PDA

View Full Version : F'ing ticket.

dcast10101
04-05-2004, 12:57 PM
First of all hello, I'm new to the forum.

Second is I was driving home from dropping my sis at school today, and was heading down Anderson from the Tsuu Tina gas station (Sarcee) towards 14th. Ok so anyone familiar with SW Calgary knows that there is construction (well no there isnt constuction on this stretch but it is still a construction zone). Anyways I have driven that road like everyday of my 16 year life, and it has always been 70, so obviously that is the natural speed that I would do. There are always cops there but this morning it was early and I had to get up at 7 on a morning that I should have slepped in so I am mad sleepy. Anyways I get caught doing 79 in the 50 zone (the guy behind me got pulled over too and he was cruising maybe 90. Anyways this is my first ticket in the nearly 3 years that I have gotten, but it is 172 bucks, and whatever number of demerits that it 3?

Now my question is what is the chance that I gane get the demerits removed from this. It is a bitch that it is so gd expensive but i would rather pay it and not have the demerits and much higher insurance than get the ticket reduced and have a huge insurance hike.

What do you think my chances are for having the demerits removed, and what is the best strategy for persuasion of the JP?

Thanks a ton!

QuasarCav
04-05-2004, 01:26 PM
there are o tonne of these threads going around lately, just do a search for "speeding ticket" of justice of peace" and you'll find it!!

dcast10101
04-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I've read quite a few of them but what do you think the chances are that I get teh demerits off, reduced fine, or both if I plead with the JP telling him it is my first ticket and I'm used to it being a 70 zone and I can't afford the demerits.

Also can any JP do this cause I have a couple a friends of a the family that are JP's as well as a lawyer. Our family is also friend with the Police chief, dep, po chief, and some detectives. Is it possible for them to fix it up or is that too much of a conflict of interest?

QuasarCav
04-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Also can any JP do this cause I have a couple a friends of a the family that are JP's as well as a lawyer. Our family is also friend with the Police chief, dep, po chief, and some detectives. Is it possible for them to fix it up or is that too much of a conflict of interest?

You should definatly talk to them!!, if you could arrange it for one of them to be there when you go to talk it could go very well for you.

I always thought that he could only remove 2 demerits of one ticket.

I didn't even ask for anything, he asked me what i wanted and I said i don;t like the demerits. didn't say anything about the cash and he dropped it from 307 to 172. just be nice and don't bring up some shit about how the person in front was going twice as fast, or the cop stank and had it in for you.

So go for it and see what the legal system will do for you!!!

and for god's sake quit speeding, your gonna get a ticket;)

dcast10101
04-05-2004, 02:12 PM
Haha, I am pretty good at predicting the cops. Calgarian radar are brutally obvious. The cop was nice though, he gave me a month to get my shit together which was better than parking tickets. I will see what I can do. They are busy people, but good family friends so I will get my dad to ask. It would be amazing to have the deputy chief there but I am not sure that they would want to put themselves into a compromising situation like that. Its so damn embarassing that I got the ticket there, I am embarassed to tell my dad cause whenever we drive down that road we are like, yeah the cops always sit there, and behind that sign, and stuff like that but it was so damn early. I don't want this to screw my already high insurance.