PDA

View Full Version : Recommended car seat protector - Kids/carseat

Ekliptix
09-07-2023, 04:10 PM
Anyone have any good experiences with a particular car seat protector for the back seat, against kids/car seats? Mainly looking to manage spills, crumbs, car-seat pressure, etc.

Thanks

ThePenIsMightier
09-07-2023, 04:22 PM
Anyone have any good experiences with a particular car seat protector for the back seat, against kids/car seats? Mainly looking to manage spills, crumbs, car-seat pressure, etc.

Thanks

Someone was recently asking about this in the "New Dad" thread or whatever it's called.

killramos
09-07-2023, 05:14 PM
“School me on being a dad” thread.

I like the diono stiffer ones. Some others liked some other brand.

Both likely good buys

Darell_n
09-07-2023, 05:34 PM
I’ve always just used the factory carpet floor mats for the vehicle in question. (always upgraded the mats to rubber)

nismodrifter
09-07-2023, 06:06 PM
I’ve always just used the factory carpet floor mats for the vehicle in question. (always upgraded the mats to rubber)

I did this when I just purchased my vehicle. Thanks for posting about this in the dad thread. Good hack.

I went with the Brica seat protectors based on a recommendation in that thread. Very happy with them. Here is one of them installed. 115389

arcticcat522
09-08-2023, 11:03 AM
I use a towel....easy to through in the wash every so often

ExtraSlow
09-08-2023, 11:12 AM
This, you cowards.

killramos
09-08-2023, 02:07 PM
This, you cowards.

Fabric? Do you even children?

XylathaneGTR
09-08-2023, 02:18 PM
I went with the Brica seat protectors based on a recommendation in that thread. Very happy with them. Here is one of them installed. 115389
I used to use an old thin blanket, but recently swapped it out for something very similar to this (but sourced via Jeff Bezos' finest). Pretty happy I did - daughter had a pee accident in the wife's new car coming home from the pool the other day (literally as we were pulling into the garage - ugh) and it went through the car-seat fabric and into the "frame" of plastic carseat itself, and of course leaked from there. Thankfully, this protector was water-proof so the pee just pooled there and didn't go anywhere. Had i stuck with the towel/blanket setup, it woulda soaked in and I would have had some nice fresh pee on the leather (and into those perforated seats).
Well worth the 25 bucks or whatever the protector cost