PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket - do I have to talk to the prosec. on the day of trial

Iceni
04-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

I got pulled over for doing 77 in a 60 zone. :banghead: $110 and, most of all, the demerits.

I'd like to go down to RMP to talk to the prosecutor sooner than later. After searching the forums, it seems to be suggested that I go down on the trial date. Can I go there any day earlier or should I follow the status quo?

I appreciate the help.

AJ

Weapon_R
04-05-2004, 10:13 AM
you can go any time before the trial date of your ticket.

Ben
04-05-2004, 11:55 AM
ALWAYS GO BEFORE TRIAL DATE!

That way if something happens and you cant mak it of the CP ain there, you're not screwed. :rolleyes:

Go in the morning too. CP can leave after he's seen a certain amount of people. I've gone in at 1:30 and he was gone for the day.

Iceni
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the help guys,

Here is what happened to me:

I arrived around 7:45. The office didn't open until 8:15 so I simply waited and waited. By 8:15, about 10 people were waiting with me.
I went to the yellow taped line and waited for a Justice of the Peace to call me. I told her I would like to speak to a prosecutor about my speeding ticket and handed her the ticket. She booked it in. Down the hall, I had a seat in front of the prosecutors office. At about 9:15, he opened the door and let me in. I explained to him I had never had a ticket before and I was wondering if he could help me out with the demerits. He said ok as my speeding wasn't too excessive (I still had to pay the $110). After I left the prosecutors office, I waited for the Justice of the Peace to accept the change (about another 2 minutes) and went to pay at the cashier. I made it to work at about 10am.

It all worked out about as well as I expected. Thanks again for all the information. I had no idea how I would do this if it wasn't for beyond.ca.

AJ

Ben
04-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Glad it all worked out :thumbsup:

Gonthro
04-06-2004, 12:30 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MM99lude
04-06-2004, 04:39 PM
nice glad it worked out for ya! i'll be doing the same thing in a few days!:banghead:

benyl
04-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Going in tomorrow myself...

EternalRage
04-09-2004, 11:37 AM
so you can go down there at anytime before the date on the ticket? should i wait a week or so for them to get all the information transfered down there, or does it go right away,

i just got a $402 ticket for stunting, the shitty part is that i wasent even stunting, i was pulling out of a parking lot on 48th, and my rear tires hit the row of pea gravel that is still on the road, when my tire spinned, i got pulled over and the cop told me i was doing it intentionally, fourtunatly i had a witness in the truck and he can come with me if necessary to state my case, and i took pictures of the road,

http://www.renewedimport.com/Images/72ave/gravel%20road%20001.jpg

should i go down early? ( the date on the ticket isint untill may4th)
do you think i should get a lawyer?
do i have a case?

the ticket dosent say how many demerits, does anybody know?
:dunno:

Ben
04-09-2004, 12:25 PM
I would definatly fight that ticket, wait a week for the ticket to get sent in, and then head down. I would print that photo off too. That ticket is at least 4 demerits.

EternalRage
04-09-2004, 06:36 PM
yeah i think it is a 7 demirit ticket,