PDA

View Full Version : anyone know Meloche Monnex?

noyzz_boyzz
04-07-2004, 09:09 AM
does anyone have insurance with them? cause I want to know if anyone can help me get this insurance...paying $550 /month for insurance now...heard the Monnex is cheap...

rage2
04-07-2004, 09:18 AM
They're great, very cheap, but they only insure 25 y/o and older, unless you have a university degree.

noyzz_boyzz
04-07-2004, 09:20 AM
damn that suks..:(..:banghead: .:banghead:

CLiVE
04-07-2004, 09:25 AM
they are cheap b/c the give discounts for group insurance. ie: university, etc. My wife is insured with them.
A pain in the ass to make a claim with them though.

MerfBall
04-07-2004, 09:34 AM
You also need to have a relatively clean record before they will take you on. If you are a member of APEGGA you get the cheapest discounts and they will take you no matter what.

I've never had a problem making a claim (major or minor) with them, even if I think of making a claim (i.e. call and ask a question). An adjustor called me back to see if I need any furthur assistance or if I decided not to make the claim.

B17a
04-07-2004, 09:43 AM
They cover my car and house, seem pretty good so far and cheap. But as Rage said, 25 + degree helps.

sputnik
04-07-2004, 09:46 AM
http://www.tdinsurance.com

cheap for me... (im under 25 with only a couple minor speeding tickets)

91_Integz
04-07-2004, 10:34 AM
I'm with Meloche and I'm 20. Maybe that's because my parents are with them for their cars and our house? :dunno:

noyzz_boyzz
04-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

how do u apply through that?

they told me to go to that site and I did but after I filled it out there were some info and a form to fill out....let me know please..cause I am paying $550/month..:dunno: ...

dirty_magic
04-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Im with Meloche and Im 20 as well. The only reason they have insured my though is because my dad has been with them for ever, and does all of his insurance through them, never with any claims. Ive been with them since I was 17.

Strider
04-07-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by 91_Integz
I'm with Meloche and I'm 20. Maybe that's because my parents are with them for their cars and our house? :dunno:

Is the policy under your own name?

I'm with Meloche Monnex..., even though i'm only 21 and I have a bad driving record. They'll take you as long as you're a member of a professional organization (I'm a student member of APEGGA).

rice_eater
04-07-2004, 11:06 AM

yeah i was just gonna suggest this since i've actually had both. td gave me a little bit better rate, and my premiums actually go down every year unlike meloche. Price wise they are both very good, even though meloche tried to fuck us over a couple times so i'm gonna stay with TD over them

Ferio_vti
04-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Discount from Monnex is also so good for SAIT grads and Aset members.

ryder_23
04-07-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by 91_Integz

Originally posted by dirty_magic
Im with Meloche and Im 20 as well. The only reason they have insured my though is because my dad has been with them for ever, and does all of his insurance through them, never with any claims. Ive been with them since I was 17.

Yeah, i started out with them when i was 16...under my own name and everything. But like said before, i think they only did it because my parents have been using them for years, and i guess just for being members so long, they decided to give me a break:dunno:

heavyD
04-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
Discount from Monnex is also so good for SAIT grads and Aset members.

That's how I got them to insure me. They have good rates but don't mess around. Get a few tickets and they will drop you faster than it takes the Oilers to hit the golf course in April.:rofl:

91_Integz
04-07-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah maybe it's because my parents are with them...i only pay $170 per month :dunno:

xkon
04-07-2004, 02:09 PM
my gf was with them, they seemed pretty good

three.eighteen.
04-07-2004, 03:17 PM
ive been with them since i got my licence at 16, a few tickets and we're still good, on my own policy too

noyzz_boyzz
04-07-2004, 03:23 PM
so guys please tell me how to apply....I am paying too much for my insurance.....

B17a
04-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
so guys please tell me how to apply....I am paying too much for my insurance.....

That object that makes ringing noises and has voices coming from it, good place to start!:D

sputnik
04-07-2004, 04:15 PM

www.tdinsurance.com ...fill in the blanks

if you are unable to do that... perhaps you be paying $550/month

cujo_cjc
04-07-2004, 04:41 PM
i'm with them also and i'm 17...i get pretty cheap insurance compared to my friends too
my parents are also with them

B17a
04-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by cujo_cjc
i'm with them also and i'm 17...i get pretty cheap insurance compared to my friends too
my parents are also with them

I vaguely remember them being more hospitable if your parents are clients as well. Not sure if that's all changed now.

noyzz_boyzz
04-07-2004, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by B17a

That object that makes ringing noises and has voices coming from it, good place to start!:D

very funny buddy...very funny.......:...:werd: & bullshit:

www.tdinsurance.com ...fill in the blanks

if you are unable to do that... perhaps you be paying $550/month

ok, all that is done whats next after filling the freakin form out.....and if u were in my situation you would understand what I am going through..........:banghead: :banghead:......so please guys try to understand and help me out as much as possible....I have a clean driving record...no accidents, no claims...no ticket of any kind whatsoever...been driving for a year now and I am 21...:werd:

noyzz_boyzz
04-08-2004, 10:02 AM
come on guys help me out.......:(

Loose
04-08-2004, 10:10 AM
shoot yourself right now

w3apon
04-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Have you tried BlueCircle ?
http://www.bluecircleinsurance.com

:dunno:

4G63Power
04-08-2004, 10:20 AM
come on guys help me out.......:(

If your too retarded to pick up the phone and call them for a quote you deserve the amount your paying. My guess is that this isn't the only time you've been raped cause your to lazy to figure shit out.

noyzz_boyzz
04-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 4G63Power

If your too retarded to pick up the phone and call them for a quote you deserve the amount your paying. My guess is that this isn't the only time you've been raped cause your to lazy to figure shit out.

I think u are retarted buddy....cause the ywont give u a fukin quote over the phone.......they give u the website...and then from there u find out....

All I want to know is if someone has done it already I want to understand the process and how to go about it....and dont want a freak like u helping me out...u POS
:english:

4G63Power
04-08-2004, 10:29 AM

I think u are retarted buddy....cause the ywont give u a fukin quote over the phone.......they give u the website...and then from there u find out....

All I want to know is if someone has done it already I want to understand the process and how to go about it....and dont want a freak like u helping me out...u POS
:english:

Again I stand by my retarded comment...WHY? Cause your full of shit. I recently got a quote from Meloche Monnex, which was gotten OVER THE PHONE. But if that's too hard for you, enjoy your current policy...as for me i'll enjoy my Meloche Monnex policy.

noyzz_boyzz
04-08-2004, 10:32 AM
once again I am no part of any group nor am I a college or university graduate.......maybe thats y they gave u the insurance..:dunno:

btw I just called them in the morning and thats what they told me...

Strider
04-08-2004, 12:42 PM
So if they told you they don't give quotes over the phone, what did they tell you to do?? Cause i got my quote and purchased my insurance policy entirely over the phone

Try calling them again... if that doesn't work, then you probably got rejected... try somewhere else

lint
04-08-2004, 01:09 PM
once again I am no part of any group nor am I a college or university graduate.......maybe thats y they gave u the insurance..:dunno:

btw I just called them in the morning and thats what they told me...

You might want to take this as a hint that they won't offer you insurance. Yes, Monnex tends to have better rates than other companies, because they are more strict in their screening screening process. Works for me, I've been with them for over 10 years now.
Better just start looking elsewhere.

Superesc
04-08-2004, 01:11 PM
TD MM is awesome, I had no problem filing my claims for my accident last year, they follow up on everything. Insurance rate is very reasonable too.

tc883
04-09-2004, 11:41 PM
yeah, but I've heard Primum is cheaper, and their owned by TD Bank

carzcraz
04-13-2004, 12:34 PM
You may want to try HSBC Canadian Direct....by far the cheapest for me!

Dave P
04-13-2004, 11:03 PM
Me and Outsider work in claims at meloche monnex.

Good company. Key to getting cheap insurance is working for them suckas

Dave P
04-13-2004, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by tc883
yeah, but I've heard Primum is cheaper, and their owned by TD Bank

Td trust owns security national, primmum, and meloche monnex

tc883
04-13-2004, 11:04 PM
you got any contact info for HSBC??? Phone #????

Roadrage
04-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by tc883
you got any contact info for HSBC??? Phone #????

I'd say try a phonebook...there everywhere. :dunno:

LUDELVR
04-14-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Dave P
Me and Outsider work in claims at meloche monnex.

Good company. Key to getting cheap insurance is working for them suckas

Hey, do you work with a Michelle Jelane::dunno: She is also in Claims.

noyzz_boyzz
04-14-2004, 09:48 PM
need someone to tell me the requirements to get Meloche Monnex insurance...please..

Hash_man
04-14-2004, 10:17 PM
Me and my whole family just switched to Melonche Monnex this year, and so far I have not a single complaint.

Everyone in my family except my mom, now has cheaper insurance.. especially mine.
I am 17, full time driver, drivers ed, no tickets or accidents on an 89 accord, and I am paying 2600/yr, although that is without collision.

Our old insurance company wanted like 3600, without collision.