PDA

View Full Version : JDM... I know I know, but what about those with the K24a

r3ccOs
10-16-2023, 02:36 PM
Being that we are now at a point where we absolutely and unequovically know what are reliable motors, and models... esp from Toyota & Honda and as a number of the motors from the mid-2Ks have had a fairly long run-time, I'm thinking maybe its now a good time to look at practical, cheap JDM vehicles, albiet some RHDs?

My eye is on an Odyssey with the K24a... I mean 6 seater, AWD option, up to 201HP reliable motor... would there be really any reason not to? I assume the drivetrain wouild be very much CRV like and that parts should be cross exchangable, or at the least, relatively available being such an international vehicle.

thoughts?

Ca_Silvia13
10-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Like any high-ish km motor, 15+ year old chassis. You run into weird failures like accessories, steering racks etc. This is a issue for any JDM vehicle that comes over. Part interchangeability with what we have over here is a big deal. My old S13's were not a problem, i did have a Stagea that certain items were a lot more difficult to get. It's a roll of the dice.

haggis88
10-18-2023, 07:17 AM
I think the RB1/2 odyssey is built on the Euro/JDM Accord chassis, although there will be a lot of CR-V parts that would interchange