PDA

View Full Version : Electric scooter - with parts availability?

AndyL
01-06-2024, 11:36 AM
Well kiddos mongoose react e4 scooter seems to have a logic board failure just days shy of 2yrs in. Poking around I can find some tires, chargers replacement throttle/brake thumb switches.

Main board and battery don't seem to be in the list of replacement parts available... (Battery life has been becoming an issue lately as well)

Curious what e-scooter platforms are out there that have really good aftermarket parts support? Ideally something where eBay/Amazon/AliExpress can have replacement parts and upgrades shipped asap.

ExtraSlow
01-06-2024, 11:50 AM
is there an "aftermarket" main board that can be swapped in? Aren't a lot of these setups pretty modular? Of course, I'm saying that, but I don't know if it's true.

AndyL
01-06-2024, 12:06 PM
is there an "aftermarket" main board that can be swapped in? Aren't a lot of these setups pretty modular? Of course, I'm saying that, but I don't know if it's true.

There probably is, but - given it needs a battery & board - Just my gut says that's probably going to be as expensive as buying a replacement scooter. With those bigger full suspension ones I'm sure there's lots of options, with this tiny profile kick scooter style - I'd bet it's all shoehorned and making another board fit might be a challenge.