PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage Payments on Wheels

SportEL
02-13-2024, 02:41 AM
People make Great financial Decisions.. Check out these Sweet Trucks.

- There has been a surge in Auto Delinquencies, defined as 90 days or more past due

- For 18-29 years olds, Delinquencies have increased from 3% in mid-2021 to 6% at the end of 2023

- Similar for Age group 30-39 were delinquencies are at the highest levels since 2010.

---> https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/credit-card-auto-delinquencies-soar-especially-age-group-18-39

shakalaka
02-13-2024, 09:59 AM
Calling it a 'mortgage payment' isn't really an apples to apples comparison considering the mortgage payments of this amount is over 30 years, as opposed to 7-8 and the fact that typically you would need to come up with 20% cash down for a mortgage.

That being said, of course those monthly payments are high for a vehicle, but perhaps those people have the disposable income to be able to afford it. :dunno:

jutes
02-13-2024, 10:00 AM
$214k USD Tahoe LOL no way that's real.

ercchry
02-13-2024, 10:08 AM
To state the obvious…

These are poor credit applicants… $100k loaded truck is ~33% interest for $3k/month on a 96 month term

Not sure about the loan shark laws in Texas, but I’d assume they’re worst than ours… our criminal apr use to be at 50%, and just recently dropped (dropping?) to 35%. So this does exist

Team_Mclaren
02-13-2024, 10:15 AM
All fake, people with shit credit aint going to get approved on a 80k car unless they make decent money...

Sugarphreak
02-13-2024, 10:44 AM
Was expecting a tiny home thread... kind of disappointed

ercchry
02-13-2024, 11:32 AM
All fake, people with shit credit aint going to get approved on a 80k car unless they make decent money...

lol, you think there is due diligence in auto loan approvals??

jabjab
02-13-2024, 12:01 PM
People make Great financial Decisions.. Check out these Sweet Trucks.

- There has been a surge in Auto Delinquencies, defined as 90 days or more past due

- For 18-29 years olds, Delinquencies have increased from 3% in mid-2021 to 6% at the end of 2023

- Similar for Age group 30-39 were delinquencies are at the highest levels since 2010.

---> https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/credit-card-auto-delinquencies-soar-especially-age-group-18-39

Why do you care?

Team_Mclaren
02-13-2024, 12:12 PM
lol, you think there is due diligence in auto loan approvals??

if you have bad credit yes.?!

Also, autoloan in Taxes maxes out at around 25%

max_boost
02-13-2024, 12:16 PM
this makes realtors look like saints
in loan shark biz there are no fwends

Hallowed_point
02-13-2024, 12:27 PM
Everyone needs a hellcat, even if they make minimum wage. For Barlow-esque takeovers/gen z social media clout

ercchry
02-13-2024, 02:01 PM
if you have bad credit yes.?!

Also, autoloan in Taxes maxes out at around 25%

No, they just jack up the rate and repo on non-payment

25% is still easy if they roll in an underwater trade

Team_Mclaren
02-13-2024, 04:16 PM
No, they just jack up the rate and repo on non-payment

25% is still easy if they roll in an underwater trade

actually no. lol. Still needs to get approved with supporting docs. Having shit credit is still a challenge to get an approval.

ercchry
02-13-2024, 04:57 PM
actually no. lol. Still needs to get approved with supporting docs. Having shit credit is still a challenge to get an approval.

With a bank… yes, we are not talking a bank loan here. I don’t think you understand what I see in my day to day.

One of the most comically sad examples of financial illiteracy I’ve seen locally involved the purchase of a new caravan from Lanny’s favourite dealership.

$35k caravan (this was years back now). Traded in a journey for it, so underwater that the new loan was for about $60k and they had hidden money everywhere (including about $3k for nitrogen filled tires).

These people? Total household income of about $60k (b-lender mortgage income calc, even less from an A lender) and they were hammered with unsecured debt and a mortgage on top of that, beacons in the high 400s/low 500s. Edit: now that I think about it I believe it was only the wife on this loan… PT cashier at a grocery store.

Most of these loans are granted with a simple stated income, there might be mitigation with a security deposit, but by no means are these lenders confirming affordability to any level close to mortgage lending

Edit: oh! Another great one… sub 600 beacon, guy was leveraged to the tits on multiple properties… diagnosed with terminal cancer so he went out and raked up about $12k/month in luxury car payments, leases, financed, etc… about 5 cars total. just to fully recover and then had to fix the whole thing… his claimed income was peanuts, but thankfully was self employed and could have paid himself about $100k (but that was not remotely verifiable)

Sugarphreak
02-13-2024, 05:18 PM
People should just buy cars with cash... would solve so many problems

JordanLotoski
02-13-2024, 05:32 PM
this makes realtors look like saints
in loan shark biz there are no fwends

OUCH Maxy boy

Team_Mclaren
02-13-2024, 05:53 PM
With a bank… yes, we are not talking a bank loan here. I don’t think you understand what I see in my day to day.

One of the most comically sad examples of financial illiteracy I’ve seen locally involved the purchase of a new caravan from Lanny’s favourite dealership.

$35k caravan (this was years back now). Traded in a journey for it, so underwater that the new loan was for about $60k and they had hidden money everywhere (including about $3k for nitrogen filled tires).

These people? Total household income of about $60k (b-lender mortgage income calc, even less from an A lender) and they were hammered with unsecured debt and a mortgage on top of that, beacons in the high 400s/low 500s. Edit: now that I think about it I believe it was only the wife on this loan… PT cashier at a grocery store.

Most of these loans are granted with a simple stated income, there might be mitigation with a security deposit, but by no means are these lenders confirming affordability to any level close to mortgage lending

Edit: oh! Another great one… sub 600 beacon, guy was leveraged to the tits on multiple properties… diagnosed with terminal cancer so he went out and raked up about $12k/month in luxury car payments, leases, financed, etc… about 5 cars total. just to fully recover and then had to fix the whole thing… his claimed income was peanuts, but thankfully was self employed and could have paid himself about $100k (but that was not remotely verifiable)

Underwater =/ bad credit. All subprime loans have payment caps. You can finance 200% if you have good credit. When you're talking payments of 1k+ those are not subprime loans.

ercchry
02-13-2024, 06:36 PM
Underwater =/ bad credit. All subprime loans have payment caps. You can finance 200% if you have good credit. When you're talking payments of 1k+ those are not subprime loans.

Yeah, sub 600 beacons IS bad credit. Most reputable lenders actually have a TDS of sub 60%, but the person sending that application is also compensated if there is a sale… so…

jutes
02-13-2024, 07:07 PM
Edit: oh! Another great one… sub 600 beacon, guy was leveraged to the tits on multiple properties… diagnosed with terminal cancer so he went out and raked up about $12k/month in luxury car payments, leases, financed, etc… about 5 cars total. just to fully recover

Fukin cancer man, can’t give the guy a break.

littledan
02-13-2024, 07:42 PM
Fukin cancer man, can’t give the guy a break.

He fucked up. The correct play was to die.

Team_Mclaren
02-14-2024, 02:49 AM
Yeah, sub 600 beacons IS bad credit. Most reputable lenders actually have a TDS of sub 60%, but the person sending that application is also compensated if there is a sale… so…

Like I said, the over advance loans wont come from sub-prime lenders. The Guidelines are clear. You can lie all you want on an app but 90% of subprime lenders need documentations / phone call to verity income. Those are not real numbers in the OP.

CompletelyNumb
02-14-2024, 02:37 PM
Based on the title I thought this would be an RV mega thread and I was looking forward to seeing the monstrosities you Beyond ballers had.

Disappointed.

SportEL
02-21-2024, 04:45 AM
Why do you care?

You know, to highlight people making dumb decisions such as supporting endless war, supporting unsafe and un-effective experimental jabs, supporting mental illness like transgenderism, same sex relations, supporting fake climate crisis, or supporting the fake prophet and fake God of Islam.