PDA

View Full Version : SRT-10 Now fastest truck

ram99993
04-08-2004, 09:15 PM
THe Dodge SRT-10 is now the fastest truck beat the Ford Lightning by 8MPH!!!

DakotaEv
04-08-2004, 09:42 PM
now they just have to drop that motor into a dakota and make an even faster one...

ram99993
04-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Thats what fords doing with the Ranger Lightning Bolt

groundpilot
04-08-2004, 10:02 PM
There is one at Eastside right now... i think it flipped on the transport truck...
:banghead:

mo_virgin
04-08-2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah until the next gen Lightning

GreenLude
04-08-2004, 11:29 PM
GM needs to build a fast truck, The SS just can't hang with the Lightning and the SRT-10. I know I own a SS.

T5_X
04-09-2004, 03:17 AM
The next lightning will be just as powerful and have 1000 lbs on the SRT10

illeagle
04-09-2004, 04:22 AM
And then after the SVT lightning walks all over the SRT-10, dodge adds a supercharger, takes off the silly wing, and adds an LSD or AWD :eek: then what?

xkon
04-09-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by illeagle
And then after the SVT lightning walks all over the SRT-10, dodge adds a supercharger, takes off the silly wing, and adds an LSD or AWD :eek: then what?

:rofl: then ford cowers in disbelief!!!

ZorroAMG
04-09-2004, 10:44 AM
and possibly shits in a corner, all scared.

5.9 R/T
04-09-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by illeagle

You really think they would sell a truck with 500+ tq without posi?

mo_virgin
04-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Ford > Dodge > GM

Tilly
04-09-2004, 04:29 PM
go dodge!;)

"And then after the SVT lightning walks all over the SRT-10, dodge adds a supercharger, takes off the silly wing, and adds an LSD or AWD then what?"

it's true!

QuadDodge
04-09-2004, 04:35 PM
.. Its such a sweet looking truck to... And the power is great can you imagine adding a supercharger to that. :hitit:

iced_out_00
04-16-2004, 12:01 PM
Then ford'll re-design it's engine and kick the supercharger up a few notches and then eventually the trucks will end up killing someone and the DOT will eventually deem them unsafe for the road and all that other bullshyt that happends wit all our fun things these days.

Weapon_R
04-16-2004, 12:45 PM
Is the Chevy SSR supposed to be GM's response in the super truck race? I saw one today, and I swear i've taken craps that look better than that truck!

Scat
04-16-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Is the Chevy SSR supposed to be GM's response in the super truck race? I saw one today, and I swear i've taken craps that look better than that truck!

They did a pretty bad job of making that. I think its the same chassis as the trailblazer and it weighs well over 4000lbs. I'm not sure about exact specs, but its not a "fast" vehicle. Not even close to the lightning or srt-10.

dodgetruckin24
04-18-2004, 12:44 PM
GO DODGE

FORD IS GAY :thumbsdow

porker39
05-10-2004, 04:13 PM
ya dodge diffently rocks ford:bigpimp:

'02SiR
05-10-2004, 04:19 PM
F.O.R.D = FRICKEN OLD REBUILT DODGE!!!

sxtasy
05-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

You really think they would sell a truck with 500+ tq without posi? Probably has a locking differential

1badPT
05-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R

The SSR is sufficiently powerful, but its not intended to be a supertruck. Its place in the market is for people who want a retro themed, convertible truck - in essence its a roadster with hauling capabilities.

racerjim
05-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Not a bad truck but for $80,000 I could find better things to spend that kind of money on. Like a corvette

theken
05-10-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by racerjim
Not a bad truck but for $80,000 I could find better things to spend that kind of money on. Like a corvette can't even compare these 2, 1. if u are going to look for a truck, u wouldn't leave with a 2 seater with no trunk, lots of people like these trucks also any new truck will cost u 50 anyways so why don;t these people buy corvettes or some other car?

5.9 R/T
05-11-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by racerjim
Not a bad truck but for $80,000 I could find better things to spend that kind of money on. Like a corvette

Try under 60 MSRP.

rice_eater
05-11-2004, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by '02SiR
F.O.R.D = FRICKEN OLD REBUILT DODGE!!!
fucker only works downhill:nut:

sxtasy
05-11-2004, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater

fucker only works downhill:nut:
FOWD:confused:

M_Power
05-11-2004, 09:21 PM
fucker only rolls down hills??

Billet
05-21-2004, 03:52 AM
are they at the dealer yet? i gotta see the payment on that VIPER

rcm
05-21-2004, 09:52 PM
FORD= Found On Road Dead

digitz
06-01-2004, 03:02 AM
http://www.dragonsys.org/files/videos/F350Run.wmv

for all you ford haters.

and btw, Ford owns cummins, which Dodge leases off of them.

Dodge had to come out with it's "5 star" rating because of the horrible customer service ratings and general repair service it was offering.

I drive a Jeep, but i'd be the first one to recognize that Ford produces a very good product with it's Trucks and most educated 4x4 enthusiasts will agree.

mopar
06-01-2004, 07:30 AM
Mopar or no car bitches! That's all that needs to be said. Ford sucks, chevy is better, but nothing beats a dodge. Ford won't compete with dodge in the truck race, because they'll get scared, just like chevy did with the viper corvette race. I hear they are finally producing one that can compete. I bet the viper still won't have to break a sweat. Ford, you guys actually have the balls to notch up the horses when you brought back the gt. But, that's about all the good I can say about ya. I don't think chevy has the gonads to try to catch the SRT-10. And ford......... don't even bother, the lightning licks ass. I know it's faster than the SS but it's still a ford. Well now that all that is off my chest all I have to say is GO DODGE, FUCK FORD!

digitz
06-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mopar
Mopar or no car bitches! That's all that needs to be said. Ford sucks, chevy is better, but nothing beats a dodge. Ford won't compete with dodge in the truck race, because they'll get scared, just like chevy did with the viper corvette race. I hear they are finally producing one that can compete. I bet the viper still won't have to break a sweat. Ford, you guys actually have the balls to notch up the horses when you brought back the gt. But, that's about all the good I can say about ya. I don't think chevy has the gonads to try to catch the SRT-10. And ford......... don't even bother, the lightning licks ass. I know it's faster than the SS but it's still a ford. Well now that all that is off my chest all I have to say is GO DODGE, FUCK FORD!

Wow you really stated your position with solid facts, lame.

Ford GT 150k and equals the Speed of the Saleen S7 which is 407k. Strike one for ford.

Ford Cobra concept pumps out 650HP, the GT pumps out 500HP...

Ford Cosworth engine, most winning engine in F1 racing.

Dodge has horrible customer ratings.

I'll correct myself and say that Ford no longer has holdings in Cummins.

I could keep going but nothing will come of it except pety comments, "fuck ford." etc.

5.9 R/T
06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
ford has equally horrible customer ratings. remember the mustang "test drive" by a tech?

mo_virgin
06-01-2004, 02:15 PM
fuck dodge

dodge sucks the shit, all you gotta do is look at the numbers... ford has better sales, better reliabilty, is better styled...

your an ignorant dumb ass mopar

2literv8eater
06-04-2004, 04:39 AM
ford backwords "driver returns on foot"

joseph
06-05-2004, 02:08 AM
:drama:

CiscoWes
06-17-2004, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by ram99993
THe Dodge SRT-10 is now the fastest truck beat the Ford Lightning by 8MPH!!!

Next Generation Ford Lightning due out later this year is still the fastest truck. If you listen to the dodge commercials they say they have the fastest "production" truck. They are doing that to avoid bieng sued for false advertising since Ford makes the fastest truck (period).

To further bruise those fragile hemi egos, the Ford GT is about to off the Viper when it is released. :clap:

CiscoWes
06-17-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
fuck dodge

dodge sucks the shit, all you gotta do is look at the numbers... ford has better sales, better reliabilty, is better styled...

your an ignorant dumb ass mopar

Not only that, but dodge is making some really butt-ugly vehicles (excluding the Viper of course). Their trucks have that hideous fugly looking "pig snout" thing on the front with a droplip. They are just plain ugly and I don't know why people would want to buy those things. Don't even get me started on the new Dakota. That may be hands down, the ugliest thing on the road now. The new Chrysler 300 is pushing fugly as well.

CiscoWes
06-17-2004, 09:34 PM

Either you have rectal-cranial inversion, or you haven't heard of the next gen. Ford Lightning. 500 HP with an additional 50 HP boost at WOT. So much for dodge being the "fastest truck"! Even dodge knows that because they don't say they have the "fastest truck" because they say "fastest production truck". They don't want to be sued for false advertising since the Lightning is still the fastest truck made.

Besides, Dodges are just plain butt-ugly. They have that pigsnout thing on the front that is attached to the hood and can be broken off. It's a fugly truck and I don't know why anyone would want to drive it.

Lennon
06-17-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by CiscoWes

Either you have rectal-cranial inversion, or you haven't heard of the next gen. Ford Lightning. 500 HP with an additional 50 HP boost at WOT. So much for dodge being the "fastest truck"! Even dodge knows that because they don't say they have the "fastest truck" because they say "fastest production truck". They don't want to be sued for false advertising since the Lightning is still the fastest truck made.

Besides, Dodges are just plain butt-ugly. They have that pigsnout thing on the front that is attached to the hood and can be broken off. It's a fugly truck and I don't know why anyone would want to drive it.

Your on crack, and stop bringing back old threads.

A2VR6
06-17-2004, 11:06 PM
and now the current fastest truck comes with a quad cab and can tow 7500 pounds.

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/GMS/CONTENT/IMAGES/746415ramsrt10quadf__mid.jpg

5.9 R/T
06-17-2004, 11:43 PM

Either you have rectal-cranial inversion, or you haven't heard of the next gen. Ford Lightning. 500 HP with an additional 50 HP boost at WOT.

So Ford has the more powerful truck, but not fastest, and it's just a concept. Please post 1/4 mile and top speed runs to back up your claim. Otherwise STFU.

CiscoWes
06-19-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Lennon

Your on crack, and stop bringing back old threads.

Replying to misinformation on old threads is like seeing a picture on the wall that is crooked. You have to straighten it. When I saw folks lying about the ugly pigsnout droplip dodge trucks I had to reply.

EK 2.0
06-19-2004, 10:22 PM

Replying to misinformation on old threads is like seeing a picture on the wall that is crooked. You have to straighten it. When I saw folks lying about the ugly pigsnout droplip dodge trucks I had to reply.

well pardner...sounds like you'se gota a lil bit of dis-like there for them Dodges huh?? *spitting out tobacco*...get your ass whupped by a Dodge on the strip did ya son??...:D

CiscoWes
06-19-2004, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6
and now the current fastest truck comes with a quad cab and can tow 7500 pounds.

Yikes that dodge pigsnout is fugly. It may be the ugliest truck but it isn't the fastest.

rice_eater
06-19-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by sxtasy

FOWD:confused:
fucker only RUNS downhill :angel:

CiscoWes
06-19-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

well pardner...sounds like you'se gota a lil bit of dis-like there for them Dodges huh?? *spitting out tobacco*...get your ass whupped by a Dodge on the strip did ya son??...:D

Yes I do have a dislike for them. I don't know if it is because they are so ugly, or because they are spreading disinformation. And no, I didn't get beat by a pigsnout droplip. :D

CiscoWes
06-19-2004, 10:42 PM

So Ford has the more powerful truck, but not fastest, and it's just a concept. Please post 1/4 mile and top speed runs to back up your claim. Otherwise STFU.

More powerful and obviously the fastest. Stay tuned for the specs. when the truck comes out. All the hype about the dodge being "fastest" but it is only 8 MPH faster than the OLD Lightning?

5.9 R/T
06-19-2004, 11:28 PM

More powerful and obviously the fastest. Stay tuned for the specs. when the truck comes out. All the hype about the dodge being "fastest" but it is only 8 MPH faster than the OLD Lightning?

Here let me straighten your picture. There is no gen 3 L yet, therefore the SRT10 is, I say again IS, the fastest stock 1/2 ton truck ever. Period. Until the gen 3 is released then this stands, and the info is correct, ugly or not. Even the 'ol boys over at the L forum agree. The supercooler is a concept, the claimed 500hp is a concept, a manual transmission is a concept. That whole truck is just a concept. Lets hope they lose some of that plastic that they hung all over it, it looks like a Saturn threw up on it, but at least you won't have a problem with rusting anymore. Of course the exterior is the least of your worries, as soon as you open the door its like the guys from high rev tuners went on a shopping spree at APC, hey does it come with a cool R Type air freshner too??? I don't think ford realized that the same people who buy Focus's won't be able to afford the L. When DC released info on the SRT10 all you ford guys mouthed off, its too heavy, its too pricey, the wheels are too big, :cry:, and now look at you, all excited over a 5000lb+, $50 000, 22" rimed truck that hasn't even been confirmed for production. Funny how you ford guys are so fickle.

EK 2.0
06-20-2004, 12:53 AM

Here let me straighten your picture. There is no gen 3 L yet, therefore the SRT10 is, I say again IS, the fastest stock 1/2 ton truck ever. Period. Until the gen 3 is released then this stands, and the info is correct, ugly or not. Even the 'ol boys over at the L forum agree. The supercooler is a concept, the claimed 500hp is a concept, a manual transmission is a concept. That whole truck is just a concept. Lets hope they lose some of that plastic that they hung all over it, it looks like a Saturn threw up on it, but at least you won't have a problem with rusting anymore. Of course the exterior is the least of your worries, as soon as you open the door its like the guys from high rev tuners went on a shopping spree at APC, hey does it come with a cool R Type air freshner too??? I don't think ford realized that the same people who buy Focus's won't be able to afford the L. When DC released info on the SRT10 all you ford guys mouthed off, its too heavy, its too pricey, the wheels are too big, :cry:, and now look at you, all excited over a 5000lb+, $50 000, 22" rimed truck that hasn't even been confirmed for production. Funny how you ford guys are so fickle.

Game...Set...Match...:D

CalgarySS
06-20-2004, 09:19 AM
Bang on.

Dodge calls ithe SRT-10 the fastest "Production" truck, because it is. This title was held by the GMC Syclone and later by the Ford Lightning.

The fastest "Truck" title is held by a Dakota with a Cummins turbo-diesel.

http://www.bankspower.com/index6_images/sidewinder-rotation.jpg

Billet
06-20-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

http://wwwsg.daimlerchrysler.com/GMS/CONTENT/IMAGES/746415ramsrt10quadf__mid.jpg

NICE!!!

now this is way more practical, and it will still kick every truck out there except the sb reg cab model of course

:bigpimp:

Passed_Ya04
07-02-2004, 08:16 AM
Game set match dodge wins ford should give up now......I'm done now so I"m out skiirrrrt:burnout:

tyfi
08-15-2004, 09:59 PM
dodge'll never put a blower on that v10
too many cooling/ reliability issues to make it worthwhile producing

brncojay
08-16-2004, 10:56 AM
this is such a joke, the SRT-10 may be the FASTEST production truck, but the lightning is still the QUICKEST. As in 1/4 mile times. The lightning runs mid to high 13's STOCK the SRT-10 runs mid to high 14's. That is the biggest joke i have heard in awhile. A 60,000 dollar truck that runs 14's, god damn thats a waste of money.

Also, MOPAR, you say how much chevy sucks, why do you drive an 84 S-10 with a 350 in it?

Very confusing

5.9 R/T
08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
The biggest joke I've heard in a while is you actually believing that the L will outrun the SRT 10 in the 1/4.

brncojay
08-16-2004, 10:40 PM
it has, on several occasions, stock for stock the lightning will own a SRT in the 1/4 everyday of the week.

Billet
08-17-2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by brncojay
it has, on several occasions, stock for stock the lightning will own a SRT in the 1/4 everyday of the week.

read it there dumbass;

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=100553

voidX
08-17-2004, 06:09 AM
Who gives a shit how the fast the srt-10 is.. When new dodge trucks are the ugliest pieces of shit on the road (except for PT cruisers)? I could make a 1988 chrysler minivan faster than an srt10.. would i drive it? no.. because its still just another vehicle that looks like a bottle of smashed assholes

mo_virgin
08-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by voidX
Who gives a shit how the fast the srt-10 is.. When new dodge trucks are the ugliest pieces of shit on the road (except for PT cruisers)? I could make a 1988 chrysler minivan faster than an srt10.. would i drive it? no.. because its still just another vehicle that looks like a bottle of smashed assholes

Im don't have any love for dodge trucks but what the FUCK are you talking about? PT cruisers? That queer ass car only ranks higher than the aztek on my list.

voidX
08-17-2004, 09:32 AM
i guess you took it wrong way.. i'm saying the PT cruiser is uglier than their trucks.. you'll note i used the word "ugliest"

mo_virgin
08-17-2004, 10:45 AM
My Bad... I agree with you that the dodge trucks look like ass though.

5.9 R/T
08-17-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by voidX

Well as long as it isn't built by a bunch of smashed assholes like your chevy there then its all good.

nboylie
09-20-2004, 03:15 PM
gm syclone still is the fastest truck, runs mid 13's stock i believe.

i dont like fords either, but i rather have a lightning then a SRT 10 :barf:

Lennon
09-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey CiscoWes, where'd ya go man?

zer0
09-20-2004, 04:13 PM
WHO CARES HOW FAST DODGE TRUCKS ARE THEY LOOK LIKE GARBAGE!!! :P

Lennon
09-20-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by zer0
WHO CARES HOW FAST DODGE TRUCKS ARE THEY LOOK LIKE GARBAGE!!! :P

So do Pinto's.... also, how old are you?

nboylie
09-20-2004, 08:04 PM
im betting >13

snipa_mini85
09-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Alright, i think that most of the ppl here can agree that the only two fastest trucks out there are the SRT10 and the Lightning. For some reason or another the folks over at chevy haven't taken their head's out of their asses to look at restylin the SS, which at the moment is miles behind ford and dodge. Unless you are willing to spend over 60K US to get an SS that'll put out around 500HP.

Who's truck is fastest? I don't really care, frankly, i'd buy both of them if i could. It all depends on what you want in a truck.

Personally, i wouldn't mind seeing somebody drop a V-12 into a 1/2 ton body and make that work.:thumbsup:

Kenny_boy
09-20-2004, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by snipa_mini85
Alright, i think that most of the ppl here can agree that the only two fastest trucks out there are the SRT10 and the Lightning. For some reason or another the folks over at chevy haven't taken their head's out of their asses to look at restylin the SS, which at the moment is miles behind ford and dodge. Unless you are willing to spend over 60K US to get an SS that'll put out around 500HP.

Who's truck is fastest? I don't really care, frankly, i'd buy both of them if i could. It all depends on what you want in a truck.

Personally, i wouldn't mind seeing somebody drop a V-12 into a 1/2 ton body and make that work.:thumbsup:

Agreed

gorillam
09-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Kudos to Mini

NCLBNY
09-21-2004, 10:56 PM
I was just wondering how many of you have actually riden in both trucks. Because from my own experience, and i have been in both, the dodge is faster.

Also I would like to add I am a big dodge fan, but i gotta say if you put the extra cash you save from buying the ford instead of the dodge, into the lightning the Ford would win for sure.

gorillam
09-22-2004, 04:08 PM
NCLBNY
-You are very correct on that point, a little money more int he ford would make it faster, if you look at the 0-10 0-20 0-30 0-40 times the ford wins them all (if I remember correctly), and I have been in the srt10 VIPER edition (only for viper owners) some special one, and a lightning, It just feels like they did something wrong in the srt10, I think it might be the gearing.

after 50mph the srt10 smokes the lightning hands down.

But my question is, what is there to do to a truck that is already supercharged.... cant do too much really.

CalgarySS
09-22-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

But my question is, what is there to do to a truck that is already supercharged.... cant do too much really. [/B]

You are kidding right?

Ben
09-22-2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by gorillam

But my question is, what is there to do to a truck that is already supercharged.... cant do too much really.

Most people throw a smaller pully on, do some ECU tuning and add more fuel for starters.;)

snipa_mini85
09-22-2004, 10:55 PM
Since the Lightning has been out for SO many years more than the srt10, there is a hell of a lot more to do to the lightning than the srt10. For that, the industry has been able to build more performance parts for the lightning to make it light up the black top. :burnout:

As well, i say give it a year or less (probably less) until the industry comes out with parts for the srt10, and by that time ford probably would have brought out the next gen lightning, and the story just keeps revolving from there.

palladinx
09-30-2004, 05:16 PM
i dont care fords cars are shit.... the look ugly the have the stupidest engine design ford sucks ass really bad. i would take a silverado over a f-150 anyday, unless the ram comes into the pic i all for that truck!:thumbsup:

but anyways SRT-10 kicked the lightnings ass, u cant really do anything about it u dodge haters, and like he said there is not much u can do with a superhcarged engine anyways.
so imagine the srt-10 supercharged!! ford dont even try just give up:dunno:

gorillam
10-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Ben

Most people throw a smaller pully on, do some ECU tuning and add more fuel for starters.;)

Which gives you.... still 100hp less then the dodge :>

5.9 R/T
10-04-2004, 02:31 PM
Please let this thread die, there is no more useful information being generated.

CalgarySS
10-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Here is some more information.

The Dodge goes it alone for 2005...

Ford has pulled the plug on the next-generation F-150 Lightning SVT pickup truck, instead putting all SVT's eggs into one basket - the SVT Cobra Mustang, due for 2006.

"It's a business decision," said Alan Hall, SVT spokesman. The official line is that the Lightning has been "postponed," and not killed, but if it is revived, it will be 2008 or later before we see one. SVT has gone from three vehicles in 2004 - the Lightning, the Cobra Mustang and the SVT Focus - to none in 2005.

Ford had already shown a concept version of the next-generation Lightning in 2003. The concept had a supercharged V-8 engine with more than 500 horsepower, in answer to the Dodge Ram SRT-10, which eclipsed the Lightning as the world's fastest production pickup in a test last winter. Ford was eager to regain the crown, but has decided to deed the performance pickup-truck market over to Dodge and its 500-horse SRT-10, and to a lesser extent, Chevrolet, though the heavy all-wheel-drive Silverado SS is not in the same category.

The Lightning debuted in 1993, with a 240-horsepower version of Ford's 5.8-liter V-8. Cobby and not that attractive, it was only a mild success, and was dropped in 1995. The F-150's redesign led to a handsome new Lightning for 1999, featuring a 360-horsepower supercharged 5.4-liter V-8. A handful of 2004 Lightnings, not much changed from that 1999 model except for a horsepower bump to 380, remain on dealer lots. Base price: $33,560.

Apparently, cost played a leading role in the decision, as the expense involved in developing and certifying a proper V8, and massaging the new-for-2004 F-150's chassis, was deemed prohibitive. Also, the next-generation Lightning's fuel mileage would likely continue to detract from Ford's Corporate Average Fuel Economy totals: The current Lightning is rated at 12 mpg city, 16 mpg highway.

Even so, this news will not be popular with Lightning loyalists, such as Mike Philpot of Heathrow, Florida, who paid full sticker price for his Lightning in July, 1999. "My '99 Lightning has been a fantastic vehicle," he says. "It has about 54,000 miles on it, and it runs better than new. Never any problems. I bought an extended warranty from Ford, but I could have saved myself the money. It has it all: good looks, comfort, good handling and, of course, all that incredible power. Hardly a day goes by without at least one positive comment on it from someone.

"Hopefully, Ford will change its mind. If they want to keep the F-150 the most popular truck in the world with all the competition that it has now, they had better continue with their halo vehicle."

http://www.autoweek.com/images/news/101065

M_Power
10-20-2004, 10:09 PM
noooo :cry:
i wanted to see some new lightnings by 2006 damn SVT!
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=2005+ford+lightning/v=2/SID=w/l=IVI/SIG=11pl8f6iv/*-http%3A//www.c2e.info/images/CAS03/ford04lightning.jpg
:love:

luv2xler8
10-25-2004, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by 2literv8eater
ford backwords "driver returns on foot"
lol i got a joke that goes like that.
y do ford dealers give a free german shpeard with every purchase????

so u got some one to walk home with lol
:dunno: well i thought it was funny anyways lol

but anyway you people will never end this debate because every one has there own personal opinion and its just gonna keep on going. some ppl like dode (me) and some people like chevy (not bad for the 1967-70 class) and some like ford (my personal favorite is the 56 hehe) and so on so just keep in mind when trashing the other companies to do it in the most polite way. there is no reason to get all steamed up about something because they all have there ups and down.

o and to my joke i ment it to be laughed at nottaking offencivly
p.s. i know i cant speel worth shit so dont bother mentioning it lol thxs:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Colt45
10-26-2004, 12:53 PM
I'm a GM kinda guy, buy I hafta admit... those gen 3 lightnings were pretty sweet looking. It would have been cool to see those on the road. Maybe they will change their minds.... The fastest truck race just keeps getting more and more exciting and it would probably ruin the moment if ford didn't stay in the game :thumbsdow

gmoney21
11-06-2004, 08:05 PM
Dodge is all round the sexiest, powerfulest best stylin truck around, aint no company gonna match DODGE

Moe Man
11-07-2004, 10:02 PM
dodge is pimp.............

they just orderd 35000 worth of rims and tires of the magnum,ram,neon,jeep grand,300c,dakoda

btw these arnt cheap ass rims they got 20" FOOSE and other high class brands

cheak out the 5 star dealership in the NE :thumbsup:

Bigblock390
11-10-2004, 11:46 PM
F.O.R.D. FIRST ON RACE DAY Fuck All U Homos With Dodge Them trucks Look Like Shit And Chevy? wtf are they bragghin about nowdays they got the most headroom? woopdy shit ford has the most torque outsells every other truck for the past 30 + years u on crack ? where u ben? look at all the stats ford kicks the shit out of both chev and dodge cept for chevy on the cheapest piece of shit around

Lennon
11-11-2004, 06:07 AM
Haha, you mean F.O.R.D. - Found on road DEAD!

Muhahahaha

CalgarySS
11-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Bigblock390
F.O.R.D. FIRST ON RACE DAY Fuck All U Homos With Dodge Them trucks Look Like Shit And Chevy? wtf are they bragghin about nowdays they got the most headroom? woopdy shit ford has the most torque outsells every other truck for the past 30 + years u on crack ? where u ben? look at all the stats ford kicks the shit out of both chev and dodge cept for chevy on the cheapest piece of shit around

Thanks for not purchasing the same truck as me.

Please note the brand that you decided on and the style in which you speak.

:rofl:

iced_out_00
11-11-2004, 06:46 PM

Yet another biast person on here. Okay, first and foremost I am a Ford guy. Always have been, always will be. The thing i want to bring up is if you're thinking the Lightning licks nuts... then why don't we see any SRT-10's on the road? Or why did they make the srt-10? shit, maybe it was to beat the lightning. I'll give Dodge it's credit, they've done remarkable things to their line-up, but you know whats odd, it seems two of Dodge's good cars aren't truly produced by Dodge. Magnums and 300C's were designed by none other than Mercedes-Benz. You're saying Ford had the "balls" to notch up the horsepower? Ford invented horsepower at LeMans. The GT40 was built to slay Ferrari's, not Dodge's, but the SRT-10 was made to slay a Lightning. It seems that Ford has bigger fish to fry. Now, let me see what beats a Dodge how doez a Boss 429 sound? How does a Ford GT sound? How does a Chevrolet Corvette sound? Face it you just simply Don't Over Drive Garbage Engine's (dodge bitch)
Oh and i work at a dodge dealership and u no them rams wit the hemi's? Try and spin the tires next time with an auto and see how far u get.:guns:

I'd rather drive no car then own a Mopar

Lennon
11-11-2004, 08:32 PM
^^Haha, right on.

See, I'm a Dodge man, and always will be... but I'll respect ya with that little speech. At least your showing enthusiasm.. and tellin it like it is.

Dodge is good... and only getting better. But like you said, Benz is the best thing that ever happened to them. I grew up on Dodges, love the history, and the vehicles.. never would I ever buy a Ford, or Chevy for that matter. Dodge all the way.

But, you have truth in your speech. So I got nothing.

But I would buy a stripped down Ram, before I would ever get a full load F-150.

My point, everyone has their preferences. And everyone is just going to have to deal.

palladinx
12-11-2004, 05:18 PM
you know why ford has the most sales is because there prices are cheaper, witch means that the trucks are cheaper. and dont be dissin chevy they have come a long way and make desent trucks but im a DODGE guy and i know more people that would get a dodge over a ford anyday, why? because the history of ford is cheap ass vihicles for intance "pinto" so dont be all up in are faces with that shit about how ford is better than dodge, and will beat ferrari. even if they beat ferrari in speed nothing is like the quality of a ferrari:thumbsup: