PDA

View Full Version : Any acura els on this site?

el-nino
04-09-2004, 12:02 PM
Any elers on this site. pm me!

finboy
04-09-2004, 12:27 PM
i think lam-boy has one

GTS Jeff
04-09-2004, 12:52 PM
yea my parents used to have one. im not sure if they still do. it tops out at 140 with a/c on :thumbsdow

xrayvsn
04-09-2004, 02:22 PM
I own a '98 EL. At the time, I wanted a 4 door civic with the SOHC VTEC motor, which I think Honda Canada discontinued in 1997 so that it could sell the EL for more.

Its been a good car for me, and my wife likes the heated leather seats.

GTSJeff: was your parents' EL an auto? I know that the 5spd can do 195 - 200 in 4th gear. (Not that I would condone excessive speeds on public roads). Then again, maybe the A/C wasn't on at the time...

Skyline_Addict
04-09-2004, 04:40 PM
I own a 2003 1.7EL.
Put a Greddy air intake into it (the mounting bar snapped today! :guns: ) and a APEXi exhaust is going on soon.
The car is comfortable, but that's about it.
I think the car looks pretty good, except for the fact that it is a bit too narrow, which makes it look kind of bubbly.
The car definetely has speed issues, especially if you're not a mom who uses it to go grocery shopping or to pick up kids from day car and would enjoy a joy ride once in a while.
With my mods, i'm cracking about 140...still really slow.
But it's a very comfortable ride.
Despite the fact that the car can be really rev-happy, it is very very quiet at cruising speeds, especially for a 4 cylinder.
For looks, comfort and quality it's worth the money.
For performance, performance-potential and sportiness, look elsewhere.
might have an acura badge, but it's just a 4 door honda civic in the end.
turn the a/c off.
I hit past 140 a few times.

lam-boy
04-10-2004, 01:42 AM
autos rule! :bigpimp: :bigpimp: