PDA

View Full Version : Watch servicing and batteries in the SW?

colsankey
05-09-2023, 10:32 AM
I have a few watches needing batteries as they stayed unused/unworn in the box most of CODID, and need a recommendation.

I used to go to watch warehouse in the NE for simple battery work, but I don't go to the NE much anymore so its quite out of the way.

Any recommendations for the Marda Loop or Chinook area for someone who takes drop ins and wont cost me an arm and a leg? Most of it's just battery swaps, I haven't needed a real service in a while.

ThePenIsMightier
05-09-2023, 10:40 AM
I have a few watches needing batteries as they stayed unused/unworn in the box most of CODID, and need a recommendation.

I used to go to watch warehouse in the NE for simple battery work, but I don't go to the NE much anymore so its quite out of the way.

Any recommendations for the Marda Loop or Chinook area for someone who takes drop ins and wont cost me an arm and a leg? Most of it's just battery swaps, I haven't needed a real service in a while.

There was a walking dildo in the Macleod/Heritage London Drugs electronics dept who would only change your battery if you told him your watch cost less than the battery...
So, don't try there.

XylathaneGTR
05-09-2023, 02:29 PM
Gonna piggyback onto this instead of making a new thread; anyone have any recommendations for regular ETA movement service? My daily is slowly losing time in greater increments and probably needs a look. I heard of a guy in Northland Mall but I didn't like how he rough-handled the case the last time he looked at one of my watches, so would prefer somewhere else. Not deadset on quadrant or location. Gracias amigos.

killramos
05-09-2023, 02:53 PM
Justin at Gem?

CarlLester
05-09-2023, 03:17 PM

Time Center in Willow Park. Not exactly the Chinook area, but not that far away.

88CRX
05-09-2023, 03:32 PM
I just go to the Bay to get my peasant LumTec's swapped out.

colsankey
05-09-2023, 06:11 PM
I ended up taking my Tissot to the chinook Bay just to get it done, was $45, felt like I was paying the baller luxery tax on a inexpensive supersport. Will shop around as i have a few more needing done.

Justing
05-10-2023, 10:00 AM
Justin at Gem?

Yessir, we can help with that!

$45 for a batt?? Damn we’re at $20. Should I be doubling prices? Lol
Reminder to all beyonders who have bought quartz watches from me, battery changes are free for life!

flipstah
05-10-2023, 10:03 AM
$45 for a battery? gtfo

City Time downtown is sorta SW?

Swank
05-10-2023, 10:49 AM
I bought one of these years ago and change the batteries myself, very easy.

https://www.amazon.ca/Professional-Adjustable-Rectangle-Remover-Watchmaker/dp/B076PJ519T/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=Watch+Case+Opener&qid=1683737262&sr=8-10

chongkee_
05-10-2023, 11:15 AM
Bought this as it has everything I need for changing batteries and swapping out straps.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CMT1J2X/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

ExtraSlow
05-10-2023, 03:04 PM
Reminder to all beyonders who have bought quartz watches from me, battery changes are free for life!
Quoted for emphasis.

colsankey
05-10-2023, 06:24 PM
Yessir, we can help with that!

$45 for a batt?? Damn we’re at $20. Should I be doubling prices? Lol

Guess i should see you, found the warranty card and this came from your shop.

The_Penguin
05-10-2023, 08:03 PM

DIY man. Case tools and teeny screwdrivers from Amazon, and you're all set.

GTR_Auto
05-10-2023, 08:38 PM
+1 for Justin at GEM