PDA

View Full Version : Best front coils for offroad use

brazelt
04-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi, I've got a '98 Tacoma in need of new front springs. Any recommendations? This vehicle is used primarily offroad so I'd like something very stiff and supportive. Especially interested in a spring that is very durable since suspension components wear out very quickly with our normal use (we need to replace our Rancho shocks every 3-6 months and are on our 3rd set of rear leaf springs).

Thanks, Tim

civic_stylez
04-09-2004, 08:54 PM
give skyajcker a try... most of the jeep guys that i hang around with all use skyjacker springs and shocks...they cost the same as rancho but have a much better ride.

mrbojangles
04-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Curious on the frequent shock and leaf changes.
Are you still IFS up front and any other mods done?
Is a dealer telling you the shocks and leafs are kaput, or are they actually leaking and are the leafs bent, broken or sagged?

Visit Allpros website for front spring info.

turboMiata
04-11-2004, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by brazelt
Especially interested in a spring that is very durable since suspension components wear out very quickly with our normal use (we need to replace our Rancho shocks every 3-6 months and are on our 3rd set of rear leaf springs).

Wow, are you carrying pretty heavy loads? I'm running a set of Old Man Emu HD springs and shocks on my rig (2") and very happy. The majority of Land Rover folks run OME because of the heavy loads we carry on our trucks. I'm not too much a Rancho fan and Bilsteins are for cars.

One thing to remember with stiffer springs, your ride is going to be very bumper and rough.