PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run Help

1Avatar
04-06-2004, 06:51 PM
Heya guys -

Passing this on for a friend of mine that was involved in a hit & run incident last week.

At approximately 530/6pm on Thursday, April 1st, a friend of mine was rear ended while travelling on Macleod Trail heading southbound while in motion. He's approximated to be travelling at 65km/h and was hit at approximately 80km/h.

The suspect vehicle proceeded to continue and disappear on a turnoff and was unseen from then on. The only description for the vehicle is that it was a Mercedes-Benz SLK roadster in either a copper, gold metallic or potentially (although unlikley) the sunburst yellow paint scheme. Witness accounts peg the driver to have likely been female and no further information has been recovered.

If you work at a body shop or know of people that do, please pass this on so that the police can be informed directly. They already have a file and an APB on this case.

ThE tV 8 mE
04-06-2004, 06:59 PM
yikes! :thumbsdow not cool! Good luck with that! I hope you get it all figured out!

Ferio_vti
04-06-2004, 07:32 PM
Well, its not a common car, so it should be hard to find.

I'm going to Distictive Auto paint this week, I heard they specialize in Benz's. My friend know the guys there, so I'll see if anything comes up.

What color is your friend's car (for signs of paint trading)?? I'll let them know if you can give me more details. How much damage?

1Avatar
04-06-2004, 07:43 PM
I believe his car is a 200SX - it's a late 80s model and silver/greyish in color.

His car was drivable enough to get home, although with a shortened wheelbase, but the offending SLK was apparently undamaged enough to the point of being able to make a breakaway.

Gonthro
04-06-2004, 07:54 PM
sounds to me like it was a stolen car, maybe call the cops and ask...

Masta Dz17
04-06-2004, 08:44 PM
kick their ass's

RiceCake
04-08-2004, 09:28 AM
If your friend was rear ended, wouldn't it be likely to have paint transfer? Maybe that might be a better place to start :dunno:

nismodrifter
04-08-2004, 10:17 AM
and if its copper in color then it will DEFINATELY be easy to find.....designo model....only a few (1-2??) around...

let us know what color the paint is so there is a better idea of what to look for

Zero102
04-08-2004, 11:42 AM
You know, I heard somewhere that since mid-90's, all manufacturers use unique chemical signatures in the paint of most high end cars. They change it ever-so-slightly for each car they paint. If you have enough paint, i.e. a couple flakes, you should be able to match it to the VIN# of the car? Or at least a production batch, then the cops could track down all the ones registered in this area, and check them out.

I don't remember where I heard that though, so maybe it's B.S.

Best of luck getting this sorted out.

rc2002
04-08-2004, 11:55 AM
The suspect vehicle proceeded to continue and disappear on a turnoff and was unseen from then on.

That sucks that the car took off. I would have proceeded to continue and chase him down while I pulled out my cell phone and called for the HAWKS chopper... :guns:

1Avatar
04-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I'd have just caught the guy and gone asian on him with my sword, but thankfully it wasn't me or I'd be writing this from my cell :)

Thanks for teh input guys - I've contacted my friend for more information so I'll post as much details as I can once I get them from him.