PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rust Removed.

micheal.m
04-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Just wondering how much to get rust remove from my vechile. It does have a fair amount of rust, i also want to know how much to get it repaint the same color. Nothing to expensive, just want to clean up the rust a bit. If someone on this board that can do it for cheap, that'll be great, also..its a 1989 corrola.

jaylo
04-05-2004, 08:11 PM
There is 2 ways you can do to take out the rust. One is to cut the rusted part and weld a new piece, it costs money but it will take a long time for the rust to come back.

Number two is to sand down and remove all the rust as much as possible and fill it with bondo. I have tried it before and it wasn't as bad. It could probably take you a whole day job but it's worth it, then after you sanded it down smoothly let the professional repaint that part because they can match your paint as close as they can...

There's a lot of tutorials on the internet on how to remove rusts, you might wanna do some research about that :) HTH

ehos
04-05-2004, 08:21 PM
Picklex 20.

Por 15. Treat that rust and stop it from coming back.

micheal.m
04-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the reply, the thing is that i don't have enough time to do it myself, i would like it done by someone or some shop..and that would do a decent job on the body. Can someone give me ball park price to remove rust and repaint...and again, it does have a fair amount of rust. The cheaper the better :)

jaylo
04-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by micheal.m
Thanks for the reply, the thing is that i don't have enough time to do it myself, i would like it done by someone or some shop..and that would do a decent job on the body. Can someone give me ball park price to remove rust and repaint...and again, it does have a fair amount of rust. The cheaper the better :)

best bet is to ask around and get quotes from different auto body shops because I know some would quote you super high and you may find one that is cheap but make sure you know someone that has been to that shop and what quality their work is. Or you can even give the auto body shop a visit and a quick tour around it.

Masta Dz17
04-06-2004, 08:29 PM
do it your self it doesnt take that long you just need a grinder and primer, and then later on get it painted, i've done it many times serious rust is a totally different issue though it takes time and skill to take care of and involves welding

micheal.m
04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, i've decided on what to do..DO IT MYSELF :)

bart
04-06-2004, 10:04 PM
coca cola removes rust great! imagine what it does in your stomach! lol