PDA

View Full Version : who orders double beef at edo?

GTS Jeff
04-05-2004, 08:27 PM
i do all the time. its awesome how they smother all the rice and veggies with a thick layer of beef. like really, i dont understand how ppl can NOT get dbl beef, cuz the normal portions are weak.

lately, ive been thinking about stepping up to a triple beef...altho that would probably cost me like 12 dollars and quite possibly harm me in some way.

so, anyone else with this illicit love affair with low quality beef and msg-sauce from edo?

rage2
04-05-2004, 08:36 PM
I've tried triple beef, it's a scam. In fact, double's not really double... it's more like 1.5x. They totally screw you on the double portions. It's just right though if you order with no veggies, the extra rice is quite filling.

I usually order no veggies, double beef, double sauce and a coke. Explains why I'm such a fat ass.

GTS Jeff
04-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by rage2
I've tried triple beef, it's a scam. In fact, double's not really double... it's more like 1.5x. They totally screw you on the double portions. It's just right though if you order with no veggies, the extra rice is quite filling.

I usually order no veggies, double beef, double sauce and a coke. Explains why I'm such a fat ass. i agree with you about the double being 1.5. i made a fuss everytime if they didnt give me exactly double and now they know to give me the right amount.

i wouldnt get veggies either, but see if u get veggies, then u dont need to buy a drink. u save the veggies til last so when u are really thirsty, u eat the veggies for the water content :thumbsup:

EK 2.0
04-05-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i agree with you about the double being 1.5. i made a fuss everytime if they didnt give me exactly double and now they know to give me the right amount.

i wouldnt get veggies either, but see if u get veggies, then u dont need to buy a drink. u save the veggies til last so when u are really thirsty, u eat the veggies for the water content :thumbsup:

Jeff man I do the veggie thing too...and the double beef, tripse beef, "sumo size" all a scam man...

NonCents
04-05-2004, 08:58 PM
i dont usually post here, but...... i just couldnt help myself.
Double beef rules man. I get no veggies though, cause the veggies here are whack, but double beef all the way... Im scared to triple the beef, but i just might have to test my edo beef eating abilities sometime :thumbsup:

ps: im from saskatoon, so if u ever come here dont get the veggies.

lam-boy
04-05-2004, 09:29 PM
haha

your right. double beef isn't double beef.
its only 1.5x
Sumo size aint much diff you get like 1.25x meat
and extra rice and veggies

trilpe beef pfft childs play.
try chicken + beef with double meat haha its good.
but then again i dont eat regular portions when i worked there
i ate like a handful of rice and 3/4 of the plate was meat haha.

Akagi Redsuns
04-05-2004, 09:44 PM
Hmm, I always seem to be full and ok with the just the regular portions. Maybe I don't go to one that skimps on portions?

ninspeed
04-05-2004, 11:13 PM
Fat people are people too!!!
as for edo... single... and i eat there like once a year

GTS Jeff
04-05-2004, 11:40 PM
wow, i didnt know other ppl even thought about triple beef cuz its not even on the menu..

ninjak84
04-05-2004, 11:48 PM
i eat there like 4 times a week, and it never seems to get old.
unfortunately, i find when i order "double" or "extra" anything, they just charge me for it but i don't see it on the plate. :(

regular size always now.

NonCents
04-06-2004, 02:17 AM
does anyone just get all beef? no rice, no vegg.? If you do then ur the beef champion

GTS Jeff
04-06-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by NonCents
does anyone just get all beef? no rice, no vegg.? If you do then ur the beef champion :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

man id do that, but the rice is there to soak up the msg goodness and the veggies are there to make sure u can poop to make room for more!

Shaolin
04-06-2004, 07:10 AM
i just order sukiyaki beef with no vegetables.. i don't eat the veggies on it anyways.

rage2
04-06-2004, 08:14 AM
hehe the veggies for the water content. That's pretty ghetto :). If you can't afford a drink, get water, it's free. Better than that bean sprout crap they throw on.

The veggies are so gross anyways, even covered with teriyaki sauce.

NonCents
04-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

man id do that, but the rice is there to soak up the msg goodness and the veggies are there to make sure u can poop to make room for more!

bahahahaaa, thats classic. Your right, i'd hate to see the aftermath of an all beefer! Yesterday i got the usual (double beef, no veggies tons of sauce, and then i packed a couple spoonfulls of that Sriracha hot chili sauce (the rooster kind :D )
Damn it was tasty :rofl:

rage2
04-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Oh ya, forgot about the Sriacha sauce! That's a must have for any edo meal!

BigMass
04-06-2004, 09:37 PM
I used to always get double because single was just not enough, not i just can't justify spending $7.50 on $0.05 worth of rice and $0.75 worth of meat. I am now trying to find NON RICE foods. Places that use rice will always make their portions look big by stacking on rice that's worth maybe like 5 cents per pound.