PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance?

3G
04-07-2004, 11:46 AM
I was looking to apply for this job but they say you need a security clearance. What is this and how do I get one?

Thanks

Shaolin
04-07-2004, 12:19 PM
go to the station right beside the library, it's right across the c-train station and you can't miss it.. it's 20 bucks i believe, i got mine done about 6 months ago.. takes a couple of days.. it's just so your employer knows you're not a convict and other stuff..

3G
04-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by Shaolin
go to the station right beside the library, it's right across the c-train station and you can't miss it.. it's 20 bucks i believe, i got mine done about 6 months ago.. takes a couple of days.. it's just so your employer knows you're not a convict and other stuff..

the one on 6th Avenue?

Gonthro
04-07-2004, 12:26 PM
its on 7th ave, the one on 6th ave is the wrong one...
i cant remember which train station is accross from it... maybe city hall?

TomTom
04-12-2004, 02:36 PM
its easy takes 5 min i had to get one to work at visions and soundsaround, its across from the CRHA i belive

Shaolin
04-12-2004, 02:57 PM
it's on 7th Ave.. it's East of the Calgary Public Library.. and it's right across from the Train Station.. i don't know the exactly address, but yeah, it's the building right beside the Calgary Public Library on 7th Ave.. bring 25 bucks.. i think it's only 20 but i don't remember..

Ducati
04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
You can get a security clearance even if you do have a Criminal Code conviction. As long as it is not, in the case of a financial security issue, a conviction that relates to moral turpetude, or if you were going to be a Scoutmaster or something, you haven't been convicted of a sex offense.

This I know, for I - yes, me - am a convicted felon. I was convicted of an indictable offence under Section 264 (B) of the Criminal Code for some horrible things I did to the man who gave my wife (now ex) the clap. I did my 75 hours of community service, my threee years of probation with only a few minor incidences of unprovable assault, and am now bonded and have a security clearance to work in a financial profession that involves handling millions of dollars of other people's money.

So take heart all you potheads and small time drug dealers, smugglers, drunken miscreants, taggers, street-spitters, jaywalkers, street-racers, noise violators, wolf whistlers and public nose pickers, there is still an economic viability beyond your conviction for whatever menace you posed to society.