PDA

View Full Version : Baker Hughes Bros?

haggis88
02-22-2024, 09:08 PM
Any of y'all under the employ of the spinoff GE Oil & Gas?

As many know, I have a very particular set of skills #Neeson and have noticed that BH are looking for people in that niche

Really just looking to ask a few generic questions, unless you happen to work in/around the specific area I'm looking at (aeroderiv GTs)

tirebob
02-23-2024, 01:53 PM
https://media.tenor.com/DATBw-bd_ZoAAAAe/taken-set.png

ExtraSlow
02-23-2024, 02:05 PM
Each division works kind of differently, from what I've seen on the outside. Probably need to talk to someone in the same division for any info to translate.

schurchill39
02-23-2024, 03:01 PM
Each division works kind of differently, from what I've seen on the outside. Probably need to talk to someone in the same division for any info to translate.

I have done enough work with Baker Hughes over the years in different areas of their business to agree with this statement. Lots of their divisions might as well be entirely different companies

haggis88
02-23-2024, 03:04 PM
Both jobs I've done for/with them were for the same division, but the CSMs I dealt with, I do not have up to date contact info for, as they were still BHGE at the time

I know enough contractors that work on the GTs, but this is an employee position and I'd think it would be too different

Proyecto2000
02-23-2024, 08:18 PM
i used to work for Hughes Christiansen back in the day. We disliked INTEQ for always giving out drill bits for free as part of their directional packages lol

ExtraSlow
02-23-2024, 08:48 PM
The silos hate each other. When I worked at HAL the same shit happened.

SKR
02-23-2024, 08:56 PM

I remember Halliburton giving away cement to sell mud when I was there.

When I was at Secure we gave away trucking to sell mud. The trouble with that plan is that Secure doesn't own any trucks, and it turns out third party trucking companies don't share your dream of increasing mud market share.

Proyecto2000
02-23-2024, 11:51 PM

now I give away the bit just to get a bit run. Market share baby!

ExtraSlow
02-24-2024, 08:24 AM
4d chess.