PDA

View Full Version : Tavarish's P1 rebuild is awesome

Buster
06-15-2023, 09:14 AM
When he pulled out that wiring harness near the end of the current video I actually said "holy fuck" out loud.

https://youtu.be/2hI1IY782ig

firebane
06-15-2023, 09:18 AM
I've been watching this for the sheer lulz. Dude is taking on a monumental project with that car lol.

Buster
06-15-2023, 09:20 AM
I've been watching this for the sheer lulz. Dude is taking on a monumental project with that car lol.

I feel like I need to watch these episodes like this:

andyg16
06-15-2023, 09:34 AM
So awesome I've always enjoyed his channel, sucks he had to sell the FnF Lambo for this thought. I really liked the end product of that build.

Darkane
06-15-2023, 12:13 PM
When he pulled out that wiring harness near the end of the current video I actually said "holy fuck" out loud.

https://youtu.be/2hI1IY782ig

Thanks. great video, I need to follow from the beginning now.

I haven't heard of this guy before. He's awesome.

firebane
06-15-2023, 12:19 PM
Thanks. great video, I need to follow from the beginning now.

I haven't heard of this guy before. He's awesome.

There is a group of 3 of them.. Tavarish, Jared (Questionable Garage), and Hoovie. They are all entertaining in their own ways. But Tavarish usually takes on the really big projects.

ThePenIsMightier
06-15-2023, 12:29 PM
LoL!
This is irreparable within any means of a budget.

firebane
06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
LoL!
This is irreparable within any means of a budget.

He paid I think 500k for a "2 million dollar" car and can use parts from other McLarens to try to save money.

ThePenIsMightier
06-15-2023, 12:35 PM
He paid I think 500k for a "2 million dollar" car and can use parts from other McLarens to try to save money.

I think I watched enough where he said some part he needed was >$700k. It's over. The diminished value of even regular cars that have been repaired after flooding is tremendous. The value of this car after repair will be so low, it's just entertainment to make the videos.

shakalaka
06-15-2023, 12:40 PM
He will lose money on the car itself but he will make multiple times more from the revenue videos will generate so he's sitting pretty.

bjstare
06-15-2023, 01:52 PM
He will lose money on the car itself but he will make multiple times more from the revenue videos will generate so he's sitting pretty.

Yeah exactly, the biggest lever on the ROI is the youtube views, the car is just a means to get this.

I got a kick out of the 720 (or maybe 765?) he built last year. Constantly says "build it better than original" or whatever, and weeks after finishing it, he posts a picture of the car with a massive pool of oil on the side of the road after it grenaded itself haha. But again... it's just for the views. I'm sure he knows you can't actually build it better than when it came from the factory.

ThePenIsMightier
06-15-2023, 01:57 PM
Yeah exactly, the biggest lever on the ROI is the youtube views, the car is just a means to get this.

I got a kick out of the 720 (or maybe 765?) he built last year. Constantly says "build it better than original" or whatever, and weeks after finishing it, he posts a picture of the car with a massive pool of oil on the side of the road after it grenaded itself haha. But again... it's just for the views. I'm sure he knows you can't actually build it better than when it came from the factory.

Meh, with McLaren??
You sure about that?

Buster

bjstare
06-15-2023, 02:00 PM
Haha I anticipated that response before I even hit the post button. I suppose I should've specified the engine. Pretty sure everything else about mclaren build quality is suspect, but I'm also no expert.

shakalaka
06-15-2023, 02:07 PM

The fact that he has the skills and aptitude to even 'put together' cars of this nature as a DIY is hugely impressive to me and good for him to be able to use social media to capitalize on that. Just because I don't have the ability and the brains to do it, I can't hate on a guy like that. Haha.

Gman.45
06-15-2023, 02:43 PM
I've always like his content, and fixing/restoring a P1 that was previously going to be needing a boat registration, is an impressive feat (so far).

I do like McLaren as a company too, despite their QA issues with silly things like huge panel gaps frequently happening on 350$k and up cars which are brand new. When I next go to the UK I want to visit both McLaren and especially Lotus, right after the Duxford air/war museum.

ThePenIsMightier
06-15-2023, 02:48 PM
My friend's BMW i8 had a catastrophic series of errors that cratered its main batteries and brain and other things. Fucking thing was in the shop for around 6 months and was simply never the same car afterward.
*Also, it was never under water...

I am leaning towards this P1 not functioning beyond 49% of its capability no matter how long this highly skilled guy spends on it.

BavarianBeast
06-15-2023, 04:04 PM
I remember seeing this P1 all over instagram when the floods first got it. Physically floated out of the guys garage and into the street/against a tree ha ha.

Pretty cool project but I wouldn’t touch a flood damaged hybrid even if I had endless funds haha

Buster
06-15-2023, 05:03 PM

As was mentioned, Mclarens are built like shit - I've seen it with my own eyes. Even in this P1 video the panels have giant shim stacks form the factory just to get the panels to align. The instrument binnacle was broken and glued together - from the factory.

He blue up the 675 because it over-boosted it (by a lot) and Mclaren engines are very delicate as a result of attempted weight savings.

I think I watched enough where he said some part he needed was >$700k. It's over. The diminished value of even regular cars that have been repaired after flooding is tremendous. The value of this car after repair will be so low, it's just entertainment to make the videos.

I'm not so sure about this. This is the most famous P1 on the planet, with this build (and it's instagram history). Same as his Murci was the most famous Murci of all time because of his project and it's roots.

People pay money for a story on a car. What kind of premium will they pay for the most famous P1 in existence? Who knows.

ThePenIsMightier
06-15-2023, 05:28 PM
I'm not so sure about this. This is the most famous P1 on the planet, with this build (and it's instagram history). Same as his Murci was the most famous Murci of all time because of his project and it's roots.

People pay money for a story on a car. What kind of premium will they pay for the most famous P1 in existence? Who knows.

Just because flammable and inflammable turn out to mean the same thing, it's still important to not confuse famous with infamous.

killramos
06-15-2023, 05:38 PM
Never heard of him

finboy
06-15-2023, 07:18 PM
He’s a good watch, was nice seeing rich rebuilds and Stevn helping him out given the legal issues they are dealing with

Buster
06-15-2023, 07:28 PM
He’s a good watch, was nice seeing rich rebuilds and Stevn helping him out given the legal issues they are dealing with

Legal issues?

finboy
06-16-2023, 05:24 AM
Legal issues?

Rich bought a borderline legal 1000hp drag car, Steven drove it on the road, lost control, and crashed into trees/a parked car. Steven went missing from the channel and rich is selling a lot of cars to cover “expenses” currently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RichRebuilds/comments/11vyf71/selling_off_my_beloved_bmw_i8_supercar_to_pay_my/

you&me
06-16-2023, 09:00 AM
Rich bought a borderline legal 1000hp drag car, Steven drove it on the road, lost control, and crashed into trees/a parked car. Steven went missing from the channel and rich is selling a lot of cars to cover “expenses” currently.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RichRebuilds/comments/11vyf71/selling_off_my_beloved_bmw_i8_supercar_to_pay_my/

I've literally never heard of, seen any content from these guys, but that sort of decision making seems consistent with DIY'ing a flooded P1 :rofl:

Buster
06-16-2023, 09:07 AM

Oh, were those guys the ones that helped with the battery thing?

LilDrunkenSmurf
06-16-2023, 09:13 AM
Oh, were those guys the ones that helped with the battery thing?

Yeah, the ones that helped him pull it.

If you like restos, you should check out M539 restorations. It's BMW specific, but the guy is super knowledgable and works on a ton of older and newer BMWs. Everything is OEM quality, and done extremely well. And he's based out of Germany.

He just finished restoring an E39 530i touring that "should never be put back on the road".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7b4mopGWGU

Buster
06-16-2023, 09:17 AM

If you like restos, you should check out M539 restorations. It's BMW specific, but the guy is super knowledgable and works on a ton of older and newer BMWs. Everything is OEM quality, and done extremely well. And he's based out of Germany.

He just finished restoring an E39 530i touring that "should never be put back on the road".

I like Tavarish because he does hilarious shit that nobody else would do.

I also like the Ratarossa guy doing his ferraris. Mostly because he's changing entire suspension setups with a jack on the street, lol.

finboy
06-16-2023, 09:22 AM

Sreten *almost* makes me think it would be fun to own a bmw… *almost*

bjstare
06-16-2023, 09:38 AM
I like Tavarish because he does hilarious shit that nobody else would do.

I also like the Ratarossa guy doing his ferraris. Mostly because he's changing entire suspension setups with a jack on the street, lol.

I'm a fan of Ratarossa as well.

Also Stanceworks. He's done many amazing builds over the years, but his latest has to be one of my faves. K24 swapped Ferrari 308. Not only is it a sick car, it makes Ferrari fanboys mad, and I really like that.

https://youtu.be/3CGyAghcCh4

Buster
06-16-2023, 09:55 AM
I'm a fan of Ratarossa as well.

Also Stanceworks. He's done many amazing builds over the years, but his latest has to be one of my faves. K24 swapped Ferrari 308. Not only is it a sick car, it makes Ferrari fanboys mad, and I really like that.

The Ferrari community is kinda weird. It's also obsessed with mileage, which is annoying. That's the best part about Mclarens - they don't seem to be as sensitive to mileage in the used market. So you can buy something and drive it without having to constantly calculate your $$$/km, which is what ferrari people seem to do constantly.

bjstare
06-16-2023, 10:07 AM
The Ferrari community is kinda weird. It's also obsessed with mileage, which is annoying. That's the best part about Mclarens - they don't seem to be as sensitive to mileage in the used market. So you can buy something and drive it without having to constantly calculate your $$$/km, which is what ferrari people seem to do constantly.

That's because Ferrari people, at least with the small sample size that I've encountered, are cunts.

Buster
06-16-2023, 10:28 AM
That's because Ferrari people, at least with the small sample size that I've encountered, are cunts.

This is true of every high end car brand. It's why you would never catch me on one of those rallies or at a C+C etc.

ThePenIsMightier
06-16-2023, 11:27 AM
I'm a fan of Ratarossa as well....

Me too. Some videos are better than others, but still good.

finboy
06-16-2023, 06:49 PM
I just want to see the f40 build, kind of over the bbi build honestly

Team_Mclaren
06-17-2023, 10:08 AM
Tavarish is fun to watch cause he present himself as a everyday car guy that is likeable. You can feel the struggles in the builds via his videos.

It's why you would never catch me on one of those rallies or at a C+C etc.

holy fuck isnt that the truth. Those Supercar rallies are the biggest virtual dick measuring contest ever.

Buster
06-17-2023, 10:16 AM
Tavarish is fun to watch cause he present himself as a everyday car guy that is likeable. You can feel the struggles in the builds via his videos.

holy fuck isnt that the truth. Those Supercar rallies are the biggest virtual dick measuring contest ever.

I think you're my people.

A brotha from anotha motha.

Buster
06-26-2023, 05:15 PM
That turbo tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIaJwnPkeVA

max_boost
06-26-2023, 05:27 PM

Why is that? The obsession with mileage

- - - Updated - - -

I think you're my people.

A brotha from anotha motha.

Cute lol

Buster
06-26-2023, 05:36 PM
Why is that? The obsession with mileage

I'd love to know. I think it might be because Ferrari is such an aspirational brand, a lot of people stretch buy one. So depreciation is more important to them.

max_boost
06-26-2023, 06:11 PM
I think F cars are quite the status symbol :D

civic_stylez
06-29-2023, 02:13 PM
I'd love to know. I think it might be because Ferrari is such an aspirational brand, a lot of people stretch buy one. So depreciation is more important to them.

From may days working there, it was crazy how many people "owned" a Ferrari but had never really driven a Ferrari. Everything with them is OE specific and how pristine the condition is. We had a guy with a 308 with 300 miles on it.. not 300,000.. 300. He used to trailer it in, do the services and trailer it home. I asked him if he had ever driven it and his response "God no!, its MINT"... always made me wonder what the point was. I understand a 250GT or something beyond rare but seeing all these exotic cars for sale with sub 1000kms is crazy. Yes, I get they go up in value but so do houses and im not buying a mansion and sleeping in a tent off the property to keep it mint.

We had a few guys with Gallardos over 100,000kms and I always gave them credit as drivers, not owners.

Buster
06-29-2023, 02:18 PM
From may days working there, it was crazy how many people "owned" a Ferrari but had never really driven a Ferrari. Everything with them is OE specific and how pristine the condition is. We had a guy with a 308 with 300 miles on it.. not 300,000.. 300. He used to trailer it in, do the services and trailer it home. I asked him if he had ever driven it and his response "God no!, its MINT"... always made me wonder what the point was. I understand a 250GT or something beyond rare but seeing all these exotic cars for sale with sub 1000kms is crazy. Yes, I get they go up in value but so do houses and im not buying a mansion and sleeping in a tent off the property to keep it mint.

We had a few guys with Gallardos over 100,000kms and I always gave them credit as drivers, not owners.

Ferraris are nice. The customer base is insufferable

bjstare
06-29-2023, 02:59 PM
Ferraris are nice. The customer base is insufferable

I’ve heard some people say they’re mostly cunts.

ThePenIsMightier
08-26-2023, 11:54 PM
Updates?
I wanted to look out up myself and potentially gloat, but I haven't. This seems so foolishly impossible, but I honestly haven't looked and would be intrigued to be proven wrong.

firebane
08-27-2023, 06:58 AM
Updates?
I wanted to look out up myself and potentially gloat, but I haven't. This seems so foolishly impossible, but I honestly haven't looked and would be intrigued to be proven wrong.

You will be proven wrong. He has made a lot of progress. Don't be lazy and just watch the videos.

bjstare
08-27-2023, 07:31 AM
You will be proven wrong. He has made a lot of progress. Don't be lazy and just watch the videos.

Not being lazy is the primary reason I don’t have time to watch YouTube videos.

Darkane
10-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Just watching the latest ep, he has Chris from Unobtanium in his shop fabing the exhaust.

LT7lrn3nIjo