PDA

View Full Version : Alergie test in Calgary?

eblend
12-09-2023, 01:57 PM
Hello. Wife and I are looking to get alergie tests done. We are up in Mexico right now and wife developed a rash on her legs. This basically happens every time we are on vacation and her skin is generally pretty sensitive. We don't know if it's a sun alergie, alergie to something in sun screen, or something in the food, as we have been eating lots of seafood, which we don't eat too much at home normally. Basically we don't know if she is allergic to food, sun, sunscreen or something else, but finally decided to do something about it. I want to get a test done as well just for kicks and giggles, I get some rashes on my scalp out of nowhere every once in a while as well.

What's the process for this type of thing? Any recommendations on where to go. Do we have to go to family doctor first for recommendations? Any of this covered by ahs or medical insurance?

Thanks!

ExtraSlow
12-09-2023, 02:18 PM
A referral from the family doc helps, but I think not mandatory. Last time my kids was tested, we did have a referral, and there was still a $60 cost. I assume the cost is higher without a referral.

Call any allergy clinic and ask them. They'd know. We've used and were happy with Dr Alex Lyttle.

ExtraSlow
12-09-2023, 02:38 PM
Actually that doc might just do pediatric stuff. But the clinic probably has other doctors. Call on Monday.

ThePenIsMightier
12-09-2023, 02:55 PM
"You are allergic or have a strong sensitivity to: dairy, gluten, red meat, alcohol, carbohydrates, all pollen, smoke, washing detergent, perfume and lotion."

-Every Allergy Test Ever

msommers
12-09-2023, 03:54 PM
I had a family doc refer me to Pinnacle Medical in Hamptons, process was easy and I liked the Doc there.

suntan
12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
You should ask for Doctor Doctor.

ExtraSlow
12-09-2023, 04:31 PM
he will give you the news.

roopi
12-09-2023, 05:44 PM
Heat/sun rash?

SKR
12-09-2023, 06:36 PM
You should ask for Doctor Doctor.

he will give you the news.

Heat/sun rash?

roopi in with the combo breaker.

ExtraSlow
12-09-2023, 06:57 PM
Yeah, he could have at least said "a bad case of heat or sun rash for you."

roopi
12-09-2023, 07:50 PM
haha sorry guys. I read the first post and responded. I should know better. I've read all of them now and I blew it.

suntan
12-10-2023, 10:56 AM
He's real - tested our kids after we found out that my oldest is allergic to walnuts. Strange thing is my sister is allergic to walnuts.

https://associateclinic.com/dr-joel-doctor/

haggis88
12-10-2023, 11:59 AM
"You are allergic or have a strong sensitivity to: dairy, gluten, red meat, alcohol, carbohydrates, all pollen, smoke, washing detergent, perfume and lotion."

-Every Allergy Test Ever

They gave my wife the big grid thing on her back where they add all the allergens, only thing that showed up was grass lol

Darell_n
12-10-2023, 02:04 PM
He's real - tested our kids after we found out that my oldest is allergic to walnuts. Strange thing is my sister is allergic to walnuts.

https://associateclinic.com/dr-joel-doctor/

Too easy, no comment.

CompletelyNumb
12-10-2023, 02:56 PM
Dr Doctor, gimme the news