PDA

View Full Version : ask the officer section

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2002, 10:46 PM
according to hollywood on this board the police monitor beyond, if this is true then perhaps we shoudl invite one of them on to answer questions that some of us may have, it woudl be great if someone on this forum knew an officer who had a little bit of tiem everyday to answer specific questions related to laws, mdifications, tickets etc

Ben
10-06-2002, 11:41 PM
Hmmm, on one side I can see that being a good idea, but on the other side, I can see it causing ALOT of problems...if A cop has his one spot, this could cause ALOT more of the Polics to browse beyond, which spells trouble...

infamous
10-07-2002, 12:07 AM
hmmm....i think a lot more pm's will be sent if this happens.....

kenny
10-07-2002, 12:43 AM
Police browsing this board is not a problem at all, they're humans too and many of them are into cars, making them faster, etc... Cops aren't really as bad as everyone seems to portray them. They're only doing their job, and most of the time as long as you aren't doing something blatantly stupid, they don't give two shits.

I can assure everyone that the police (officially) do not monitor this forum, they have better things to do. You have to remember there are many many many car forums and they just can't monitor them all. However, I wouldn't doubt if there were officers who browse this forum on their own time and even then we don't really have to worry about any crazy crackdowns on our cruises--not like we have any reason to! :angel:

As for the ask the officer section, personally I don't think it would be too helpful, everyone will ask why they got a tint ticket, why did they get a speeding ticket--(ex. I was speeding but I swear I was profiled!!)

exr90
10-07-2002, 10:56 AM
even if a cop came here he probably wouldnt want to hear people whining about what tickets they got, he would be here to help AVOID getting tickets...

springs; how low is too low? do police measure from the ground to the center of the headlight? or is it when your tire goes flat, that the only part to touch the road is your rim...

tint; how dark is too dark? can you tint the drivers and passenger windows?

speeding; dont do it

but i dont think police are really a problem for most on here, unless i dont know cuz i havent been pulled over yet...

Ben
10-07-2002, 11:01 AM
well we all know its against the law to speed, and we all know that you cannot have any type of tint, clear or otherwise past the drivers shoulders

Redlyne_mr2
10-07-2002, 03:10 PM
there are soooo many loopholes our there a certain ways to avoid tickets...an impartial officer would be a nice thing to have on here...I know if we had one on here all of us would go to him for advice no matter what the infraction

VTEXTC
10-17-2002, 11:33 PM
And then what with all the "cop haters" on the board ( I can think of two..no names mentioned), what Police Officer in his/her right mind would want to contribute to the forum and make themselves known by their profession?
A

ninjak84
10-18-2002, 12:07 PM
Haha, Redlyne just wants some free legal advice from the pros.
Then again, so do I :dunno:

Hollywood
11-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by kenny
I can assure everyone that the police (officially) do not monitor this forum, they have better things to do. You have to remember there are many many many car forums and they just can't monitor them all. However, I wouldn't doubt if there were officers who browse this forum on their own time and even then we don't really have to worry about any crazy crackdowns on our cruises--not like we have any reason to! :angel:

Kenny. Next time you see me, talk to me.

buh_buh
11-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

Kenny. Next time you see me, talk to me.
hm... you a cop?:eek:

Hollywood
11-09-2002, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh

hm... you a cop?:eek:

Seriously? You've seen me, do I look like a cop? Can you picture me driving a bright orange supra?

P.S.
Kenny can you fix my original hollywood account?

egmike
11-09-2002, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hollywood (2)
[B]

Seriously? You've seen me, do I look like a cop? Can you picture me driving a bright orange supra?

Your too dome to be a cop, and paranoid:rofl:

He he

egmike
11-09-2002, 12:41 PM
Hmmm.... no that i think about it I'm not sure:dunno:

Hollywood
11-09-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by MR8
Your too dome to be a cop, and paranoid:rofl:

He he

Hey fucker! Look who's the dumb one...you fucking spelt dumb wrong!!

Hhahahaha..:rofl: :nut: :rofl:

egmike
11-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)

Hey fucker! Look who's the dumb one...you fucking spelt dumb wrong!!

Hhahahaha..:rofl: :nut: :rofl:

you got me :guns: