PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Taken EMR?

hockeybronx
04-08-2004, 10:02 PM
I'm taking an EMR course from the University of Calgary 16 hours per weekend in June.

Anybody taken it before? Is it a big commitment or is it pretty easy if it is what I love and am determined to do?

^SkylinE^
04-09-2004, 01:29 AM
I have but we have talked a little about this before. I took the one at sait and it was a 4 month program. I think the one at U of C is a month long. The one at sait was soooo easy and super slack but i really enjoyed it! You do need to study and do your work though. If you apply yourself you will do very well.
Good luck man!

mo_virgin
04-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Where did you go to sign up?

ramminghard
04-09-2004, 04:50 PM
try and do a couple ride-a-long things with them. Make sure you know what your getting in to. Lots of people do all the training and then can't handle what they see in the real world and quit.

^SkylinE^
04-09-2004, 05:16 PM
To get onto a ride along you must show interest or some paper work saying that your in a realated course. Call a fire station to set i up. Im currently in the Emt-a program and its amazing. Tons of people from my class have been on ride alongsand say there great!. Also we get a shift in the OR to watch some operations and just do basic stuff. We also do 200hours of in car. So i will be working 4shifts on 4 off just like a norm EMS worker would and you get to use all your skills and see a world of things! Just call sait to sign up or go online and find the course. I love the course and would recomend it to anyone interested in the feild!