big deal to strip off the accessories, but obviously less work at no additional cost, is better.

SJW
05-05-2023, 07:45 AM
yeah that's what i assumed, we have the engine out of the car so it's no big deal to strip off the accessories, but obviously less work at no additional cost, is better.

How is bucks to deal with? I want to get some seats.

BerserkerCatSplat
05-05-2023, 08:31 AM
$270 is beyond suspiciously cheap. I used to pay about $1,200 for VW diesels installed and that was >20 years ago.

It's pretty typical for a U-pull yard like Bucks.