Brent.ff
06-20-2023, 06:21 PM
Best place to get?

Buster
06-20-2023, 06:24 PM
home depot

ExtraSlow
06-20-2023, 06:25 PM
Liquor stores, I reccomend superstore. Or just buy some from Uhaul if you need better/stronger/larger.

pheoxs
06-20-2023, 06:30 PM
Uhaul, at a buck a box just get proper ones that stack nicely. Or marketplace you can usually find some to reuse.

costco liquor usually has a huge stack by their entrance if you want to go that route.

SKR
06-20-2023, 07:02 PM
Get rubbermaid totes and then sell them when you're done. Or keep them because they don't take up much space. They stack, they're all the same size, you can kick the shit out of them and they're at least somewhat weatherproof. Cardboard boxes is amateur hour.

Brent.ff
06-20-2023, 07:10 PM
Ya was informed by my wife I wouldn’t be doing liquor boxes and random sizes this time around

npham
06-20-2023, 07:12 PM
I've got a bunch you can have, if bjstare doesn't want them.

nismodrifter
06-20-2023, 07:17 PM
Home depot

brucebanner
06-20-2023, 07:20 PM
Get rubbermaid totes and then sell them when you're done. Or keep them because they don't take up much space. They stack, they're all the same size, you can kick the shit out of them and they're at least somewhat weatherproof. Cardboard boxes is amateur hour.

This.

Recently bought a bunch of Costco totes, return them afterwards if you want. $12.50 each, 102L capacity I believe.

gmc72
06-21-2023, 08:24 AM
We used U-Haul boxes for our last move. Then we passed them on to the MIL for their move this summer. The medium size seemed to work well for us.

schurchill39
06-27-2023, 05:50 AM
Uhaul, at a buck a box just get proper ones that stack nicely. Or marketplace you can usually find some to reuse.
This is what we did for half of our boxes except we found them on marketplace for cheap. We then flipped them for what we paid so ended up cost neutral.

We also did this. I picked up 12 totes from a lady over by COP and we actually ended up keepin all of them for general storage in the garage. I think I was around $2.50 per bin

spike98
06-27-2023, 06:03 AM
If you do go cardboard, I also recommend uhaul. You can return unused ones. Totes are the way to go though. I find myself buying more totes all the time for storage and having a bunch on hand right now would really help.

killramos
06-27-2023, 06:19 AM
If you buy the multi pack at Home Depot online shipped to you there are pretty good discounts.

Note they have different grades, and the heavy duty ones are good but pretty expensive.

S-FLY
06-27-2023, 08:22 AM

Then lend them to friends who need them for moving and only receive half of them back.
Ask me how I know.

schurchill39
06-27-2023, 10:38 AM
If you buy the multi pack at Home Depot online shipped to you there are pretty good discounts.

Note they have different grades, and the heavy duty ones are good but pretty expensive.

I totally forgot about the Home Depot ones. Their heavy duty wardrobe boxes were awesome for moving. Packed up the closet in about 5 minutes.

killramos
06-27-2023, 10:53 AM
Yup and their online bulk packs are much cheaper than buying individual boxes in store.

Buy a bull pack for 80-90% of what you need. Then top up from there.

Btw if HD offends you I think Rona or Lowes sells exactly the same crap

ShermanEF9
06-27-2023, 05:20 PM

This. We had my wife's work buy us a whole bunch when we moved cities. It was a much better way to go about it.

killramos
06-27-2023, 05:21 PM
It would probably be cheaper to just have the movers do everything lol

msommers
06-27-2023, 05:58 PM
Lots of people give away boxes on FB marketplace for free. Most produce boxes, particularly apple boxes, are incredibly sturdy.

tonytiger55
06-27-2023, 11:13 PM
Depending on the delivery date, liquor stores will have some smaller boxes that they will give you.