PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket!?!?!?!?!?!

IntegraG2
04-08-2004, 11:53 PM
I got a speeding ticket tonight and the fucktard of a cop wrote the date as March 8th 2004 which is obviously wrong.....so yeah im just wondering if i could fight that shit and not pay for the ticket........ummm let me know where to go and what to say.....

IntegraG2

Skyline_Addict
04-09-2004, 12:02 AM
if any information on the ticket is wrong, it can be discarded and destroyed....

IntegraG2
04-09-2004, 12:03 AM
fcukin sweet....do i simply just go to a registry place.....or do i have to go to the downtown justice counter or whatever its called....

thanks man

b16Ateg
04-09-2004, 12:08 AM
ummm you go down to the the rockyview something down town.. and talk to someone.. but i dunno.. sometimes they will let you off and sometimes they won't they are getting pretty strick on that cos i tried to fight something cos the guy spelt calgary wrong and my address wrong and they made me pay.. so try it and see what happens

IntegraG2
04-09-2004, 12:09 AM
ohh ....but isnt the date pretty important though.....but whatever its worth a try though

Z_Fan
04-09-2004, 12:21 AM
If you go down town, and they decide NOT to let you off...I'd be very surprised. *ANY* information on that ticket that is wrong means that ticket is garbage. Simple as that. Especially the date.

Fact is, you become NOT GUILTY because they are charging you with this act on or about a specific point in time. If the date is NOT when the offence happened, then clearly you are innocent of speeding month ago, or whenever the ticket says! So it's not something you can be convicted of...simple as that. So unless that cop can prove he can time travel, you're off the hook...

They will toss this in a second...

NOW, if for some reason the guy doesn't toss it, contact any lawyer and this ticket is quashed in a heartbeat...

IntegraG2
04-09-2004, 12:28 AM
sweet guy....thanks so much for your guys help.....

Strider
04-09-2004, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
If you go down town, and they decide NOT to let you off...I'd be very surprised. *ANY* information on that ticket that is wrong means that ticket is garbage. Simple as that. Especially the date.

Fact is, you become NOT GUILTY because they are charging you with this act on or about a specific point in time. If the date is NOT when the offence happened, then clearly you are innocent of speeding month ago, or whenever the ticket says! So it's not something you can be convicted of...simple as that. So unless that cop can prove he can time travel, you're off the hook...

They will toss this in a second...

NOW, if for some reason the guy doesn't toss it, contact any lawyer and this ticket is quashed in a heartbeat...

Assuming this is true, how could you prove that the date is wrong?? Otherwise anyone could just walk into the CP's office with any ticket and say that the date is wrong and they have to throw it out :dunno:

IntegraG2
04-09-2004, 01:50 AM
well they wouldnt post the court appearance date for two months after the day of the ticket was handed out.....

Maxt
04-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Send it in , pick option #2 on the back, include a note that the date on the ticket is wrong, and they will send you it back in a week or so with a nice withdrawn letter...usually what will happen is the cop will not submit the ticket to the CP because it makes the cop look like a Retard...
I just went through the same thing, kinda comical actually, I was gonna fight it because my speedo was stuck, it would read no higher than 80 km/h , I could pulled over at 104 in a 80 zone, little did I know, the cop didn't even tell me what I was doing, they asked for my information, 5 minutes later, came back up to the window and just threw my papers back through the window and walked away, they got in the car and took off, upon picking up my papers is when I found that they had issued me ticket for speeding.....Its like they were scared of me or something, or scared to tell me they were giving me a ticket....
So I sent it in, as option 2, not guilty, I got it back with the date circled, the cop had the wrong month, and the wrong year, and never bothered filing the ticket....Maxt

civic_ek4
04-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I think there might be an early resolution form at the CPs Office. Go there talk to them and they should throw it out. CUZ on Dec 25, 2003 i got a ticket but on the ticket it states Dec. 25, 2004. I went to the court house and filled out the form and the CP called me later and told me to throw the ticket in the garbage.

There is always the chance of them re-issusing a new ticket. So do it politely.

dishrag
04-09-2004, 04:18 PM
I had this happen to me. The court appearance date on the ticket fell on a Saturday, which of course doesn't wash. I went to the wicket and made my case in front of one of the wanna be judge bitches, needless to say, she was a bitch. I pointed out that not having a correct appearance date prevented me from forming a proper defence, wasnt consistent with other tickets that other drivers get and called into question wheather any of the information on the ticket was correct. She wasn't hearin' any of it. So the appearance date passes and Super Trooper stops by and leaves a summons with my mom, I'm thinking this guy really wants to look dumb in court. so I go and he takes me out of the courtroom and says the prosecutor in all her graciousness will cut the fine and demerits in half, I say no, I want to present my case to the judge, the cop says the ticket will be quashed. The upshot is: everyone at the courthouse will try to tell you you have no case, I'd say you do. Stick to your guns and don't give up, it will probably get thrown out in front of a judge. At the very least, they'll reduce it just for showing up.

Skyline_Addict
04-09-2004, 04:27 PM
yep, getting a ticket reduction is always easy.
if you're a student, just say you're poor and have to pay for tuition and don't have a job...
of course, say all this if it's true.

but in your case, you can get the ticket thrown out.

just speaking out.

1-Bar
04-09-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
I got a speeding ticket tonight and the fucktard of a cop wrote the date as March 8th 2004 which is obviously wrong.....so yeah im just wondering if i could fight that shit and not pay for the ticket........ummm let me know where to go and what to say.....

IntegraG2

Oh shiet man.....You have to goto the Rocky Mountain plaza on 1st S.E. and 7th Ave. I believe.. Its right beside an LRT station. Talk to the the Justice of the Peace, then you might have to talk to the Crown...Or you can just mail it in. I would rather talk to them in person, but you have to go in on the date printed on the ticket....I think this is correct....

IntegraG2
04-10-2004, 01:57 AM
thanks guys....i appreciate it......

1-Bar
04-10-2004, 10:09 AM
pssst....you'd have that b20 if it weren't for all your tickets!!!

IntegraG2
04-10-2004, 10:36 AM
for sure....if my parents find out....no driving for me.....i really hope that sh!t is quashed.....:banghead:

BebeAphrodite
04-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
yep, getting a ticket reduction is always easy.
if you're a student, just say you're poor and have to pay for tuition and don't have a job...
of course, say all this if it's true.

but in your case, you can get the ticket thrown out.

just speaking out.

I don't think they'd let you off simply for the reason that you're a student and you're poor.

1-Bar
04-10-2004, 12:24 PM
for sure....if my parents find out....no driving for me.....i really hope that sh!t is quashed.....:banghead:

I smell a blackmail in the works....lol

IntegraG2
04-10-2004, 12:47 PM
so chris whose truck are you using to pick up your CF hood.......smells like blackmail......hahaha

CivicDXR
04-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

I smell a blackmail in the works....lol

haha, I was wondering what that smell was in the air :dunno:

so chris whose truck are you using to pick up your CF hood.......smells like blackmail......hahaha

um, last I heard, I was picking it up for him, not you :rofl:

IntegraG2
04-10-2004, 01:55 PM
damnit i hate you....you always ruin my fun......KJ :thumbsdow

Skyline_Addict
04-11-2004, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel

I don't think they'd let you off simply for the reason that you're a student and you're poor.

didn't say they'd let you off.
but they'd could spare you some change and reduce the fine.

rice_eater
04-11-2004, 11:54 AM
you may have gotten away now...but the man is after you! and he WILL get you:love:

GTS Jeff
04-11-2004, 12:10 PM
i always thought cops had a certain amount of time to fix the errors on their tickets? :confused:

vtec96
04-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
i always thought cops had a certain amount of time to fix the errors on their tickets? :confused:

yes...6 months~~

GTS Jeff
04-11-2004, 04:43 PM
so then why is everyone gauranteeing that the ticket will be thrown out? how do u guys know the cop wont just change the date?

E_Kraze9
04-11-2004, 07:15 PM
damn that would suck lots.....:thumbsdow

pile_0_crap
04-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
if any information on the ticket is wrong, it can be discarded and destroyed....

don't wanna sound like a complete retard but i just wanna be 100% sure coz my friend got a ticket and they mispelt his last name, so would that totally void out his ticket?

IntegraG2
04-11-2004, 07:29 PM
well i guess that would depend....one guy in this thread said that they spelt a whole bunch of shit wrong on his ticket but the ticket price was just reduced....and others say that if the date is wrong then they would throw it away.....i would think if the date is wrong then they for sure would throw it away cause that is just retarded....you could argue that you didnt speed on the date on the ticket.....

leutyc
10-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Well i have a qeueston as well, i did not wanna start a new forum so here we go,

I moved to calgary 3 years ago and got the little sticker on my drivers licance changed to my new calgary address, i got pulled over on a sunday moring at 1 AM. The officer gave me two tickets, i had planed on fighting them both saying i am a poor MRC student and such ( which is true) then my dad looked at the tickets and both of them have my old red deer address on them. If i go to court on the 22 and say look they got the address wrong on both and that i do have the new sticker on will they get trown out. cause my new address is on my drivers licance, on my registion and on the insurance, will i be free?

Singel
10-04-2004, 08:06 PM
I think Traffic Lawyer said a ticket in anotehr thread wouldn't necessarily be thrown out because the guys address was written wrong, but I'd assume the date is one of the most important things so it can get thrown out.

And if they didn't throw it out immediately, you could probly fight it in court, if the cop states it happened on a different day than it says on the ticket, chances are you should be okay I'd assume.

IntegraG2
10-04-2004, 09:44 PM
i got this ticket thrown out by the way