PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a house cleaner

95EG6P
01-17-2024, 09:29 AM
Looking for house cleaner that is good not doesn't break the bank. Any help is appreciated thank you

ExtraSlow
01-17-2024, 10:06 AM
I think going rate is $30/hr, min 4 hours per visit. Or something like that.

95EG6P
01-17-2024, 10:10 AM
I think going rate is $30/hr, min 4 hours per visit. Or something like that.

Do you have some one you recommend

ganesh
01-17-2024, 10:20 AM
We Pay $150 for Cleaning our House.
Cleaners comes every two weeks.
If you want their contact please send me a DM.

msommers
01-17-2024, 10:21 AM
My sister in law recently started her own business after cleaning at a professional company for 6 years. She charges $40/hr, not sure if she has a minimum or not.

killramos
01-17-2024, 10:47 AM
We use sunflower and have been happy with them

https://sunflowercleaning.me/residential

bjstare
01-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Those of you that use them - how picky are you? We've tried a couple out, and been pretty unimpressed every time because either they do a shit job, or they damage something (e.g., the last one used an abrasive on our gas cooktop that has some special easy-clean coating on it and scratched the shit out of it; similar experience with abrasives on our newly installed stainless sink).

killramos
01-17-2024, 02:06 PM
I’ve fired 3 cleaners over the years for various reasons, have been using these ones for the last 2 years.

They all have their quirks but I am pretty happy with these ones.

npham
01-17-2024, 02:15 PM
I use the ones that Jordan recommended. They have been cleaning here weekly for 1.5 years and do a good enough job that we haven't fired them. No one will clean as well as you want them to IMO, but I've made my peace with that. Things will still annoy me from time to time, but then I think about having to clean bathrooms and change sheets...yea no thanks.

killramos
01-17-2024, 02:46 PM
You have them change your sheets? :bigpimp:

I’d like to get ours to do laundry but I’m really nervous about that, you can set a lot of $ on fire with a lazy laundry mishap.

bjstare
01-17-2024, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah, there's 0% chance I'd hire out laundry. I used a laundry service when I was in uni, and while convenient, it was not good.

ganesh
01-17-2024, 03:30 PM
As npham posted no one is going to clean the house the way you want it to be cleaned. You have to come to terms with it.
We have been using the current cleaning lady for over 4 Years and they do a Pretty good job.
As for any special instructions we normally tell them what to do and they follow that. They use our own cleaning products so that way you can control what they use in the house.

suntan
01-17-2024, 03:44 PM
I used Tower Cleaners for laundry service for a while during my reno. They give you these big bags that you fill up with your cum stained socks, they come to your house and pick them up, and your stuff comes back a few days later clean, sorted and bagged.

npham
01-17-2024, 04:14 PM
Oh yeah, there's 0% chance I'd hire out laundry. I used a laundry service when I was in uni, and while convenient, it was not good.

My wife barely does my laundry right...

shakalaka
01-17-2024, 04:19 PM
As npham posted no one is going to clean the house the way you want it to be cleaned. You have to come to terms with it.
We have been using the current cleaning lady for over 4 Years and they do a Pretty good job.
As for any special instructions we normally tell them what to do and they follow that. They use our own cleaning products so that way you can control what they use in the house.

My parents could use better/economical cleaners out in Springbank. If you think yours would be okay going out there, please shoot me a PM so I can pass on their info to my parents.

jwslam
01-17-2024, 04:33 PM
My wife barely does my laundry right...

ganesh
01-17-2024, 04:41 PM
My parents could use better/economical cleaners out in Springbank. If you think yours would be okay going out there, please shoot me a PM so I can pass on their info to my parents.

I will check with them and let you know.

you&me
01-17-2024, 04:44 PM
Weird. We use Fishmans and it's fantastic... Never had a problem. They'll even do repairs, etc.

If we had to choose between laundry service or cleaning, I think my wife would prefer to keep the landry service (YMMV; lots of kids, lots of uniforms, etc.)

killramos
01-17-2024, 04:46 PM
There is a big difference between having your cleaner do the laundry and using a true laundry service.

Also a dramatically different cost from what I have seen.

you&me
01-17-2024, 05:00 PM
There is a big difference between having your cleaner do the laundry and using a true laundry service.

Also a dramatically different cost from what I have seen.

I'll have to check, but I think it's about $300 / month... Less than our cleaner (~$160/week) and probably less than the add-on cost of having the cleaner do the laundry (wash, dry, sort, fold)... Plus, then the cleaner would be in the house for an extra few hours every week, whereas the laundry is out sight, out of mind.

Swank
01-17-2024, 05:00 PM
I thought when a Beyonder's house gets dirty they just buy/build a new one :dunno:

eblend
01-17-2024, 10:58 PM
I thought when a Beyonder's house gets dirty they just buy/build a new one :dunno:

This.

Also when did this site become a dating service?

suntan
01-18-2024, 09:24 AM
Real beyonders have multiple mistresses.

msommers
01-20-2024, 01:46 PM
People can and do clean as good or better than you do. But it's obviously not going to be the cheapest option.

Like everything in life, cheapest and best are commonly opposites.

ExtraSlow
01-20-2024, 02:35 PM
What I suspect gets best results for lowest price is using a single person who has zero employees who cleans 3-4 houses a week.

Hiring a company with high turnover of new immigrants at minimum wage, is basically guaranteed to result in mediocre quality.

msommers
01-20-2024, 06:26 PM
That person is honestly my sister in law, for a few reasons.

Fast she is not but definitely thorough.