PDA

View Full Version : Info Helios HID KIT

chan24
04-08-2004, 12:07 PM
I have had the Helios HID kit for a while now. I'm from Sask. considering the harsh conditions out here I've got no problems with my kit yet. I agree, not too much info on thier website, as far as I know they are from a reputable company in Taiwan which supplies and makes Ballasts for industrial apps. as far as beam pattern goes they are pretty damn close to the originals. And by the way they are installed on my 2000SIR civic coupe, no hassles with the cops because they aren't those cheap ricey blue bulbs. If anyone has any info or problems with the same kit please post.

thanx

ZorroAMG
04-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Just because they aren't the "ricey blue bulbs" doesn't mean the cops won't hassle you. Civics NEVER came with HID's from the factory, so any cop in the know here in Calgary (dunno about sask) stands a good chance of pulling you over, since any headlight mods are mostly illegal.

I have HID's in my car too though hahahaha

Good luck :)

chan24
04-08-2004, 02:28 PM
what HID kit do you have? any problems yet? the kit I have are the 6000K temp. so they don't have a high amount of blue or purple tinge to them. As far as I know here in SK. as long as our lightbeam projects white and not blue, prple, or green we are alright. Calgary is pretty harsh with traffic laws hey? The reason why I am posting about these kits is because I've been doing research on which kit to buy and was the best price, I just heard horror stories about the china and taiwan brands. I just want more info and if mine were a good buy.

jtsimaras
04-18-2004, 10:25 PM
HELIOS is a pretty reputable brand
they primarily are in to lighting equipment for photographic, scub gear, mount. bikes the list goes on and on----

hope this helps

as for the cops just out run them ---just kidding.
I might get a pair myself.

:werd: :hitit: :angel:

wcasskicker
09-10-2004, 07:03 PM
I live in Vancouver area. I just phoned the Helios Distributor in Alberta, they quoted the H3 12000 HID for 650 CAD.

Is that price reasonable?Where else can you get it?

I was in Taiwan in Aug but the hurrican flooded the Sachung City where the Helios head office is. I couldn't reach them by phone or email coz the headoffice is flooded. Taiwan is at least $150 CAD cheaper than Canada.

Chan 24, can you give me some more detail on the Helios HID.
e.g: 1. where is the ballast made?(China, Korea or Germeny)
2. How long is the Warranty?
3. Does the warranty include bulb and ballast replacement?
4. If possible, can u send me a few pics of your light output?

sorry for so many questions?
Appreciate your help.

Will@STRD
09-22-2004, 10:44 PM
We are the exlcusive Distributor for Helios in Canada. To answer some for your concern and question. Here it is:
There is no law in Canada to determine aftermarket HID is illegal, but if the cop is being a bitch then. they can hassle you.
Helios HID is avilable from 4000K to 12000K
The ballest is made in China.
There is 1 year warranty on the bulbs & ballast if we, or prove of cerified mechanic perform the work.
Warranty does not cover labor.

The defected rate on the kit is only 3%. Helios is a very reliable kit.
Will