PDA

View Full Version : New Cop Tactic

davidI
04-05-2004, 01:29 PM
Some of you may have seen this before but it's a first for me. Today I saw an undercover on Bow Trail West by Shaganappi Golf Course in the left hand turn lane with his trunk open, spare predominantly displayed and hazards on. He was nailing people with a laser and didn't have on any safety gear so there was no way to see him. I was heading the other direction, to the university but I was thinking about why this is a BAD trap. Personally, when I see a car having troubles on the side of the road I try to get out of the lane right next to it so as not to hit them if they come walking around the side or something. To do this I usually end up accelerating ahead of traffic (thus breaking the limit). I didn't get pics unfortunately but I thought I'd give you guys the heads up anyways!

QuasarCav
04-05-2004, 01:36 PM
yeah, they are getting sneaky.

In a playground zone in coventry hills, which is bad for speeders they had a plain clothes cop kneeling beside a van and scanning people.

I couldn't see him at first until i got the glare of the radar gun.

davidI
04-05-2004, 01:48 PM
haha, I can't wait until they're hiding in the grass in those crazy sniper suits where you can't see anything!

Pete92SL
04-05-2004, 02:18 PM
I was going down Glenmore East and there was a cop on the top of the bridge that goes from 14th St to Glenmore. He was pointing down with his laser thing and then merging onto Glenmore to catch them!

Crazy stuff!

Pete

B17a
04-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Some of you may have seen this before but it's a first for me. Today I saw an undercover on Bow Trail West by Shaganappi Golf Course in the left hand turn lane with his trunk open, spare predominantly displayed and hazards on. He was nailing people with a laser and didn't have on any safety gear so there was no way to see him. I was heading the other direction, to the university but I was thinking about why this is a BAD trap. Personally, when I see a car having troubles on the side of the road I try to get out of the lane right next to it so as not to hit them if they come walking around the side or something. To do this I usually end up accelerating ahead of traffic (thus breaking the limit). I didn't get pics unfortunately but I thought I'd give you guys the heads up anyways!

Wow that is sneaky. I've seen them there before but parked up off the road at the bus stop when you're going west on Bow right at the Shag golf course. Also, further up Bow past Westbrook, they've been doing the same thing on the north side of Bow, unmarked car with laser.

Gonthro
04-05-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
yeah, they are getting sneaky.

In a playground zone in coventry hills, which is bad for speeders they had a plain clothes cop kneeling beside a van and scanning people.

I couldn't see him at first until i got the glare of the radar gun.

i hope they get little kids out there with lasers to trap people in school zones, anyone speeding in a school or playgound zones deserves to get caught

izzoblitzo
04-05-2004, 02:38 PM
I went to Spokane a couple years ago, and back then, they were having trouble with people speeding through construction zones, so they posted a police officer in construction gear with a radar that looked like he was holding a surveying aparatus.. and once you speed through, there were officers on bikes behind a dump truck. :D

sleeper
04-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Gonthro

i hope they get little kids out there with lasers to trap people in school zones, anyone speeding in a school or playgound zones deserves to get caught

I agree

Fluidic
04-05-2004, 03:17 PM
anyone speeding in a school or playgound zones deserves to get caught

Agreed

xkon
04-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by izzoblitzo
I went to Spokane a couple years ago, and back then, they were having trouble with people speeding through construction zones, so they posted a police officer in construction gear with a radar that looked like he was holding a surveying aparatus.. and once you speed through, there were officers on bikes behind a dump truck. :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
id pay that ticket, they deserve to catch ppl with that tactic!!

403Gemini
04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by davidI
haha, I can't wait until they're hiding in the grass in those crazy sniper suits where you can't see anything!

when that happens i hope ill be on the police force lol

some kid "whos that crazy man in our backyard wearing grass on his hat and jacket"

lol

sexualbanana
04-05-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Pete92SL
I was going down Glenmore East and there was a cop on the top of the bridge that goes from 14th St to Glenmore. He was pointing down with his laser thing and then merging onto Glenmore to catch them!

Crazy stuff!

Pete

Yeah my brother told me he's seen them do that.

Spyderman_MaryJ
04-05-2004, 03:58 PM

I'll second that!! Not that they put little kids to catch people, but that anyone speeding in "Kids" zones deserves to be caught. ESPECIALLY the mini vans with kids on board!!

Ichigo
04-05-2004, 04:51 PM
I'm pretty sure you can pull something technical to get off..

The cop was baiting me in his plain clothes...

..or.. I sped up to see If I could lend that stranded driver a hand.. turns out it was a cop..

:nut:

turbojohngt
04-05-2004, 06:10 PM
All in the name of safety.....I mean $afety...:rolleyes: