PDA

View Full Version : People are fucks.

03ozwhip
08-14-2023, 06:05 PM
So tired of trying to keep a safe distance from people evetlyhwree I go just for someone to do this. Can this be fixed easily and cheap-ish somewhere? Can't feel it, just looks bad.

https://i.imgur.com/5Sb8PJj.jpeg

Darell_n
08-14-2023, 06:14 PM
Clay bar should take that off no problem.

BavarianBeast
08-14-2023, 06:29 PM
That’s shitty, my wife got hit pretty good in the parking lot the other day too with no note. People are brutal these days, no respect for other peoples shit

03ozwhip
08-14-2023, 06:57 PM
Clay bar should take that off no problem.

I hope so.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s shitty, my wife got hit pretty good in the parking lot the other day too with no note. People are brutal these days, no respect for other peoples shit

No matter how far away a guy tries to stay away from people they just love to park beside a guy, I feel like they just want to piss me off

max_boost
08-14-2023, 07:00 PM
confirmed
ppl no care
every car i've owned has had a ding, scratch etc.
inevitable
things that grind my gears!

ShermanEF9
08-14-2023, 08:09 PM

Yeah, my wifes explorer has a nice dent in the door. She got that one about a month after getting the car.. Mind you, shes a park by the door kind of person.

nismodrifter
08-14-2023, 10:23 PM
Clay bar and some polishing afterwards should make that look like it never happened. Yes people are shitty. I'm back to parking at the furthest spot in my new vehicle. In the end it too will get damaged. Just a car I guess...it took me a loooonng time to be able to think about a car and other material items like that.

redline
08-14-2023, 11:02 PM

Pauly Boy
08-15-2023, 03:39 PM
Yeah, my wifes explorer has a nice dent in the door. She got that one about a month after getting the car.. Mind you, shes a park by the door kind of person.

The wife used to work at the mall when we first got together. She had a Heep Patriot and would park in the first stall by one of the entrances since the curb had a big tree for shade. Passenger side was immaculate but the driver side had a dozen dents, paint scrapes & scratches because of this, rofl.

EmJay
08-15-2023, 04:08 PM
Claybar with a few passes from a polisher should take a majority of that out. A few months ago I found a similar marking (except blue) and managed to get a majority of it out to the point where it's only noticeable if you're a few inches away from the panel and it's pointed out.

Can confirm that people do suck and don't care about other peoples things as last week I discovered a decent marking on my passenger door. Super frustrating as I always park away from everyone and still manage to get scratches and dings.

mr2mike
08-15-2023, 07:31 PM
Same here. Parked in a "rich Realtor type of green space"
You can't tell me you couldn't tell your vehicle rubbing across my. Bumper down to the plastic?!

03ozwhip
08-15-2023, 09:14 PM
Same here. Parked in a "rich Realtor type of green space"
You can't tell me you couldn't tell your vehicle rubbing across my. Bumper down to the plastic?!

Is it just that people hate bmws or what lol

- - - Updated - - -

Claybar with a few passes from a polisher should take a majority of that out. A few months ago I found a similar marking (except blue) and managed to get a majority of it out to the point where it's only noticeable if you're a few inches away from the panel and it's pointed out.

Can confirm that people do suck and don't care about other peoples things as last week I discovered a decent marking on my passenger door. Super frustrating as I always park away from everyone and still manage to get scratches and dings.

Another bmw lol

mr2mike
08-15-2023, 10:07 PM
Definitely a noticeable difference in driving one.
You need to make your move into a lane. Signal and everyone speeds up. Definitely no courtesy unless another ultimate driving machine, driver.

Tik-Tok
08-15-2023, 10:26 PM
You need to make your move into a lane. Signal and everyone speeds up.

So what's the noticeable difference? That just sounds like a normal day in Calgary no matter what you're driving.

killramos
08-16-2023, 07:13 AM
See I think the issue is just that they were all black cars, so obviously the other driver had no idea it was there.

03ozwhip
08-16-2023, 09:03 AM
See I think the issue is just that they were all black cars, so obviously the other driver had no idea it was there.

You're on to something lol

Maxt
08-20-2023, 08:49 AM
My work truck is a dually so I park in a way to leave a lot of room around the truck, and I don't go squeezing it into small spots, yet my doors look like someone took a pick hammer to them.

Swank
08-22-2023, 12:59 PM
I don't hate this.

Kloubek
08-23-2023, 07:07 PM
Not sure if you've tried fixing it yet, OZ, but that looks to largely be paint transfer. For stuff like that I've oddly had good success with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, of all things. It does tend to dull the paint but a buff is needed here in any event...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-23-2023, 07:28 PM
Not sure if you've tried fixing it yet, OZ, but that looks to largely be paint transfer. For stuff like that I've oddly had good success with Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, of all things. It does tend to dull the paint but a buff is needed here in any event...

Magic erasers are an abrasive so you need to be careful on paint.

Disoblige
08-23-2023, 08:59 PM
This is absolutely the worst advice anyone could give. Please do NOT use Magic Eraser on your car. FFS.

This isn't Reddit.

mr2mike
08-23-2023, 09:10 PM
Please debate here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/comments/sn1iet/magic_erasers_debate/

Disoblige
08-23-2023, 09:23 PM
Lmao.